Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rassmussen: More Americans View Blacks As Racist Than Whites, Hispanics « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
: July 12, 2013, 02:16:17 PM

Americans consider blacks more likely to be racist than whites and Hispanics in this country.

Thirty-seven percent (37%) of American Adults think most black Americans are racist, according to a new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey. Just 15% consider most white Americans racist, while 18% say the same of most Hispanic Americans. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

There is a huge ideological difference on this topic. Among conservative Americans, 49% consider most blacks racist, and only 12% see most whites that way. Among liberal voters, 27% see most white Americans as racist, and 21% say the same about black Americans.

From a partisan perspective, 49% of Republicans see most black Americans as racist, along with 36% of unaffiliated adults and 29% of Democrats.

Among black Americans, 31% think most blacks are racist, while 24% consider most whites racist and 15% view most Hispanics that way.

Among white adults, 10% think most white Americans are racist; 38% believe most blacks are racist, and 17% say most Hispanics are racist.

Overall, just 30% of all Americans now rate race relations in the United States as good or excellent. Fourteen percent (14%) describe them as poor. Twenty-nine percent (29%) think race relations are getting better, while 32% believe they are getting worse. Thirty-five percent (35%) feel they are staying about the same.

These figures reflect more pessimism than was found in April when 42% gave race relations positive marks and 39% said race relations were improving.  However, the April number reflected all-time highs while the current numbers are more consistent with the general attitudes of recent years.

The survey of 1,000 Adults was conducted on July 1-2, 2013 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. Field work for all Rasmussen Reports surveys is conducted by Pulse Opinion Research, LLC. See methodology.

The U.S. Supreme Court recently killed a key portion of the Voting Rights Act as unconstitutional and sent a lawsuit challenging the University of Texas use of race as a factor in admissions back to the appellate court level for further review. Most Americans believe affirmative action admissions policies discriminate against whites, as the lawsuit argues, and think its better for colleges and universities to accept the most qualified students.

This is consistent with public resistance to all special preferences. Only 30% think its fair for colleges and universities to give preferences to children of large donors.  Just 38% think it is fair for the children of previous students to have a special advantage in the admissions process.

Following those decisions and a big ruling on same-sex marriage, public approval of the U.S. Supreme Court has fallen to the lowest level ever recorded in more than nine years of polling.

Blacks are slightly more optimistic about the current state of race relations in American than whites and Hispanics are. But 37% of blacks and 38% of Hispanics believe those relations are getting worse, compared to 29% of whites.

Liberals are more confident than conservatives that race relations are getting better.

Forty-five percent (45%) of voters believe the U.S. justice system is fair to most Americans, but just 34% think it is fair to poor Americans. Forty-five percent (45%) consider the justice system fair to black and Hispanic Americans.

Most voters continue to believe the U.S. economy is fair to women, blacks and Hispanics but are now evenly divided when asked if its fair to lower-income Americans. However, they still think all four groups are treated better than the middle class.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/lifestyle/general_lifestyle/july_2013/more_americans_view_blacks_as_racist_than_whites_hispanics

DejaVu

Starter

#1 : July 18, 2013, 06:59:00 AM

When even blacks think that blacks are the most racist, that pretty much solidifies the point.   I don't think there is any doubt that blacks are more racist than any other race.

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#2 : July 18, 2013, 09:37:04 AM

thought it was a noteworthy poll to post especially in light of the Zimmerman trial where all the snoop doggs are claiming he received preferential treatment by the racist judicial system.

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
#3 : July 18, 2013, 10:00:57 AM

But, they are allowed to be racist (sarcasm).

DejaVu

Starter

#4 : July 18, 2013, 10:30:08 AM

But, they are allowed to be racist (sarcasm).

I don't see any sarcasm in that post. 

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
#5 : July 18, 2013, 10:44:11 AM

thought it was a noteworthy poll to post especially in light of the Zimmerman trial where all the snoop doggs are claiming he received preferential treatment by the racist judicial system.

I ride the HART bus to school when my fiance needs the car for work, so I sometimes have to take a route than goes through Sulfer Springs. The people on that particular bus once were talking about the Trayvon Austin murder saying that is was such 'racist' bull**CENSORED** and, "If Zimmerman was black, he wouldn't even have gotten a trial." Funny thing though, because I remember a certain gentleman by the name of Dontae Morris, who killed two of Tampa's finest 3-years ago (& who got convicted to a life sentence for a separate murder in March), that is still getting a fair trail in November in Orlando.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#6 : July 18, 2013, 11:12:31 AM

That guy Morris is the lowest form of human - so his his girlfriend who protected him from being caught - she got off with a very light sentence.

Sure hope Morris gets a quick trip to the chair at Starke.

DejaVu

Starter

#7 : July 18, 2013, 11:36:42 AM

"If Zimmerman was black, he wouldn't even have gotten a trial."

True.   Because he would have not even been taken to trial and set free immediately.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#8 : July 20, 2013, 12:00:12 AM

http://today.duke.edu/2012/04/jurystudy

Juries formed from all-white jury pools in Florida convicted black defendants 16 percent more often than white defendants, a gap that was nearly eliminated when at least one member of the jury pool was black, according to a Duke University-led study. 

The researchers examined more than 700 non-capital felony criminal cases in Sarasota and Lake counties from 2000-2010 and looked at the effects of the age, race and gender of jury pools on conviction rates.

Among the key findings:

-- In cases with no blacks in the jury pool, blacks were convicted 81 percent of the time, and whites were convicted 66 percent of the time. The estimated difference in conviction rates rises to 16 percent when the authors controlled for the age and gender of the jury and the year and county in which the trial took place.

-- When the jury pool included at least one black person, the conviction rates were nearly identical: 71 percent for black defendants, 73 percent for whites.

-- About 40 percent of the jury pools they examined had no black members and most of the others had one or two black members.

-- When blacks were in the jury pool, they were slightly more likely to be seated on a jury than whites. The eligible jury population in these counties was less than 5 percent black.

gone

Hall of Famer
#9 : July 20, 2013, 02:21:24 AM

http://today.duke.edu/2012/04/jurystudy

Juries formed from all-white jury pools in Florida convicted black defendants 16 percent more often than white defendants, a gap that was nearly eliminated when at least one member of the jury pool was black, according to a Duke University-led study. 

The researchers examined more than 700 non-capital felony criminal cases in Sarasota and Lake counties from 2000-2010 and looked at the effects of the age, race and gender of jury pools on conviction rates.

Among the key findings:

-- In cases with no blacks in the jury pool, blacks were convicted 81 percent of the time, and whites were convicted 66 percent of the time. The estimated difference in conviction rates rises to 16 percent when the authors controlled for the age and gender of the jury and the year and county in which the trial took place.

-- When the jury pool included at least one black person, the conviction rates were nearly identical: 71 percent for black defendants, 73 percent for whites.

-- About 40 percent of the jury pools they examined had no black members and most of the others had one or two black members.

-- When blacks were in the jury pool, they were slightly more likely to be seated on a jury than whites. The eligible jury population in these counties was less than 5 percent black.

I'm guessing you are trying to imply, with this article in this particular post, that there is a racist impact in trial outcomes?

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#10 : July 20, 2013, 07:31:27 AM

It's not often you find statistical data "estimated."

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#11 : July 20, 2013, 08:06:06 AM

Meanwhile in the suburbs of Tampa...........hope he gets a jury of his peers.

Suspect identified in Tampa Family Dollar murder

TAMPA, FL -

Tampa police have identified a suspect in connection with the shooting death of a Family Dollar store manager.

Wednesday afternoon, Tampa police said they were looking for Demetrius Parks, 23. A reward of $16-thousand dollars has been offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of Parks.

7/15/2013 Related Story: Tampa police find car connected to Family Dollar murder

On Sunday, officials say the suspect walked into the North 40th Street Family Dollar Store and demanded money from an employee behind the counter.

49-year-old Horsley Shorter, Jr, a manager, came out from his office and ran over to help. Police said the suspect shot the manager before leaving the scene in the manager's car.

Police found the stolen car, belonging to the manager, a short time later.

The 26-year Army veteran died from his injuries.

Parks have been arrested 4 times since March 2012, following his release from Florida State Prison on weapons charges. Police said he has faced dozens of felony and misdemeanor charges. "He is a career criminal who is a threat to our community," according to Tampa police.

http://www.wfla.com/story/22866919/suspect-identified-in-family-dollar-murder

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#12 : July 20, 2013, 09:40:23 AM

This is not even a debate . Blacks are racist as hell and don't even try to hide it , lol.

This over-reaction to the Zimmerman thing was all based in Racism .If a black guy shot Trayvon we'd never have even heard it happened.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#13 : July 20, 2013, 09:40:55 AM

The Cove isn't the Cove without some racism

shawn731

Starter

#14 : July 20, 2013, 09:44:41 AM

I wonder what the  motivation was for  the  survey?  Most people do not  know  the  difference between  racism and prejudice.  Bigotry, racism, prejudice, and etc is going no where.  Yet i strive to treat each person how i want to be treated.  Its not easy but i try my best. 

Also, there are criminals of all races.   The few pictured above can be followed with one from each race.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Rassmussen: More Americans View Blacks As Racist Than Whites, Hispanics « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools