Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cityballers.com Present Tampa Bay Buc Will Gholston (Video) « previous next »
Page: 1

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
: July 06, 2013, 10:16:32 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHsi74nTX9A

if you seen this sorry.

keynotes:
Gholston's #1 stated goal? Rookie of the Year
Losing makes him angry, to the point of tears?...
likes to read books in his offtime
saving money for his newborn son
: July 06, 2013, 10:19:23 PM Zsnore

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#1 : July 06, 2013, 10:23:54 PM

He's a tall fella. Get that leverage.

Zsnore

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Pro Bowler
#2 : July 06, 2013, 10:26:25 PM

This is what I think about the Glazers being cheap...

nitey

Hall of Famer
#3 : July 07, 2013, 08:17:53 AM

What comes across in the video is that you can clearly see that the guy has some real talent, so that gives him a chance to become a solid player for the Bucs. The question I have about Gholston is if he has the maturity to take his play to a higher level. The comment that he made back when he was drafted 'I don't like offensive players to touch me' is very concerning to me. Reminds me too much of Gaines, who also didn't like to mix it up with the tackles so ran outside of them every chance he got. To be a good defensive end, you have to be willing to mix it up with some of those nasty offensive tackles and give more than you get so that you can set them up for that outside move. Gaines never liked that aspect of being a DE (maybe he would have been better as a LB) and that's my fear about Gholston.

Guy does seem to have his head on straight though, talked about providing for his family and putting money away for emergencies. At least he has that going for him. If Cox can make him embrace violent contact, he has the chance to be a real player for us.

Here's hoping.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#4 : July 07, 2013, 10:30:10 AM

The comment regarding offensive players touching him was also said by Means.

I liken the comment to these guys HATE being touched and it enrages them to be so.

I do not think finesse when I hear a comment like that coming from bug dudes like Means and Gholston.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#5 : July 07, 2013, 11:07:59 AM

The question I have about Gholston is if he has the maturity to take his play to a higher level. The comment that he made back when he was drafted 'I don't like offensive players to touch me' is very concerning to me.
we had 2 drafted guys make the exact same statement?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 07, 2013, 11:42:21 AM

The question I have about Gholston is if he has the maturity to take his play to a higher level. The comment that he made back when he was drafted 'I don't like offensive players to touch me' is very concerning to me.
we had 2 drafted guys make the exact same statement?
Means said it, not Gholdson.

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cityballers.com Present Tampa Bay Buc Will Gholston (Video) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools