Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your game plan for week 1 at NYJ « previous next »
Page: 1 2

WC-Bucs fan

Starter

: July 12, 2013, 07:27:42 PM

There is already a thread for the Jets fans game plan against us, so I thought I'd make one for the Bucs.

Offense- The Jets were 2nd in the league against the pass, and 26th against the run. To win this game, Doug Martin is going to need 100 yards rushing at least. I'd plan on a 55/45 Run:Pass ratio.
For passing, Antonio Cromartie will most likely shadow Vincent Jackson, with safety help. Maybe twice I'd try a deep bomb to V Jax, when we are between the 40's. Mike Williams, Ogletree, and Stocker have to step up to help out Freeman. I'd mainly target CB Kyle Wilson, and the Jets LBs with intermediate throws.

Defense. Barron in the box all day. We already have the #1 rush D (assuming our rush D stays as productive), I'd have Barron in the box to assist against the run, and shadow Kellen Winslow, that should be an easy matchup. Goldson stays at deep middle, and assists our #2 and #3 CB on obvious passing plays. Revis shadows Stephen Hill all game, and a combination of Wright/Banks focus on a hobbled Santonio Holmes. I'd assume throughout the game, we never need more than 1 LB to drop into coverage, so our rush D should shut down Chris Ivory.

The only way I could see us losing this game is Freeman throwing a pick 6, or the Jets returning a TD on Special Teams. My prediction : Bucs 20, Jets 13.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#1 : July 12, 2013, 08:56:57 PM

So you're assuming Winslow makes the team?

youngone

Hall of Famer
#2 : July 12, 2013, 09:03:15 PM

Well he said his plan is to catch 100 balls this year. He sounds confident but I don't know if he knows that you don't actually get credit for the catch if they throw an offensive pass interference flag.

bucs449

Hall of Famer

#3 : July 12, 2013, 09:04:56 PM

Honestly, it's play your game and don't **CENSORED** up. Offensively, run the ball and stretch the field vertically in the passing game. Defensively, play tight man and send the pressure versus either of the **CENSORED**ty QBs they have and get the hell out of MetLife 1-0.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#4 : July 12, 2013, 09:11:18 PM

Well he said his plan is to catch 100 balls this year. He sounds confident but I don't know if he knows that you don't actually get credit for the catch if they throw an offensive pass interference flag.
One of the biggest waste of talents to ever play in the NFL.  If the guy would've had his head on straight he could've had a HOF career IMO.

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#5 : July 12, 2013, 09:53:06 PM

One of the biggest waste of talents to ever play in the NFL.  If the guy would've had his head on straight he could've had a HOF career IMO.

In Kellen's mind, he's always OPEN.....can't wait to see him "encourage" Jet QB's to throw his direction.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#6 : July 12, 2013, 10:26:11 PM

Your game plan for week 1 at NYJ

Go!!

My prediction : Bucs 20, Jets 13.

If we f*ck around with that crap team, i'm gonna be pissed. I expect something along the lines of 34-3.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

youngone

Hall of Famer
#7 : July 12, 2013, 11:15:37 PM

True.. If wasn't an idiot he would have been unstoppable.

WC-Bucs fan

Starter

#8 : July 12, 2013, 11:32:48 PM

Well, I tried to start a somewhat interesting thread to kill the time until training camp. Oh well.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#9 : July 12, 2013, 11:33:36 PM

K2 was tremendously over-rated. Jimmy Graham/Gronk he was not!!

youngone

Hall of Famer
#10 : July 12, 2013, 11:42:46 PM

Before the motorcycle accident... He was definitely not overrated.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#11 : July 12, 2013, 11:49:12 PM

Before the motorcycle accident... He was definitely not overrated.

most tds in a season, 5. Dennis m'fn Pitta had 7 last year. K2 is a product of his last name!!

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#12 : July 13, 2013, 01:55:53 AM

In order to win this game the only thing we need to do is: show up.

The Jets are a dumpster fire. We will dominate them.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#13 : July 13, 2013, 02:57:19 AM

On offense I'd use the run heavily while gaining big chunks of yards with VJ. Predominately running right and center, allowing coverage to sway towards that side to cover VJ and Doug. It would allow for a MW circus catch a time or two on a freeman roll out.

On defense, I would go into it with the mindset that there has to be constant pressure. Whether its Buttfumble or crybaby kid, pressure would hurt either one's game. I would also bring extra plenty, and allow revis, banks, and Goldson to do their thing.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

WC-Bucs fan

Starter

#14 : July 13, 2013, 04:07:23 AM

On offense I'd use the run heavily while gaining big chunks of yards with VJ. Predominately running right and center, allowing coverage to sway towards that side to cover VJ and Doug. It would allow for a MW circus catch a time or two on a freeman roll out.

On defense, I would go into it with the mindset that there has to be constant pressure. Whether its Buttfumble or crybaby kid, pressure would hurt either one's game. I would also bring extra plenty, and allow revis, banks, and Goldson to do their thing.

Thank you for the feedback. I didn't predict this thread would turn into a K2 bash thread. Just wanted to see what the Bucs fans would set up for the game plan if they were ever blessed enough to be a HC in the NFL.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your game plan for week 1 at NYJ « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools