Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Which NFC South team is the Bucs most hated rival ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#30 : July 13, 2013, 05:22:18 PM

The first 10 years of the rivalry has been marked by aggressive play that lasts long after the whistle. During that time, the Buccaneers have accumulated 141 penalties for 1,208 yards. The Falcons have fared slightly better with 113 penalties for 966 yards. Of course, the majority of pushes, shoves and punches go unflagged.

2003 Sets Precedent

In 2003, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers set the tone for the years to follow. In the two games against Atlanta, Tampa Bay racked up 17 penalties including four face-masks, unnecessary roughness, roughing the kicker, and roughing the quarterback calls.

The Atlanta Falcons were not innocent victims. Atlanta Falcons LB Arte Ulmer was ejected during the second half of the two teams' second meeting for unnecessary roughness. This back and forth would continue no matter either teams' record.

Allen Rossum's Eyeball

In 2005, there was a controversial incident when visiting Tampa Bay swarmed Atlanta's kick returner Allen Rossum. Rossum emerged from the pile holding holding his eye. A melee ensued, and the Falcons were penalized.

Later in the game, Falcons' linebacker Demorio Williams exacted revenge by poking Tampa Bay RB Cadillac Williams in the eye.Two other Falcons would also be fined for offenses in that game.

Welcome To Hate Week

In 2008, Atlanta's rookie quarterback and rookie head coach got their first taste of the rivalry. Tampa Bay befuddled Matt Ryan and repeatedly knocked him around. Mike Smith got himself noticed when he had to explain to the referee that Tampa Bay committing two separate penalties did not mean that they were offsetting.

Smith's red-faced explanation was quite a spectacle from the then relatively unknown coach.

complete article:  http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1417342-atlanta-falcons-vs-tampa-bay-buccaneers-a-history-of-violence

Hate

Hall of Famer
#31 : July 13, 2013, 06:29:55 PM

It's hard to hate any NFCS team.

bullshlt..... that smug look is easy to HATE

I understand the HATE for ATL...but Mike Smith is smug? That's a new one. Seems like a "HATE"-fueled reach.... ;)

There is no reach there. Dude always has that "i know something you don't know" look on his face and i HATE it!!

Like what? How to have 5 straight winning seasons... ;)

C'mon now, we know careers are made in the post season. If that guy doesn't do something this year, he may soon be unemployed.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#32 : July 13, 2013, 08:38:19 PM

C'mon now, we know careers are made in the post season. If that guy doesn't do something this year, he may soon be unemployed.

Isn't that a Marty Schottenheimer quote?

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#33 : July 13, 2013, 09:21:42 PM

No, no no. The BEST team isn't the team you have a rivalry with. It's the one who gets your blood up every time you play them. The one where you're guaranteed at least a couple shoving matches and maybe a punch or two thrown.

By far in the NFC South, that team for the Bucs is the Panthers. The teams hate each other. Always have since they were put together in a division.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#34 : July 13, 2013, 09:25:23 PM

. Mike Smith got himself noticed when he had to explain to the referee that Tampa Bay committing two separate penalties did not mean that they were offsetting.

Smith's red-faced explanation was quite a spectacle from the then relatively unknown coach.

complete article:  http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1417342-atlanta-falcons-vs-tampa-bay-buccaneers-a-history-of-violence

LOL

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#35 : July 13, 2013, 09:26:58 PM

Isn't that a Marty Schottenheimer quote?

Wasn't Marty fired after a 14-2 season? Something tells me Smith will suffer a similar fate.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#36 : July 13, 2013, 09:38:23 PM

It would be good for us if they fired Smith. They would plunge right back into mediocrity.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#37 : July 13, 2013, 09:41:21 PM

It would be good for us if they fired Smith. They would plunge right back into mediocrity.

I think they are headed there, with or without Smith.  A lot of older players on that team. Signing Steven Jackson shows they are going for all the marbles NOW.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#38 : July 13, 2013, 09:42:53 PM

I think they are headed there, with or without Smith.  A lot of older players on that team. Signing Steven Jackson shows they are going for all the marbles NOW.

that's a myth. most of their starters are under 30.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#39 : July 13, 2013, 10:03:12 PM

Matty Ice - 28
Julio Jones - 24
Sam Baker - 28
Justin Blalock - 29
Peter Konz - 24
Garrett Reynolds - 26
Lamar Holmes - 24
Harry Douglas - 28
Corey Peters - 25
Kroy Biermann - 27
Akeem Dent - 25
Sean Witherspoon - 25
Thomas Decoud - 28
William Moore - 28
Desmond Trufant - 22

Contributors under 30: 'Quizz Rodgers - 23, Alford - 24

Over 30 starters:
Roddy White - 31
Gonzo - 37
Jonathan Babineaux - 31
Osi Umenyiora - 31
Stephen Nicholas - 30
Asante Samuel - 32
Steve Jackson - turns 30 in 9 days on 7/22

.....not exactly a team of ancients... 

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#40 : July 13, 2013, 10:08:15 PM

Well, only three more years of putting up with Gonzo...

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#41 : July 13, 2013, 10:20:19 PM

The Falcons don't concern me at all

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#42 : July 13, 2013, 10:49:14 PM

I wouldn't think that your favorite team with your favorite QB would concern you...

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Which NFC South team is the Bucs most hated rival ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools