Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Nicks re-structured contract should be the final nail in the coffin for Dom « previous next »
Page: 1 2

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 15, 2013, 12:23:58 PM

He would moved money around to sign Goldson, Revis, Mike Will, thought that they would be signing the good JF, will be signing McCoy soon, and still has plenty of cap room to rollover in to next year. Why is this a bad thing again?

We didn't the need the extra cap room. We're still sitting on $13.2M unused cap space. Nice try though.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 15, 2013, 12:25:42 PM

How would he be "off the books"?  We would still be paying him his salary.

His original contract was guaranteed base salaries in 2012 and 2013 and nothing guaranteed after that.

So you're assuming that we are going to cut Nicks??  I don't think anyone is ready to go there yet....the guy is still the best guard in football.

I'm assuming if his toe is still a problem at the end of the season he would have been cut, yes. But now it's really not an option because he's going to count so much against the cap on the team or off. Moves like this are exactly why bad teams stay bad.

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#17 : September 15, 2013, 04:08:49 PM

But the long-term nagging injury came out of nowhere. Just appeared overnight. Couldn't be Dom's fault.

Is that the Saints GM I hear snickering?
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Nicks re-structured contract should be the final nail in the coffin for Dom « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools