Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The stench in Gainesville at UF! « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#105 : September 06, 2013, 09:48:38 PM

im not sure if these quotes are true...i found them on an auburn message board with a quick google.

St. Pete Times, 9/17/90, page 10C.

"I think we made a wise decision and we have more flexibility. When your in the SEC you can't afford to play a good non-conference schedule. Playing in the ACC we can play a Notre Dame , Miami and Florida. There's six teams in the SEC that can win the conference championship, that’s a negative rather than a positive. I want to win national Championships". Bobby Bowden

L. A. Times, 9/20/90, section C9.

"Joining the ACC instead of the SEC was the smart play. No team wins a national Championship with an 8-3 record. We were willing to join the SEC as long as we didn't have to play Alabama and Auburn in the same year, but the SEC declined". Bobby Bowden

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#106 : September 06, 2013, 10:21:21 PM

im not sure if these quotes are true...i found them on an auburn message board with a quick google.

"I think we made a wise decision and we have more flexibility. When your in the SEC you can't afford to play a good non-conference schedule. Playing in the ACC we can play a Notre Dame , Miami and Florida. There's six teams in the SEC that can win the conference championship, that’s a negative rather than a positive. I want to win national Championships". Bobby Bowden

"Joining the ACC instead of the SEC was the smart play. No team wins a national Championship with an 8-3 record. We were willing to join the SEC as long as we didn't have to play Alabama and Auburn in the same year, but the SEC declined". Bobby Bowden

Bwahahahahahahahahahaa.

McNutterson mad.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#107 : September 07, 2013, 09:17:59 AM

Bowden has made lots of quotes most are valid but some are completely wrong...   WHAT IS THE RECORD FOR FLORIDA AGAINST IT DIVISION MATES SINCE 1990?  Everyone is entitled to state opinions but that one by Bowden simply is without fact.
I can remember one where Bobby said "it is impossible to go undefeated in the SEC"  Love you Bobby but that is absolutely  false as since 1990  though I may be off a couple of games there have been well over 20 times when SEC teams have gone undefeated in their division or the SEC.   

Funny that with the SEC so tough?  Florida is the only team that refuses to play outside the state of Florida for a regular season out of conference game...  Just like the dropping of Miami it again is COWARDICE defined.    I do believe Alligators have "Yellow Belly's"  Looks like UF indeed picked the appropriate mascot! LOL   

Runole

Hall of Famer
#108 : September 07, 2013, 09:19:55 AM

Than why does FSU play every one and their sister on the road while UF refuses to schedule one damn OOC game out of state?

And, any non-SEC-jock-swinger does not necessarily agree that the conference is super-duper superior to every other BCS conference in the land. With that said, along with the media's slobbing of the SEC knob, SOS's will all always favor SEC teams.

This is completely different than when FSU was in a weak ass ACC in the 90s with easily one of the toughest schedules perennially. Scales have tilted completely in favor SEC teams in the media, coaches poll, BCS, etc. , etc.
why does FSU do things differently than UF?  who knows.  i do know that the SEC has won 7 straight championships on the field.  and not only won them, dominated most.  is there a positive SEC bias? sure.  but it comes from winning.

and as I already mentioned, UF loses money when they schedule OOC home and aways.  its undeniable.

May I also add that UF is the only SEC team that refuses to play any ( out of conference) regular season game outside their home state.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#109 : September 07, 2013, 10:13:37 AM

But we play out of conference against FSU every year ....name the other SEC team that does that.

What the hell does it matter what state it is you are playing ? Is it any easier to play at Doak Cambell that it is out of state away game ?? Course not. Get the hell out of here with that lame attempt to frame the argument.

BTW :
Florida's next two games are Miami and Tennessee.

FSU's next two games are Nevada and Bethune-Cookman .

Yet the board Nutt claims Florida plays a schedule that's too easy , lol.

Seek help, Nutty.
: September 07, 2013, 11:08:22 AM Fire Mark Dummynik

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#110 : September 07, 2013, 11:03:20 AM

Heads up: This late breaking information on today's game.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#111 : September 07, 2013, 11:07:00 AM

Bwahahahaha !!

bucsquad

Pro Bowler

#112 : September 07, 2013, 03:31:23 PM

lolz

big win for miami though.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#113 : September 07, 2013, 03:48:17 PM

Gators really self-destructed with turnovers , but you got to hand it to Miami for taking advantage and playing disciplined mistake free football.

Good game though. Congrats Youngone.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#114 : September 07, 2013, 03:52:39 PM

That's right... I knew my boys had this win coming.

Good game but that Jeff Driskel.... Garbage can.

Trey Burton too.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#115 : September 07, 2013, 03:58:40 PM

Driskel is infuriating. Flashes of brilliance mixed in with loads of crap.

As if dealing with the same thing from Freeman on Sundays isnt enough.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#116 : September 07, 2013, 04:14:07 PM

Driskel is infuriating. Flashes of brilliance mixed in with loads of crap.

As if dealing with the same thing from Freeman on Sundays isnt enough.
Watching him play was just waiting for the guy to mess up.

That DT Easley is a beast tho

Kelly Thomas

Hall of Famer
#117 : September 07, 2013, 04:29:48 PM

lolz

big win for miami though.

Yep. They deserved the win.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#118 : September 07, 2013, 04:37:41 PM

But we play out of conference against FSU every year ....name the other SEC team that does that.

What the hell does it matter what state it is you are playing ? Is it any easier to play at Doak Cambell that it is out of state away game ?? Course not. Get the hell out of here with that lame attempt to frame the argument.

LOL  So now because you play FSU in the state of Florida that is all that matters?    Oh and I readily understand the reason the gators refuse to play any out of conference regular season game outside of the State of Florida due the disaster back in 1991 against Syracuse. I also understand perfectly why UF dropped their annual game against Miami.   Far too tough to have the courage to play Miami and FSU every year.  That is why Miami and FSU will always get more respect than UF because of their total cowardice.  FSU and Miami will play anyone anywhere.  UF is absolutely scared to death to play any out of conference outside the state of Florida

Again we saw today why UF has dropped Miami from their regular season schedule forever as it stands right now.   Sad to see that sell out crowd at both Miami and Gainesville when the gators play their third oldest continuous rivalry.  The Nation was watching the game and it remains the single greatest travesty for CFB in the state of Florida not playing the Canes every season.   Shame on the yellow bellied gators.

Congrats to the Canes for showing the world WHY the gators stopped playing Miami every year.

BTW :
Florida's next two games are Miami and Tennessee.

FSU's next two games are Nevada and Bethune-Cookman .

Yet the board Nutt claims Florida plays a schedule that's too easy , lol.

I guess you have me confused I readily admitted that the last couple of years UF has a tougher schedule and they play a tougher schedule more than likely this year as well.  That doesn't change the fact that since the BCS began in 1998 FSU has played a tougher schedule more times.

Hey I understand perfectly why UF schedules the way they do..  All about looking good to the polsters.  With normally 3 cup cakes and having Vandy ,USC, Georgia, Tennessee ,and Kentucky every season  who they have owned for the last couple of decades they guarantee that the majority of the time they will have 7 or 8 guaranteed wins almost every season.  When you are a COWARD you schedule that way! LOL

Seek help, Nutty.

From the looks of the result against Miami today It could be you should be giving that advice to Florida.  Looks like they miss those 41 arrested players!  LOL

Runole

Hall of Famer
#119 : September 07, 2013, 04:40:02 PM

How does the Poop sandwich taste Durango?   OH MY!  GO GADAS!  LOL  No need to talk about the past when everyone saw the gators take the gas pipe today.  You were saying?   :P
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The stench in Gainesville at UF! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools