Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Williams extension talks falling apart? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

S.A.N.T.A.N.A.

Starter

#15 : July 12, 2013, 02:38:48 PM

If the Bucs let MWilliams walk I think they will regret it..... VJackson is great right now, but he will be 31 years old next year and looks to be slowing down already (2012 Saints game). In the event Williams has a baller season, I think we would be better off trading or even cutting Jackson and signing Williams to a hefty contract. Just my .02.
I don't think VJ is slowing down yet. I think in that Saints game he was nursing a hamstring?

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#16 : July 12, 2013, 02:39:58 PM

If the Bucs let MWilliams walk I think they will regret it..... VJackson is great right now, but he will be 31 years old next year and looks to be slowing down already (2012 Saints game). In the event Williams has a baller season, I think we would be better off trading or even cutting Jackson and signing Williams to a hefty contract. Just my .02.

Why would Williams have a "baller season"? ?

Better defense = less throwing

Im not sure if you're serious.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#17 : July 12, 2013, 02:41:35 PM

Why would Williams have a "baller" season?

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#18 : July 12, 2013, 02:41:51 PM

I don't think VJ is slowing down yet. I think in that Saints game he was nursing a hamstring?

He may have been, but I still think its worth thinking about. He's getting older and may not have too many pro bowls left in the tank.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#19 : July 12, 2013, 02:43:00 PM

Why would Williams have a "baller" season?

Ill go ahead and answer you're question with another.

Why would any player have a 'baller' season?

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#20 : July 12, 2013, 03:00:39 PM

That's it?

That's all you got? ? ??

I thought maybe you had a solid reason why you thought he'd have a baller season.....
: July 12, 2013, 03:03:17 PM TheChronicHotAir

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : July 12, 2013, 03:11:23 PM

Because the man scores TDs and is a baller.

Pay Da Man!

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#22 : July 12, 2013, 03:18:33 PM

That's it?

That's all you got? ? ??

I thought maybe you had a solid reason why you thought he'd have a baller season.....

Well, I'm not sure why you are trying to start such a useless argument with me, since my original post on this matter was THEORETICAL, but I will entertain you and rattle off a few obvious reasons anyway

2nd year in same system -- He's might actually know what routes to run this year
3rd year in NFL -- Worthy WRs usually hit their prime at this time
Great supporting cast -- VJax, Martin (who is now famous around the NFL), and increased depth at the #3WR position should take even more heat off of Williams this year
Contract year -- Extra motivation
Weak opponents -- Yes we play a some 'perennial' teams this season, but most of our opponents have suspect pass defenses
It's our time to 'BALL' -- But maybe I see the world through red & pewter glasses

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But enough about me. How about you give us all me some solid reasons why Williams won't have a stellar year .... you know something that holds a little more weight than, uhh, we're going to run more so less passing = less yards for #19, lol.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 12, 2013, 03:18:40 PM

Can't lose MW. He's essential

BucFanHudson32

Second String

#24 : July 12, 2013, 04:18:22 PM

------------------------------

Think about it, if we traded Vjax next offseason we would surely land a 1st or 2nd round pick. With that just draft a WR early in 2014 line him up as your #2. You get to pay him rookie salary and still get to keep a receiving threat opposite Williams. You now have a WR with an entire career ahead of him as opposed to an older slower guy who once was great, but may not be able to jump as high.

As crazy as that sounds to the average fan  I do believe in terms of what is best for the bucs would be to keep Mikey Will over VJ...

Those long lanky limbs are getting tired(not to say VJ doesn't rule) but it is what it is.
: July 12, 2013, 04:20:30 PM BucFanHudson32

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#25 : July 12, 2013, 04:23:34 PM

If we don't retain Mike Williams....I don't know...I just don't.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#26 : July 12, 2013, 04:32:57 PM

If we don't retain Mike Williams....I don't know...I just don't.
What if he's asking for 9 mil a year?  If he's asking 6.5 maybe 7 mil a year absolutely.  Ya can't just pay da man whatever he asks.  I hope he signs but if not I'll still be a Bucs fan.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#27 : July 12, 2013, 04:36:29 PM

I would go 9 mill for Mike Williams.. Only if I had too but I would. I wouldn't see 9 mill a year as overpaying somebody that puts points on the board at a high rate like he does.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#28 : July 12, 2013, 04:38:16 PM

I would go 9 mill for Mike Williams.. Only if I had too but I would. I wouldn't see 9 mill a year as overpaying somebody that puts points on the board at a high rate like he does.
I like MW too but I sure am glad you're not our GM.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#29 : July 12, 2013, 04:46:52 PM

I like MW too but I sure am glad you're not our GM.
Lol I'm all about results
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Williams extension talks falling apart? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools