Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Williams extension talks falling apart? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#30 : July 12, 2013, 04:54:31 PM

I would go 9 mill for Mike Williams.. Only if I had too but I would. I wouldn't see 9 mill a year as overpaying somebody that puts points on the board at a high rate like he does.
I like MW too but I sure am glad you're not our GM.
Lol I'm all about results

The MOST RECENT YEAR that MikeWilliams was our #1 WR.... 3 TDs.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#31 : July 12, 2013, 05:00:56 PM

I would go 9 mill for Mike Williams.. Only if I had too but I would. I wouldn't see 9 mill a year as overpaying somebody that puts points on the board at a high rate like he does.

Down year... How many TD catches did Larry Fitzgerald have last year?....... 4

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#32 : July 12, 2013, 05:10:47 PM

How many here think it might be dependant on freeman?

For example, signing freeman to the mega-deal, keeping MW, and maintaining the current group might be impossible (although dom can rework contracts as we've seen).

In otherwords, could this grow to the first Qtr/half of the season before either one gets re-signed? And IF it does happen that way, does that mean one, or the other?

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

ingey1968

Starter

#33 : July 12, 2013, 05:14:56 PM

No way in hell is MW worth 9 mill per year. having said that, they need him. With Martin emerging and Freeman being inconsistent last season i do believe teams will just stack the box and dare us to throw.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#34 : July 12, 2013, 06:26:12 PM

No way in hell is MW worth 9 mill per year. having said that, they need him. With Martin emerging and Freeman being inconsistent last season i do believe teams will just stack the box and dare us to throw.
I'm a little concerned MW and his agent don't agree with you and I.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#35 : July 13, 2013, 12:06:21 AM

This one is tough. On the one hand MW is absolutely essential to maintaining a good passing game. On the other hand he is not a no.1 WR. He has more value to us then he does on the FA market.

Having said all that, he needs to be paid. Pay him market value. The problem with not paying MW is to do with those players they have paid to stay. Joseph? Why did we overpay Joseph? Why did we pay Trueblood? Quincy Black? All of them were overpaid. And then they can't step up to the table and pay MW? Ridiculous. The Bucs have already had MW at a bargain price since day one. They have already saved millions over what they would have had to pay for a WR like him.

Then they let Bennett walk, which made no sense. At some point the FO needs to do a much better job of evaluating their own and signing the good players and play hardball with the Truebloods and Josephs of the world. Pay MW you cheap bastards.

Going in another direction, doesn't look like Schiano is doing very good with team chemistry by the looks of those tweets.  Ouch. Those hurt. Maybe this is MW's way of letting them know that he is not down with the fake family BS. Just because you say "we are family" doesn't make it true. You have to back it up with actions. They should have given MW this deal last year.

Looks like another free agent Buc who will up and leave.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#36 : July 13, 2013, 12:09:42 AM

If the Bucs let MWilliams walk I think they will regret it..... VJackson is great right now, but he will be 31 years old next year and looks to be slowing down already (2012 Saints game). In the event Williams has a baller season, I think we would be better off trading or even cutting Jackson and signing Williams to a hefty contract. Just my .02.
I don't think VJ is slowing down yet. I think in that Saints game he was nursing a hamstring?

He may have been, but I still think its worth thinking about. He's getting older and may not have too many pro bowls left in the tank.

Even if he was nursing a hamstring, most NFL players can't sprint that long without slowing down. It's rare that you would run more than 40 yards on a play.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#37 : July 13, 2013, 02:41:00 AM

Knowing Dominic, Mike is probably asking for $7.5M per year and Dom is saying no.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#38 : July 13, 2013, 09:46:39 AM

VJackson is great right now, but he will be 31 years old next year and looks to be slowing down already (2012 Saints game).

Looks to be slowing down? Where do people come up with this stuff?

http://www.nfl.com/injuries?week=7

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

youngone

Hall of Famer
#39 : July 13, 2013, 09:51:50 AM

Knowing Dominic, Mike is probably asking for $7.5M per year and Dom is saying no.

I think the number of socks is what's holding it up.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#40 : July 13, 2013, 10:47:27 AM

Down year... How many TD catches did Larry Fitzgerald have last year?....... 4

When did MW ever show any improvements to his game? He is still pretty much doing the same thing he was when we got drafted. Blount, Martin and Vjax made him 'shine' at what he does best. Some might even include Josh 'Jump ball Frown' Freeman to 'his' weapons.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#41 : July 13, 2013, 10:51:29 AM

I think the number of socks is what's holding it up.

Seriously though, Cruz just got his deal and it will dictate Mike's deal more than any other deal because they are similar and it is the most recent. That's just how the NFL works. So while Cruz and Williams 3 year totals are similar, Cruz absolutely blew up and got all his production in just two of those three years. You could try to argue that Cruz deserves more, which maybe Dominic is....but there is no way to argue that Mike deserves more....so I think $7.5M has to be the logical number. Mike's frustration would make it appear Dom is not going for it.

It's a process. GMs and agents are greasy, penny pinching weasels and they get paid to play this game. Mike is just an immature kid that isn't use to it and so he's lashing out through twitter. In the end it shouldn't matter. I just hope Mike doesn't end up getting his feelings hurt or feeling disrespected. Last time that sort of thing happened he left his team.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#42 : July 13, 2013, 10:58:44 AM

I like Mike and we've had him at a bargain rate for couple years. He could a poster boy for out-performing his rookie deal.  Accordingly he should get a big deal but how big?  He isnt a true #1 and if he wants to be paid like one then I can see why MD hasn't finalized this.  Mike is a high end #2 which warrants 6-7 mill per year IMO.  Now if Mike is balking at an offer like that  because of the Cruz deal then that is on him. 

I will add that MD should've gotten this deal done over a month ago.  We've heard that the team has been in talks with Mike for a while now but waiting to see other WRs sign around the league only drives up the price.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#43 : July 13, 2013, 11:01:05 AM

Maybe Dom doesn't want to give Mike the money during the offseason because he thinks he'll go out and get in trouble. Maybe he's stalling and waiting for camp/preseason to start so Mike will be too busy to get into trouble.

Just a thought.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#44 : July 13, 2013, 11:06:36 AM

For the same contract would you rather have Cruz or Williams?  I know that I'd take Cruz all day long.  So to say MW is worth the same contract as Cruz is subjective to say the least.  And to bring up the family stuff is ridiculous.  If you're part of a large family and it's dinner time do you eat more than your share and leave your siblings to go hungry?  If so I don't want you in my family.  It's a two way street.  If MW wants to be a Buc next year he will be.  Doms' job is on the line and he knows not to let stars walk if possible.  The deal will get done when the time is right for both sides IMO.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Williams extension talks falling apart? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools