Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Went To The Gun Show Saturday « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 17

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

: July 08, 2013, 10:26:33 AM

Enough talk, I went to see for myself. Truth is, in the most liberal state in the union towards firearms, and with the highest rate of ownership, I could not purchase a weapon without a criminal background check. There is no "gun show loophole," only lack of enforcement.

With the choices being to enforce the existing laws or pass more laws that won't be enforced, it's an easy decision.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#1 : July 08, 2013, 10:31:38 AM

"This is the truth because I say it is the truth" - Illuminator ("but hey . . . dont call me Illuminator because I dont want to get kicked out of this place . . . again")

???

and another gun thread is off and running . . .  a poll cant be far behind . .  .

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#2 : July 08, 2013, 10:36:55 AM

Thanks for the update, Mr. Mises.  Out of curiosity, when you swung by the 7-Eleven on the home from that gun show, did they also require background check when you purchased a case of beer?  I hear it's even tougher to get one of those nowadays.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#3 : July 08, 2013, 11:14:43 AM

Call me Illuminator all you want. Go whine to the mods like the little **CENSORED** you are.

In the meantime, maybe you could stick to the topic of the thread instead of trolling? Any licensed dealer is required by law to run a background check, even at a gun show. Those that don't are breaking the law. Passing more laws doesn't stop people who break the law, enforcement does. Passing more laws just makes it harder on the people that do follow the rules, while doing nothing to deter those that ignore them.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#4 : July 08, 2013, 01:01:51 PM

lol, you guys provide a bunch of entertainment. 

enjoy

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#5 : July 08, 2013, 01:05:04 PM

http://www.gunshowundercover.org/

lol

"You can also watch videos from the 2009 Gun Show Undercover Investigation where 19 of 30 private sellers - 63% - broke the law by completing a sale to a buyer who they thought could not pass a background check:"

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 08, 2013, 01:16:28 PM

"Broke the law" being the relevant phrase there. How do you stop people with no regard for the law from breaking it? Passing more laws places a burden on those that follow the law while doing nothing to deter those who break it. Your desire to punish is focused on the wrong people. Unless, that is, your real agenda is to discourage the law-abiding from exercising their constitutional rights.

Now post another article about how people are breaking the law, and then claim that more laws would stop them.

Cyrus

Hall of Famer

#7 : July 08, 2013, 01:23:47 PM

"Your desire to punish is focused on the wrong people. Unless, that is, your real agenda is to discourage the law-abiding from exercising their constitutional rights."

As if there's ever been any doubt about that.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#8 : July 08, 2013, 01:25:03 PM

desire to punish is focused on the wrong people. Unless, that is, your real agenda is to discourage the law-abiding from exercising their constitutional rights.

stupidity of assumptions ^^^^

spartan

Hall of Famer
#9 : July 08, 2013, 02:00:31 PM

lol

"You can also watch videos from the 2009 Gun Show Undercover Investigation where 19 of 30 private sellers - 63% - broke the law by completing a sale to a buyer who they thought could not pass a background check:"

So how will passing new background check laws change this since they just ignored the existing ones?

It also looks to me like those "private" sellers were at the very least pushing the envelope of the definition and probably could have been arrested for that alone. That gun show is nothing like I have been to in Florida with "private" sellers with that many same/similar weapons. Maybe it's different in Arizona but I cannot comment.

Not sure what the whole magazine thing was about either. He bought a magazine, so what? What law/rule/regulation did he break? Um, none.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#10 : July 08, 2013, 02:02:25 PM

lol

So how will passing new background check laws change this since they just ignored the existing ones?

It also looks to me like those "private" sellers were at the very least pushing the envelope of the definition and probably could have been arrested for that alone. That gun show is nothing like I have been to in Florida with "private" sellers with that many same/similar weapons. Maybe it's different in Arizona but I cannot comment.

Not sure what the whole magazine thing was about either. He bought a magazine, so what? What law/rule/regulation did he break? Um, none.

If I sell you a gun do I have to get a background check run before I sell it to you?

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#11 : July 08, 2013, 02:26:19 PM

Since you're trying to change the subject to private sales, can we assume that this is your way of admitting understanding that all sales by a licensed dealer require a background check, even at a gun show?

spartan

Hall of Famer
#12 : July 08, 2013, 02:34:10 PM

lol

If I sell you a gun do I have to get a background check run before I sell it to you?

Did you actually watch any of the videos before you posted the link?

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#13 : July 08, 2013, 02:44:33 PM

lol

Yes, I was just asking the question. The answer is no, right?

spartan

Hall of Famer
#14 : July 08, 2013, 04:00:05 PM

lol

Yes, I was just asking the question. The answer is no, right?

No, but as the 2nd video clearly states, if you  sell me a firearm knowing that I would fail a background check, you are still breaking the background check law. So, adding another law related to background checks isn't going to alter the fact that I am willing to break gun laws does it?
Page: 1 2 3 ... 17
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Went To The Gun Show Saturday « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools