Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Two favorite players from another team: « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

youngone

Hall of Famer
#45 : July 13, 2013, 10:09:35 AM

The one player that used to scared the hell out of me with the ball in his hands was Marshall Faulk. I didn't see a whole lot of Barry Sanders so I can't really comment on him but to me Marshall Faulk was scary all game.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#46 : July 13, 2013, 10:11:52 AM

Faulk was good but he was no Sanders.  And Barry seemed to always break off big run against the Bucs. 

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#47 : July 13, 2013, 10:19:12 AM

From the past -
Walter Payton
Peyton Manning

Currently
Adrian Peterson
Peyton Manning - yes - he was and is the best I have seen at leading an offense

: July 13, 2013, 12:23:51 PM dbucfan

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

bucfan33

Pro Bowler
#48 : July 13, 2013, 12:15:43 PM

PAST- Deacon Jones, Jack Lambert
            Barry Sanders, Marino

Present-  Aaron Rogers, Megatron, AP
                      Patrick Willis

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#49 : July 13, 2013, 12:29:10 PM

Barry would be on the list but he had some ridiculous runs against Tampa. Just sick...ening. He was a marvel to watch. And he had a horrible Oline (sans Ball), awful QBs, and usually horrible play calling (Wayne Fontes is what Raheem aspires to be).

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#50 : July 13, 2013, 02:27:13 PM

Current Players:

Offense:  Aaron Rodgers - this cat can do it all, and he takes accuracy to another level with his ball placement.
Defense:  Justin Smith - Smith never really gets the accolades for how good of a player he is.  What he did for Aldon Smith last season was special.

Retired Players:

Offense:  Dan Marino - He gets a lot of respect, but I don't think he gets enough.  This dude was an assassin.  The only thing he couldn't do was run, but he made for it with great pocket mobility.

Defense:  Reggie White - no need to say anything about The Minister of Defense.  He simply was the best.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#51 : July 13, 2013, 02:53:10 PM

Justin Smith - Smith never really gets the accolades for how good of a player he is.  What he did for Aldon Smith last season was special.

He was a All-Pro selection last year, and that had a lot to do with it.

The average fan who doesn't watch much more than "their team" won't give him credit or be notable in their minds, but nationally I think he at least gets some love. Especially if he is getting all pro votes as both a DT and DE.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#52 : July 13, 2013, 02:54:04 PM

As Buc fans was there any one you were more scared of than Barry Sanders with the ball in his hands?

Moss

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

youngone

Hall of Famer
#53 : July 13, 2013, 02:56:17 PM

As Buc fans was there any one you were more scared of than Barry Sanders with the ball in his hands?

Moss
True dat... Ball in the air to his side of the field always gave me a "oh lord here we go" feeling.

On the flip side the dangerous player I always loved to see with the ball in his hands against us was Michael Vick. Our defense used to be all over him like white on rice.
: July 13, 2013, 02:59:30 PM youngone

Hate

Hall of Famer
#54 : July 13, 2013, 02:58:31 PM

Moss
True dat... Ball in the air to his side of the field always gave me a "oh lord here we go" feeling.

it was more like 'oh shlt' for me!!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

youngone

Hall of Famer
#55 : July 13, 2013, 03:00:25 PM

Moss

it was more like 'oh shlt' for me!!!
Hahahaha that too.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#56 : July 13, 2013, 04:18:45 PM

If we include current players, I would say:

Jared Allen. When he gets going he is fun as hell to watch! 

Gronkowski. Just enjoy watching his antics on the field. A really beastly player when healthy.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#57 : July 13, 2013, 06:09:47 PM

1) Lawrence Taylor.  Having watched the man, I can say I have never seen anyone come close to doing what he did. 

If other players were allowed to sniff a huge line of coke during halftime like he did you might.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#58 : July 14, 2013, 02:27:13 AM

Favre, Barry Sanders, and Chris Carter always had huge stats against the Bucs.  I wouldn't call them my "favorite" players, but I respect their success.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

tripblood

Hall of Famer

#59 : July 14, 2013, 04:03:10 AM

ALL TIME:

Ricky Watters

Night Train

CURRENT:

Terrell Suggs

Reggie Wayne

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Two favorite players from another team: « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools