Boards > The Red Board

BUCS AND WILLIAMS CONTRACT TALKS HIT A SNAG?

(1/2) > >>

PewterReportMC:
The Buccaneers and Mike Williams have discussed a new contract for the former 2009 fourth-round pick, but talks may have hit a snag if you read between the lines in a recent tweet by Williams.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=8969:&Itemid=15

TBayXXXVII:
This tells me that either Dominik is seriously low-balling Williams or Williams is asking for Vincent Jackson-type money.  There's no logical way that either side could propose anything other than something similar to Stevie Johnson or Victor Cruz.

BucBalla85:
Perhaps its just Williams trying to get this thing going. Not a bad tactic. However I will say that the Bucs dont want to let him get to FA. They dont have a replacement. I think Williams would like to stay here too but if he goes to FA he will likely get top dollars because some team will pay him huge money but theres going to a whole new city, learn an entire new offense and the pressure that comes with a big contract. Tough situation for both sides. 

TheChronicHotAir:
LOL at "Pay Da' Man!!!!"

Comparing MikeWill to Victor Cruz is laughable. Those "3 year vs. 3 year stats" that were posted last week were A JOKE.

That being said, I think the Bucs should have gone after a GOOD slot WR for $5-6 million-- then they would have been STACKED at WR for 2013.

youngone:
I hate twitter.. Sometimes it's better to not know what's going on.

TBayXXXVII:

--- Quote from: BucBalla85 on July 12, 2013, 01:34:16 PM ---Perhaps its just Williams trying to get this thing going. Not a bad tactic. However I will say that the Bucs dont want to let him get to FA. They dont have a replacement. I think Williams would like to stay here too but if he goes to FA he will likely get top dollars because some team will pay him huge money but theres going to a whole new city, learn an entire new offense and the pressure that comes with a big contract. Tough situation for both sides.

--- End quote ---

Possible.  I was under the impression that the talks were already going on.  That's why I my post above about the two being really far apart, as to why the contract hasn't been signed yet.

BucBalla85:

--- Quote from: TBayXXXVII on July 12, 2013, 01:38:32 PM ---
--- Quote from: BucBalla85 on July 12, 2013, 01:34:16 PM ---Perhaps its just Williams trying to get this thing going. Not a bad tactic. However I will say that the Bucs dont want to let him get to FA. They dont have a replacement. I think Williams would like to stay here too but if he goes to FA he will likely get top dollars because some team will pay him huge money but theres going to a whole new city, learn an entire new offense and the pressure that comes with a big contract. Tough situation for both sides.

--- End quote ---

Possible.  I was under the impression that the talks were already going on.  That's why I my post above about the two being really far apart, as to why the contract hasn't been signed yet.

--- End quote ---

I was too. Thats why I think maybe it stopped and then he wants to get something done and wrote that on his twitter. Also may be frustrated that Cruz got his deal and he still doesnt have his.

CalcuttaRain:
I certainly get that he has outplayed his 4th round contract, but HE is the reason he only got a 4th round contract. Hope they work it out

NotDeadYet:
    Mike Williams is a good player, but NOT in Jackson's league. Doubt if Dom is low-balling; just being conservative, as there's really no big hurry, despite Williams' venting...

chace1986:
I certainly feel that the Bucs need to extend him asap...

...but at the same time, it might be best that MW19 STFU when it comes to his social media outlets.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version