Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ranking the NFL Starters: Quarterbacks « previous next »
Page: 1

kjbugman

Starter

: July 15, 2013, 09:08:35 PM

Doing player rankings for all the skill positions beginning with quarterbacks on Literally Sports: http://literallysports.blogspot.com/2013/07/ranking-nfl-starters-quarterbacks.html
Who do you guys think should be number one? I say Brady because he's been so great for so long in stats, wins, and postseason.

BIG MAC AND BIG SACK!

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#1 : July 15, 2013, 09:13:38 PM

Doing player rankings for all the skill positions beginning with quarterbacks on Literally Sports: http://literallysports.blogspot.com/2013/07/ranking-nfl-starters-quarterbacks.html
Who do you guys think should be number one? I say Brady because he's been so great for so long in stats, wins, and postseason.

Aaron Rogers is the best right now. Brady is past his prime. He's still good, but past his peak.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 15, 2013, 11:45:29 PM

Still dont get how newton ends up so high on these lists? His legs get him numbers but his arm cant win him games. Otherwise I think that list is fairly accurate give or take a couple spots for most guys.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

WC-Bucs fan

Starter

#3 : July 16, 2013, 02:30:08 AM

IMO, Tony Romo is extremely underrated on this list. People like to hate on him for the times he chokes in the 4th quarter, but he has the highest QB rating of all active QBs in the 4th quarter. I'd have Romo at 13, right above Schaub.

kjbugman

Starter

#4 : July 16, 2013, 08:03:56 AM

Newton is great though, we see the fflashes just not the consistency. Maybe Josh Freeman will finally move into the top half of the league this year :D

BIG MAC AND BIG SACK!

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#5 : July 16, 2013, 04:27:43 PM

Any list that has Newton in the top 15 based on potential is not a list I agree with.

Newton's potential is great, but his lack of maturity and not being a leader hurts his team for long stretches. Pouting on the sidelines with a towel over his head, when things don't go his way, I can't get behind a selfish pouty player. He should be working with his coordinator and teammates to fix the issues not moping. Once he matures, and puts it all together he will be worthy of that high ranking you gave him.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

gone

Hall of Famer
#6 : July 16, 2013, 06:29:14 PM

Any list that has Newton in the top 15 based on potential is not a list I agree with.

Newton's potential is great, but his lack of maturity and not being a leader hurts his team for long stretches. Pouting on the sidelines with a towel over his head, when things don't go his way, I can't get behind a selfish pouty player. He should be working with his coordinator and teammates to fix the issues not moping. Once he matures, and puts it all together he will be worthy of that high ranking you gave him.

The thing with Cam though, is that unlike Josh, many of the issues with him actually are ones you can hope improve with age.  I think last year Chudz also really got too enamored with his own "genius" and went to the gimmicks and option too much and left way too much on Cam.  This year is going to be a very interesting one to watch him.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#7 : July 16, 2013, 06:43:12 PM

I'd put Freeman at no.15.No way is Scam Newtown better than Freeman or Stafford IMO.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#8 : July 16, 2013, 06:43:46 PM

The thing with Cam though, is that unlike Josh, many of the issues with him actually are ones you can hope improve with age.  I think last year Chudz also really got too enamored with his own "genius" and went to the gimmicks and option too much and left way too much on Cam.  This year is going to be a very interesting one to watch him.

Especially now that he has Mike Shula as his Offensive coordinator, that will def be interesting.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ranking the NFL Starters: Quarterbacks « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools