Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The stench in Gainesville at UF! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 22

grimesy

Rookie

#15 : July 24, 2013, 05:15:55 PM

UF hasn't had an NCAA violation since 1984, unlike your so-called "university". FSU was filthy under Bobby B with his holier-than-thou and sanctimonious attitude giving a great cover to hide behind.

Plus Hernandez wasn't a UF student when he allegedly murdered Lloyd. Why should his collegiate affliation has any bearing on what he does now in the NFL?
: July 24, 2013, 05:18:34 PM grimesy

Runole

Hall of Famer
#16 : July 24, 2013, 07:56:35 PM

UF hasn't had an NCAA violation since 1984, unlike your so-called "university". FSU was filthy under Bobby B with his holier-than-thou and sanctimonious attitude giving a great cover to hide behind.

Plus Hernandez wasn't a UF student when he allegedly murdered Lloyd. Why should his collegiate affliation has any bearing on what he does now in the NFL?

Good Point...    and glad you mention this   Lets just look at that Footlocker incident and how SI Called the Title "TAINTED"

Now lets go to Tank Black and almost every UF star player was on the Tank Black payroll and explain why that Title doesn't deserve the title Tainted far more?

Fast forward to UF's recent MNC's  are you aware that 41 players from that Florida team have been arrested at Florida, or as you pointed out arrested and charged after leaving Florida  example- Hernandez

It should be noted that Hernandez had a shooting incident at Florida which was never investigated with Reggie Nelson .  Perhaps if Florida actually held its football players accountable someone might be alive today.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#17 : July 24, 2013, 10:02:28 PM

runole - who is bill cervones boss?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Runole

Hall of Famer
#18 : July 25, 2013, 08:09:43 PM

runole - who is bill cervones boss?

THE UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA APPARENTLY... I do believe according to articles written the first person contacted is Foley...  Imagine the conversation is "Do you want me to drop the charges or should I call Huntley to work his magic"?  "I will get some lackey newbie prosecutor and tell him to accept any plea down that keeps the kid on the field"  GO GATORS!

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#19 : August 14, 2013, 01:53:49 PM

It doesn't matter, Hernandez's actions 3 yrs after leaving school are still UF's fault, just like USC is to blame for what OJ did.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#20 : August 15, 2013, 09:50:02 AM

It doesn't matter, Hernandez's actions 3 yrs after leaving school are still UF's fault, just like USC is to blame for what OJ did.

You teach.... you learn.... you apply...    education is about learning.   It is rather obvious all UF did for Hernandez was reinforce criminal behavior being acceptable and excusable due to him being a football player.
That is called conditioning to not be accountable for your actions. IMO

OJ Simpson to my knowledge was never shooting people in the face at USC or involved in any criminal behavior..   Can't see any comparison with USC and OJ and USC being to blame.

Perhaps you have a link showing any horrific criminal acts that OJ was involved at USC.     I am not aware of any.

Now I do believe that being in the constant limelight filled with enabling throughout OJ's career as a NFL player, actor, and announcer did indeed lead to him murdering two people and thinking that he was above the law and by the results of the ridiculous verdict in a sense initially he did escape punishment for his heinous crime.   As he did end up finally in prison I guess he finally got the justice he deserved.

Again if you don't see severe problems with 41 arrested players from UF's championship teams, I find that very odd and feel you are in denial.   That you apparently see little wrong with such a deplorable lack of action by UF is troubling to me and I believe should be troubling to anyone that follows CFB.

That being said what is amazing to me is how UF has managed to escape the scrutiny it deserves for such outrageous behavior being acceptable at an institution of higher learning.

They continue to set records for repugnant behavior with their college football program.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#21 : August 15, 2013, 01:02:14 PM

You teach.... you learn.... you apply...    education is about learning.   It is rather obvious all UF did for Hernandez was reinforce criminal behavior being acceptable and excusable due to him being a football player.

So a public University is supposed to reverse 17 yrs of bad parenting, poor environment, and a bad social structure in just 3 yrs?????

Don't blame the parents, don't blame his childhood community, blame the University that had him for 28 months?????

OJ Simpson to my knowledge was never shooting people in the face at USC or involved in any criminal behavior..

and Hernandez didn't shoot anyone in the face while at UF. There was one bar incident when he was under the legal drinking age and what??

Can't see any comparison with USC and OJ and USC being to blame.

That's because it was sarcastic hyperbole. Most sane, rational and reasonably literate people would recognize that. You clearly didn't, so draw your own conclusions.

Perhaps you have a link showing any horrific criminal acts that OJ was involved at USC.     I am not aware of any.

Perhaps you have a link of any horrific crimes Hernandez committed while at UF (and NOT 2-3 yrs later)

Now I do believe that being in the constant limelight filled with enabling throughout OJ's career as a NFL player, actor, and announcer did indeed lead to him murdering two people and thinking that he was above the law and by the results of the ridiculous verdict in a sense initially he did escape punishment for his heinous crime.   As he did end up finally in prison I guess he finally got the justice he deserved.

Again if you don't see severe problems with 41 arrested players from UF's championship teams, I find that very odd and feel you are in denial.   That you apparently see little wrong with such a deplorable lack of action by UF is troubling to me and I believe should be troubling to anyone that follows CFB.

That being said what is amazing to me is how UF has managed to escape the scrutiny it deserves for such outrageous behavior being acceptable at an institution of higher learning.

What "outrageous behavior" was deemed acceptable?? 41 arrests clearly shows that the GPD and UPD clearly found these students behavior "unacceptable". They were arrested and most convicted (or plead to lesser charges- something FAR from unique in Gainesville but far too common in EVERY city in the US) and most were given a 2nd chance and never got in trouble again. Sure some bad apples failed to learn their lesson, but in a large group of 18-21 year olds, is that unusual?

Runole

Hall of Famer
#22 : August 15, 2013, 08:35:43 PM

So a public University is supposed to reverse 17 yrs of bad parenting, poor environment, and a bad social structure in just 3 yrs?????

Don't blame the parents, don't blame his childhood community, blame the University that had him for 28 months?????

You have a point and possibly you can't turn a hopeless case but that is when you make the decision to send him packing,  His parents and community and bad social structure doesn't excuse " the enabling" to continue without holding that "hopeless case" accountable. You definitely don't continue to reward him for bad or criminal behavior which is exactly what UF did.

OJ Simpson to my knowledge was never shooting people in the face at USC or involved in any criminal behavior..

and Hernandez didn't shoot anyone in the face while at UF. There was one bar incident when he was under the legal drinking age and what??

There was a witness to a shooting that he and Reggie Nelson were involved in and they were identified where someone was shot in the face. The were never even investigated despite an eyewitness identifying them.The case remains unsolved.. Gee! I wonder why? ;)

Can't see any comparison with USC and OJ and USC being to blame.

That's because it was sarcastic hyperbole. Most sane, rational and reasonably literate people would recognize that. You clearly didn't, so draw your own conclusions.

Would have helped had you said you were not being serious,said jk, or a sarcastic emoticon. When you mix sarcasm with being serious it is not unreasonable for anyone not to recognize it.
Hyperbole or not there is no comparison between OJ and Hernandez and their histories on campus.

Perhaps you have a link of any horrific crimes Hernandez committed while at UF (and NOT 2-3 yrs later)

I have already pointed out his involvement in a shooting I am sure there are many many stories of his criminal behavior at UF that will come out. Hey,  when 5 star  #1 WR Percy Harvin punches a coach in the face and is allowed to smoke pot without any discipline that is a problem!  FSU had a 5 star #1 receiver named Rouse what did FSU do to him for his behavior?  Are you just trying to be naive to what is going on at UF?

What "outrageous behavior" was deemed acceptable?? 41 arrests clearly shows that the GPD and UPD clearly found these students behavior "unacceptable". They were arrested and most convicted (or plead to lesser charges- something FAR from unique in Gainesville but far too common in EVERY city in the US) and most were given a 2nd chance and never got in trouble again. Sure some bad apples failed to learn their lesson, but in a large group of 18-21 year olds, is that unusual?

The sheer amount of arrests is unbelievable and while that is a very real problem, the final disposition of those arrests is what is the MAJOR troubling issue. Almost every case was thrown out so the player could be on the field.   I have never read of that many arrests from a championship team let alone keeping them on the field at all costs.  Surely you are familiar with the Marcus Thomas situation

Let me give just one simple example of the Right response versus the Wrong response.  FSU had a player shoot into an apartment building. He was immediately dismissed from the team. UF has had numerous cases of the same behavior and they never even missed a game..
    JMO but I think shooting on a campus demands immediate  dismissal.  I certainly wouldn't want to send anyone to a college that allows that kind of behavior to flourish.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 15, 2013, 10:24:05 PM

Get help.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 16, 2013, 02:46:38 PM

Get help.

:D     You need to discover what the word ethics, honesty, decency, and integrity means as well as playing by the rules.   Wouldn't hurt to understand that being accountable for ones actions is not a bad thing and really should be a GATOR THANG.

As far as me needing help you do have a point and perhaps if someone in the media actually decides to do a forensic study on what is going on at UF he would most certainly earn a Pulitzer Prize in journalism.

Sad that it seems most of the media is either cowardly , in UF's back pocket , or just sticks its head in the sand to the overall corruption at UF and how they run their athletic programs.  41 arrested players with the headliner up on murder charges is extremely troubling.     I guess it is kind of like the Boston Massacre  done by Muslim terrorists that the administration and media tried their hardest to make into only being Russian crackpots is not a big deal... Who cares those Boston families need to seek help and just get over it  right?   Murder is not that big of deal from a former Florida player right?  Hey who cares right?

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#25 : August 23, 2013, 01:42:57 PM

Man, all that "Free Shoe U" crap is starting to look very 'minor-league-ish' compared to Gangbanger University located in Gainesville.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#26 : August 24, 2013, 09:08:04 AM

Man, all that "Free Shoe U" crap is starting to look very 'minor-league-ish' compared to Gangbanger University located in Gainesville.

great observation..... It is called the art of deflection.  UF has spent over 50 years throwing stones at FSU or Miami in attempts to hide their glass house that is broken beyond repair.

With a UF graduate in every major media source in Florida it never ceases to amaze me how well UF covers up every smudge on the program.

A Pulitzer prize is awaiting any journalist having the courage to do a forensic accounting of UF and how its football program is being run.  From academics to criminal behavior there is no accountability at UF.

Hey FSU is far from perfect but they actually hold their players accountable for their actions.  At UF they either get criminal cases thrown out or just look the other way.  Only when a player breaks so many rules in a highly visible manner does UF actually kick the player out of the program.  I would put it somewhere between 6-10 chances before UF decides to act.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 24, 2013, 09:50:53 AM

Get help.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#28 : August 25, 2013, 11:23:30 AM

Learn accountability

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#29 : August 26, 2013, 12:05:09 PM

Seriously, DJ, UF fans/students/alumni stayed talk ing NASTY smack about the Noles when all that shoe crap happened in the 90s. But, Bobby ALWAYS suspended the **CENSORED** out of his players for the smallest of infractions.

To UF's defense, I think Spurrier was pretty much the same way. But, I think when Steve left and Zook (followed by Urban), shlt went downhill and went downhill REAL fast.

Before all is said and done, Florida will have a bigger black eye than FSU could have ever dreamed of with their free shoes and exam-cheating scandals. If the ACTUAL truth is ever revealed, we may see the 2nd largest cover-up ever (we all kind of know who clocks in at #1).

At least Muschamp is shaping the program back up.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 22
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The stench in Gainesville at UF! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools