Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cellar-Dwellers: The 7 Worst Teams In The NFL « previous next »
Page: 1 2

germcanbuc

Pro Bowler
#15 : July 09, 2013, 12:54:07 AM

Quote from: Michael Grabowski
July 06, 2013 7:30 am

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
The Bucs started rough last season, but Josh Freeman stepped it up in the second half. With the addition of Revis and Dashon Goldson on defense, they should do quite well.

Source: http://www.footballnation.com/content/cellar-dwellers-the-7-worst-teams-the-nfl/23352/

Quote from: Netwalker
Freeman 'stepped it up in the second half'?  Such an observation says everything about this analysis.

I read that as well, made it considerably easier for me to write them off.

Pretty much what I was thinking. Dude clearly has no idea.

Check out www.reverbnation.com/nickfreddy and follow me on twitter @nick_freddy

seanbassak

Starter

#16 : July 11, 2013, 12:54:00 PM

I live in Nashville so it isn't easy for me to admit, but I think the Titans can take a step forward if either Locker picks up his game a bit (unlikely) or Fitzpatrick plays well. There's some talent on this team, their D isn't half bad and their line should be improved which makes Chris Johnson look better.
Also AZ should be improved because Carson Palmer should be able to at least get the ball within a few yards of Fitz which is better than we can say about their QBs for the past couple years. Palmer may be a turnover machine from time to time but he's an upgrade. That and I think Michael Floyd can be a solid WR, and if so then AZ should be a better team. I wouldn't be blown away to see them go 7-9 or 8-8 with that D.

\\\\\\\"Not living, just killing time\\\\\\\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#17 : July 11, 2013, 10:44:20 PM

I live in Nashville so it isn't easy for me to admit, but I think the Titans can take a step forward if either Locker picks up his game a bit (unlikely) or Fitzpatrick plays well. There's some talent on this team, their D isn't half bad and their line should be improved which makes Chris Johnson look better.
Also AZ should be improved because Carson Palmer should be able to at least get the ball within a few yards of Fitz which is better than we can say about their QBs for the past couple years. Palmer may be a turnover machine from time to time but he's an upgrade. That and I think Michael Floyd can be a solid WR, and if so then AZ should be a better team. I wouldn't be blown away to see them go 7-9 or 8-8 with that D.

Agree on Arizona.  I think Palmer has a pretty good season.  He is taking this opportunity seriously.  Palmer has a wife and 3 kids, and he is building a house.  Yet, he found time to workout with Larry Fitz this offseason.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#18 : July 12, 2013, 09:17:20 AM

Palmer has a wife and 3 kids, and he is building a house.  Yet, he found time to workout with Larry Fitz this offseason.
isnt that reason enough to get away for some time with the boys?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#19 : July 12, 2013, 09:32:27 PM

Palmer has a wife and 3 kids, and he is building a house.  Yet, he found time to workout with Larry Fitz this offseason.
isnt that reason enough to get away for some time with the boys?

Well with training camps fast approaching, I think Palmer and a lot of other vets, are getting all the family time they can right now.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cellar-Dwellers: The 7 Worst Teams In The NFL « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools