Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cosell talks Freeman « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#15 : July 12, 2013, 12:21:55 PM

Glennon was unanimously considered the 7th best QB in the draft. 

Is this as credible as you claiming many guys seeing Freeman as an 'unquestionable great franchise QB' here?

You alter what I said in the quote...and then talk about credibility? Very ironic. Get bent.

So we ALMOST won a SB? We ALMOST have an 'unquestionable great franchise QB'? You were ALMOST not unnecessarily exaggerating by calling Glennon the 7th best QB, ALMOST adding anything to the discusion with?
Yeah, ALMOST ironic.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#16 : July 12, 2013, 12:23:48 PM

NFP - 7th
CBS - 6th
Draft Nasty - 4th
Draft Countdown - 5th
Walter's - 5th
Mayock - 4th
Kiper - 4th
NFL Draft Scout - 5th
ESPN - 5th

I guess the final rankings had him closer to 5th than 7th. Still, in what was considered the weakest QB class in quite a long time, the 5th best QB doesn't seem like good value in the 3rd round. Time will tell.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#17 : July 12, 2013, 12:24:32 PM

Wow Qaz.....you are almost as annoying as Java.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 12, 2013, 12:25:42 PM

I'm sure that all star OL of ours didn't have anything to do with Freeman's poor showing against the blitz last year, huh?

Our O-line allowed the 3rd fewest sacks and pressures last year. Look it up.

Paleeze. Freeman is great at avoiding sacks and pressure. You just seem to have a Freeman bias of some kind. Put the string bean in there and you are looking at 50 sacks.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#19 : July 12, 2013, 12:28:53 PM

NFP - 7th
CBS - 6th
Draft Nasty - 4th
Draft Countdown - 5th
Walter's - 5th
Mayock - 4th
Kiper - 4th
NFL Draft Scout - 5th
ESPN - 5th

I guess the final rankings had him closer to 5th than 7th. Still, in what was considered the weakest QB class in quite a long time, the 5th best QB doesn't seem like good value in the 3rd round. Time will tell.
Eh, this isn't really the place to argue whether Glennon was the 5th best or 7th best QB or whether or not he was good value. The point was comparing him to Matt Ryan, whom the entire NFL and draft community decided was either the #1 QB or at worst #2. Somehow everyone but Cosell looked at the two of them and saw very different players.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#20 : July 12, 2013, 12:29:33 PM

I'm sure that all star OL of ours didn't have anything to do with Freeman's poor showing against the blitz last year, huh?

Paleeze. Freeman is great at avoiding sacks and pressure. You just seem to have a Freeman bias of some kind. Put the string bean in there and you are looking at 50 sacks.

I'm biased? You just took the actually fact that we ranked 3rd in the entire NFL in sacks/pressures allowed and threw it out the window like it was hearsay.....but I'm biased? Lulz.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#21 : July 12, 2013, 12:30:51 PM

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Mike+Glennon+North+Carolina+State+v+Tennessee+rSiLsQT6icvl.jpg

Get used to seeing this after you run Freeman off.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#22 : July 12, 2013, 12:31:08 PM

Eh, this isn't really the place to argue whether Glennon was the 5th best or 7th best QB or whether or not he was good value. The point was comparing him to Matt Ryan, whom the entire NFL and draft community decided was either the #1 QB or at worst #2. Somehow everyone but Cosell looked at the two of them and saw very different players.
and yet no one knows the difference between the 2 players.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Pteranodon

Pro Bowler

#23 : July 12, 2013, 12:32:54 PM

Doubt he was the 5th QB on the Bucs board, with what this offense does and his skills he might be the highest rated QB, not sure if the Bucs told where they had him ranked or not.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#24 : July 12, 2013, 12:33:34 PM

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Mike+Glennon+North+Carolina+State+v+Tennessee+rSiLsQT6icvl.jpg

Who's running Freeman off?

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#25 : July 12, 2013, 12:34:49 PM

I'm biased? You just took the actually fact that we ranked 3rd in the entire NFL in sacks/pressures allowed and threw it out the window like it was hearsay.....but I'm biased? Lulz.

What are you talking about?

I acknowledge that stat. WHY does Freeman not take many sacks? You seem to think we had a great OL last year. We didn't. At the least you should acknowledge that Freeman has something to do with the fact that he doesn't get sacked much? ???

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#26 : July 12, 2013, 12:36:57 PM

Nobodys running Freeman off. If anybody is going to do that its himself. He wont have played well enough for the team to want to keep him around. If he decides he is worth more than the contract he is offered he will walk and most likely have to go and learn an entirely new system again. Sounds like fun but at least he would get paid.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#27 : July 12, 2013, 12:37:59 PM

Listening to GC say he likes Glennon makes me a very happy man.

If anything, it is solid depth, and an attempt to find a QB should Free not pan out.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#28 : July 12, 2013, 12:40:49 PM

Wow Qaz.....you are almost as annoying as Java.

lol, especially since Java liked to 'alter' quotes aswell. kudos

This ALMOST would make sense, if i actually altered its meaning, and not just ALMOST did. Or what is the difference betwenn 'almost unanimously considered the 7th best QB' and 'unanimously considered the 7th best QB', when almostly not calling Glennon the 7th best QB?

But then again, i still have not got an answer to where and who the guys are that consider Freeman as an 'unquestionable great franchise QB'. Some kind of proves to your claims would be nice. It can not be to hard, espcially if everything is as obvious as you claim it to be. In the end i could even learn some.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#29 : July 12, 2013, 12:41:42 PM

The universally acknowledged best offensive line in the NFL, San Francisco, gave up the 9th most sacks in the league, with 15 more sacks than the Bucs. Number of sacks is not really indicative of the quality of an offensive line.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cosell talks Freeman « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools