Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can Doug Martin keep burning up the league? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#30 : July 13, 2013, 09:59:07 PM

Wilson rolls out quite a bit. And its there that his height means nothing.   If he was a statue, that stayed in the pocket 99% of the time,  then those huge lineman would be a problem.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#31 : July 13, 2013, 11:05:34 PM

Wilson rolls out quite a bit. And its there that his height means nothing.   If he was a statue, that stayed in the pocket 99% of the time,  then those huge lineman would be a problem.

The roll out every other play gimmick is going to be pretty hard to sustain on this level with a whole offseason for defenses to scheme.... we'll see. I wouldn't go putting him in the HOF just yet....

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#32 : July 13, 2013, 11:37:36 PM

au contraire mon frere:

Inside the pocket: 14 touchdowns against seven interceptions, a 95.2 passer rating and a 77.4 score (out of 100) in Total QBR, ESPN's metric for quarterbacks.

Outside the pocket: five touchdowns against one interception, a 95.1 passer rating and a 60.8 QBR.

"To say that he is dependent on getting outside the pocket for a lot of his gains would really be inaccurate," Sando said.

http://mynorthwest.com/422/2145710/Busting-another-myth-about-Russell-Wilson

-------------------------------------------------------

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#33 : July 14, 2013, 01:07:42 AM

au contraire mon frere:

Inside the pocket: 14 touchdowns against seven interceptions, a 95.2 passer rating and a 77.4 score (out of 100) in Total QBR, ESPN's metric for quarterbacks.

Outside the pocket: five touchdowns against one interception, a 95.1 passer rating and a 60.8 QBR.

"To say that he is dependent on getting outside the pocket for a lot of his gains would really be inaccurate," Sando said.

Compared to Freeman?  That is a lot of rolling out.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Hate

Hall of Famer
#34 : July 14, 2013, 01:19:58 AM

au contraire mon frere:

The comparison is Wilson in the pocket vs Wilson outside the pocket. What does this have to do with Free?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#35 : July 14, 2013, 01:43:54 AM

au contraire mon frere:

The comparison is Wilson in the pocket vs Wilson outside the pocket. What does this have to do with Free?

If he [Wilson] is rolling out 50% of the plays, that is a lot compared to Freeman.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Hate

Hall of Famer
#36 : July 14, 2013, 09:37:04 AM

If he was a statue, that stayed in the pocket 99% of the time,  then those huge lineman would be a problem.

The stats i posted were in response to that statement and to illustrate that it is false.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#37 : July 14, 2013, 09:59:52 AM

Regardless of the percentage ,  Smurf Boy is going to get taken down a peg this season . Put my name on it !

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#38 : July 14, 2013, 10:02:56 AM

Regardless of the percentage ,  Smurf Boy is going to get taken down a peg this season . Put my name on it !

Consider it done!!

;D

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#39 : July 14, 2013, 07:37:31 PM

If he was a statue, that stayed in the pocket 99% of the time,  then those huge lineman would be a problem.

The stats i posted were in response to that statement and to illustrate that it is false.

Well, I don't think we are talking the same thing.  Most likely my fault for not making it clear.

I never said he rolls out 99% of the time.  Nor did I say he stays in the pocket 99% of the time.

I said he rolls out...."quite a bit"   And I still believe that.   I brought up Freeman because he hardly ever rolls out.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#40 : July 14, 2013, 09:40:04 PM

Freeman is a puzzy who is afraid to get hit. Admitted it.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#41 : July 15, 2013, 01:09:22 PM

One thing I am curious to see this year, is how they use Doug on 3rd downs. Looking over the stats I was very shocked to see that last year Doug had only 18 carries and 3 receptions on 3rd downs. DJ Ware had 11 carries and 14 receptions, but still....we just didn't utilize our RB on 3rd downs last year. With our slot and TE positions being such question marks, we really need to figure out how to get Doug more involved on 3rd downs. I'd rather see him take a breather on 2nd down than 3rd. Taking a guy who is arguably your most dynamic offensive weapon off the field on the most important down just seems foolish to me.

In case anyone is curious, this is the 3rd down reception breakdown from last year....

Jackson - 21
Williams - 21
Clark - 14
Ware - 14
Underwood - 10
Lorig - 3
Martin - 2
Stocker - 1
: July 15, 2013, 01:15:05 PM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#42 : July 15, 2013, 05:04:34 PM

The whole thread is focusing on the wrong things....stats. Martin has a lot of talent and as he gains experience he will be better able to use that talent. It is going to be hard for Doug to better his stats from last year ever, in another 10 years he may never eclipse 2,000 yards. Regardless his impact will never be less, his impact on the games this year will be far greater than last year. He IS the guy you have to stop, not Freeman. He may have 1,100 yards rushing this year but not because he isn't as good, but because every team knows our offense runs through him. To date Freeman has not shown he can beat you, at least consistently throughout a year.

So Doug will not eclipse is stat total this year, maybe ever, but certainly not until we get a QB that can demand more attention than him.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can Doug Martin keep burning up the league? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools