Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The stench in Gainesville at UF! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22

Runole

Hall of Famer
#90 : September 06, 2013, 04:15:22 PM

Of course this again proves my point that Florida doesn't play Miami because they are afraid of a loss.
this is simply not true, and its not even debatable.  UF doesnt play miami solely for financial reasons.  its been said a million times.  nearly every UF fan wants to play miami every year.  foley wants to make money.  its basic.  going to miami every other year doesnt bring in revenue.  bringing in a patsy every year does.

baloney... UF has one of the richest programs in all of CFB poor mouthing that they can't afford to is just a crock of BS..   UF is in no dire straits financially.  They could finance FSU and Miami both with their boosters and still would have more money coming into the program than USF.

Get serious!   Using such logic how did FSU manage to play them every year even when they were in the Big East?   FSU certainly makes less than UF.  and often plays less home games has a smaller stadium.  Pure HS...  Playing Tennessee, Kentucky, and Vandy every year is just too tough!  :o   

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#91 : September 06, 2013, 04:19:54 PM

Runole is seriously trying to make the case that playing in the SEC is too easy....that's what he's going with . LOL

Seek help , moron.

I guess this answers my question : Not as smart as youngone.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#92 : September 06, 2013, 04:23:10 PM

baloney... UF has one of the richest programs in all of CFB poor mouthing that they can't afford to is just a crock of BS..   UF is in no dire straits financially.  They could finance FSU and Miami both with their boosters and still would have more money coming into the program than USF.

Get serious!   Using such logic how did FSU manage to play them every year even when they were in the Big East?   FSU certainly makes less than UF.  and often plays less home games has a smaller stadium.  Pure HS...  Playing Tennessee, Kentucky, and Vandy every year is just too tough!  :o
could UF make less money by playing miami every year? sure.  but they'd be making less money to fund the athletic program.  would UF survive making less money?  sure, but they'd be making less money.

and wasnt Tennessee one of those programs who kept FSU from a national title not too long ago?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#93 : September 06, 2013, 04:32:12 PM

and wasnt Tennessee one of those programs who kept FSU from a national title not too long ago?

Boom ! Kicked their ass  , in fact.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#94 : September 06, 2013, 08:36:37 PM

Hey I readily admit the SEC has more good teams than any other conference. 

The point is UF doesn't play them every year.

Also, if you actually believe in terms of National exposure that the Miami game brings less to UF than UF playing a every year a non-televised ( essentially blacked out) game with someone like Toledo , Jacksonville state , or Charleston Southern we will choose to disagree. 

UF vs Miami will be the featured game at 12 noon on Saturday and it is being talked about constantly as one of the top games of the weekend but Florida loses money by playing them every year?   Yeh right! 

Sell that baloney if you like but any rational CFB fan laughs at such nonsense. 

Miami was Florida's third longest continuous rival when UF dropped them.   They even played Syracuse at Syracuse rather than Miami in 1991 funny thing Syracuse smoked them 38-21. UF's answer to that embarrassing loss?  Never play an out of conference regular season outside the state of Florida.   I believe they are the only SEC team that does this and just might be the only FBS team with such  scheduling cowardice.  Like dropping Miami UF  just wants to avoid a loss.    Pure cowardice defined.

Meanwhile teams like FSU and Miami have gone to Notre Dame, Michigan, Oklahoma ,Penn State, Ohio State, Nebraska Southern Cal etc etc while UF cowers in Benny Hill afraid to ever face such competition since the Syracuse game in 1991.   
: September 06, 2013, 08:38:34 PM Runole

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#95 : September 06, 2013, 09:04:00 PM

what are you arguing?  national exposure or filling the stands?  i dont see GameDay at coral gables.  national exposure brings in less revenue than sold out home games.  you certainly can disagree with it, but you are wrong with the financial aspect of it.

as for running from competition, you can throw that barb.  but year in year out UF SOS is top notch.  and lately they have owned your team, while maintaining their cowardice up north.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#96 : September 06, 2013, 09:12:46 PM

DJ, it looks like you are resorting to name-calling rather than addressing RUNOLE's pretty damn valid points.

Of course, I agree with his points as a Nole fan. But, you as a Gator fan needs to address each and every thing he is pointing out. Instead, you are calling him Nutty McNutterson.........as much as I loved 'Stripes', you should resort to less of the name-calling and more to arguing back.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#97 : September 06, 2013, 09:17:23 PM

what are you arguing?  national exposure or filling the stands?  i dont see GameDay at coral gables.  national exposure brings in less revenue than sold out home games.  you certainly can disagree with it, but you are wrong with the financial aspect of it.

as for running from competition, you can throw that barb.  but year in year out UF SOS is top notch.  and lately they have owned your team, while maintaining their cowardice up north.

Than why does FSU play every one and their sister on the road while UF refuses to schedule one damn OOC game out of state?

And, any non-SEC-jock-swinger does not necessarily agree that the conference is super-duper superior to every other BCS conference in the land. With that said, along with the media's slobbing of the SEC knob, SOS's will all always favor SEC teams.

This is completely different than when FSU was in a weak ass ACC in the 90s with easily one of the toughest schedules perennially. Scales have tilted completely in favor SEC teams in the media, coaches poll, BCS, etc. , etc.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#98 : September 06, 2013, 09:20:53 PM

this is simply not true, and its not even debatable.  UF doesnt play miami solely for financial reasons.

Bullshlt!!!! Straight up.

You sound like someone completely brainwashed by "YOU HIT MY QB TOO HARD" Spurrier.

I mention Spurrier as it is well documented that he wanted no part in putting UM back on the schedule after the hiatus started in the 80s.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#99 : September 06, 2013, 09:26:08 PM

this is simply not true, and its not even debatable.  UF doesnt play miami solely for financial reasons.

You sound like someone completely brainwashed by "YOU HIT MY QB TOO HARD" Spurrier.

I mention Spurrier as it is well documented that he wanted no part in putting UM back on the schedule after the hiatus started in the 80s.
Scared of the ass whoopings Miami would put on them.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#100 : September 06, 2013, 09:30:00 PM

Scared of the ass whoopings Miami would put on them.

Aside from FSU and Big East teams (contractually obligated to play UM), no one wanted shlt to do with UM in the 80s and early 90s.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#101 : September 06, 2013, 09:30:18 PM

thats like mentioning how bowden is well documented as not wanting any part of the SEC back in the day.

you call it bs, but i dont believe you can argue it financially.  why didnt UF beg to play miami when they were down and out a few years ago?  because it still didnt make sense financially.  i would love to play miami every year...but i can also understand the reasoning.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#102 : September 06, 2013, 09:33:07 PM

Than why does FSU play every one and their sister on the road while UF refuses to schedule one damn OOC game out of state?

And, any non-SEC-jock-swinger does not necessarily agree that the conference is super-duper superior to every other BCS conference in the land. With that said, along with the media's slobbing of the SEC knob, SOS's will all always favor SEC teams.

This is completely different than when FSU was in a weak ass ACC in the 90s with easily one of the toughest schedules perennially. Scales have tilted completely in favor SEC teams in the media, coaches poll, BCS, etc. , etc.
why does FSU do things differently than UF?  who knows.  i do know that the SEC has won 7 straight championships on the field.  and not only won them, dominated most.  is there a positive SEC bias? sure.  but it comes from winning.

and as I already mentioned, UF loses money when they schedule OOC home and aways.  its undeniable.

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#103 : September 06, 2013, 09:33:36 PM

GT, I would love to see some sort of proof that BB wanted nothing to do with the SEC. I only say that as its pretty well known that UF (FL's flagship school) wants no other FL schools in the SEC, especially FSU.

I am not saying you're wrong, but I do not recall BB ever backing down from anything.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#104 : September 06, 2013, 09:46:28 PM

i agree that i dont believe UF would have let FSU in...but im pretty sure there is a quote by bobby stating he thought his best chance at a NC was going to the ACC.

Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The stench in Gainesville at UF! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools