Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Trade Deadline is Oct. 29, 2013....3 Bucs the Team Could Consider Trading « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#30 : July 13, 2013, 09:21:30 PM

Well, that would 8 games in.  And the Bucs would have a pretty good idea about his future by then.

There are always teams out there that think they can rehabilitate players. Teams with good QB coaches, like Trestman or Norv.or Tom Clements.

And we do not already have some kind of clue what Freeman brings to the table after having seen him for 4 years? You really think we gain anything from those 8 games, other than covering us against Freeman really sucking, which lowers his trade value even more? If Freeman does not suck, we either are as smart as before(hes good but not great) or Freeman became a great QB by miracle then, aka no trade.

When we are willing to trade him in week 8, every teams should know he will be a FA in a weeks later anyway. I do not see what other teams gain from such a move, as if they do not know about Bridgewater and Johnny Football in 2014, rather trading for them instead, if they do not fall into their laps anyway. Their season should be a mess by then anyway. As if they can not still get Freeman as a FA then. As if they get him any cheaper with this trade, contractwise. Do you really think they give him the rest of the season to prove himself here, ever thinking about letting him walk after 2014 again? He only provides value to other teams with the start of the 2014 offseason, in which he should be out of TB then anyway. A good QB coach then also should think he can convince him to join his team, as if Freeman then would not have to questions about him returning to TB anyway....'apparently TB's staff can not make me a great/good QB, nor do they believe in me'.
I dont think any team would be scared by missing out on Freeman and 'having' to settle for a 1st rounder in 2014 and it so called strong QB class, to give us much for him by week 8. The weak QB class of 2013 might have though.

How this allows/guarantees us to get Bridgewater or Johnny Football in 2014, i dont know.

Hell,  the Patriots were shopping frekin Mallett during the draft for a 1st rounder.  Freeman could easily bring a first IMO.  If he is playin bad, Schiano and Dom may want to ship him out and get something for him.

So my thinking is they trade him to a struggling team that needs a QB. Get there 1st rounder. And if Freeman bombs enough for the Bucs to even think about tradng him, I would assume the Bucs record will be pretty bad 8 games in.

So they go with Glennon the rest of the way, and probably end up with a top 5 pick in the draft.  Then you have the other 1st rounder from the Freeman trade, could be a top 10 pick. They could trade both for the top pick in the draft and select Bridgewater or Manziel.   Or plan B could be, if Glennon looks good, use the top pick for Clowney.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#31 : July 13, 2013, 09:27:19 PM

What Freeman should do right now is have his agent say that they aren't going to negotiate a new contract during the year because they don't want Josh to have any distractions. This helps Freeman in two ways, first if another QB re-signs during the season it will raise his value. And number two he needs to test the free agent market because he will have great value. The coach isn't all in. Why not test the market and make this year about proving to everyone that he can do it?

He could end up with teams in a bidding war for his services after even another mediocre 4, 000 yard 27 TD 17 INT season he is going to get paid in full.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#32 : July 13, 2013, 09:31:37 PM

What Freeman should do right now is have his agent say that they aren't going to negotiate a new contract during the year because they don't want Josh to have any distractions. This helps Freeman in two ways, first if another QB re-signs during the season it will raise his value. And number two he needs to test the free agent market because he will have great value. The coach isn't all in. Why not test the market and make this year about proving to everyone that he can do it?

He could end up with teams in a bidding war for his services after even another mediocre 4, 000 yard 27 TD 17 INT season he is going to get paid in full.

IIRC, his agent said something to that effect, a couple months ago I think it was.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#33 : July 13, 2013, 09:44:36 PM

If they are 0-9 that would mean that they traded Freeman before the first game.

+1

..but that is one hell of a rookie slide. Glennon would accidently win one or two.

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#34 : July 13, 2013, 10:11:38 PM

Hell,  the Patriots were shopping frekin Mallett during the draft for a 1st rounder.  Freeman could easily bring a first IMO.  If he is playin bad, Schiano and Dom may want to ship him out and get something for him.

So my thinking is they trade him to a struggling team that needs a QB. Get there 1st rounder. And if Freeman bombs enough for the Bucs to even think about tradng him, I would assume the Bucs record will be pretty bad 8 games in.

So they go with Glennon the rest of the way, and probably end up with a top 5 pick in the draft.  Then you have the other 1st rounder from the Freeman trade, could be a top 10 pick. They could trade both for the top pick in the draft and select Bridgewater or Manziel.   Or plan B could be, if Glennon looks good, use the top pick for Clowney.

Mallett got trade BEFORE week 1, at that point the 'struggling'  still think they have something to play for the upcoming season. Mallett did not ask for big time money a few weeks later. In his case there is even a chance on missing out on him, while Freeman most likely will be FA after 2013.

A struggeling team in week 8 does not have to save its season anymore, nor is it even possible (with Freeman). They think already about 2014, and guess what TB wont franchise tag him, making him FA. If Freeman bombs, he is even less interesting to other teams, aka less trade value. Even if there is one single guy thinking he could turn him around, why should he really give up more than other teams (not really interested in him)? Reasonable to think teams interested in him  rather overpay him a bit, competing with the few still believing in him this way, than giving up a high pick for. I do not see a team being scared by missing out on Freeman at all, to mabye make them offer any high draft picks. Especially since they know about still having a shot at a 1st round QB out of 2014s so called strong class in case they do miss out on him.

Sorry but i do not see us getting much for him at all,allowing us to trade up from a maybe top5 pick,. Even then teams in front of us might not be willing to deal with us, giving us any shot at Bridgewater etc. And other teams, having missed out on Freeman, might just beat us out.
Freeman was maybe worth a 2014 1st rounder this offseason, because of the weak QB class this year. His 1 year left on his rookie contract even gives his new team a chance on testing him out for 1 season, allowing them to just have wasted draft picks if Freeman bombs in 2013, better than wasting draft picks AND giving out big time money.

If i would be a struggeling team, looking for QB, i would just wait until 2014, hoping to sign Freeman as FA or draft (trade for) a 1st round QB. I would like my chance here...chances on ending up with a promising QB, getting a great QB is a totally different question though. Maybe throw out a mid round pick for Freeman, since i would be sure about there not being any bidding war over him. I'm not scared by TB beating me out trading up for Bridgewater. My unwillingness to trade much for Freeman should ruin the market for TB, not giving TB much ammo.to work with.

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#35 : July 13, 2013, 10:25:17 PM

Freeman is not scared at all by this situation. He will get paid after 2013, here or elsewhere. He will get overpaid or market value. To be honest i do not even know if he is motivated by at all this year. FA might even give him alot more chances, not just moneywise. He might even think its TB an its staff holding him down.

All he needs to do is stay healthy and not prove to NOT be it.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#36 : July 14, 2013, 01:40:00 AM

So my thinking is they trade him to a struggling team that needs a QB. Get there 1st rounder. And if Freeman bombs enough for the Bucs to even think about trading him, I would assume the Bucs record will be pretty bad 8 games in.

Mallett got trade BEFORE week 1, at that point the 'struggling'  still think they have something to play for the upcoming season. Mallett did not ask for big time money a few weeks later. In his case there is even a chance on missing out on him, while Freeman most likely will be FA after 2013.

A struggeling team in week 8 does not have to save its season anymore, nor is it even possible (with Freeman). They think already about 2014, and guess what TB wont franchise tag him, making him FA. If Freeman bombs, he is even less interesting to other teams, aka less trade value. Even if there is one single guy thinking he could turn him around, why should he really give up more than other teams (not really interested in him)? Reasonable to think teams interested in him  rather overpay him a bit, competing with the few still believing in him this way, than giving up a high pick for. I do not see a team being scared by missing out on Freeman at all, to mabye make them offer any high draft picks. Especially since they know about still having a shot at a 1st round QB out of 2014s so called strong class in case they do miss out on him.

Sorry but i do not see us getting much for him at all,allowing us to trade up from a maybe top5 pick,. Even then teams in front of us might not be willing to deal with us, giving us any shot at Bridgewater etc. And other teams, having missed out on Freeman, might just beat us out.
Freeman was maybe worth a 2014 1st rounder this offseason, because of the weak QB class this year. His 1 year left on his rookie contract even gives his new team a chance on testing him out for 1 season, allowing them to just have wasted draft picks if Freeman bombs in 2013, better than wasting draft picks AND giving out big time money.

If i would be a struggeling team, looking for QB, i would just wait until 2014, hoping to sign Freeman as FA or draft (trade for) a 1st round QB. I would like my chance here...chances on ending up with a promising QB, getting a great QB is a totally different question though. Maybe throw out a mid round pick for Freeman, since i would be sure about there not being any bidding war over him. I'm not scared by TB beating me out trading up for Bridgewater. My unwillingness to trade much for Freeman should ruin the market for TB, not giving TB much ammo.to work with.

I may have read that wrong, its late and I have been throwing back a few.  But Mallett didn't get traded, he is still a Patriot.  My point was,  they were shopping him for a 1st. 

All Freeman and his agent need is 2 teams interested.  Just 2 creates competition.   In reality, I think about 10 teams would be interested.   How he does leading up to the trade deadline, doesn't matter IMO.

As I mentioned earlier, there are coaches out there who believe they are that good at what they do, they can turn Freeman into an elite QB.  Its not just players who have big ego's.

And just for the record, I like Freeman. I hope he lights it up big time this season.  Then we can move forward and improve the team in other positions. We will be set at QB.  And if he falters, that will set the team back a year or two.  So I hope it works out. But this trade scenario is just another option.

I said some time ago, at the end of the 2013 season, Freeman and his agent might just give Dom a big F-you.  I am sure they would love the idea of cashing in on free agency. Every player does.  Sure the team could tag him. But that gets very expensive, very fast.  Freeman's tag number would be somewhere between 15mil and 20mil.  And a player can only be tagged 3 times. So tagging him is not a long term solution.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

QaZ

Pro Bowler

#37 : July 15, 2013, 07:49:43 AM

I may have read that wrong, its late and I have been throwing back a few.  But Mallett didn't get traded, he is still a Patriot.  My point was,  they were shopping him for a 1st. 

All Freeman and his agent need is 2 teams interested.  Just 2 creates competition.   In reality, I think about 10 teams would be interested.   How he does leading up to the trade deadline, doesn't matter IMO.

As I mentioned earlier, there are coaches out there who believe they are that good at what they do, they can turn Freeman into an elite QB.  Its not just players who have big ego's.

And just for the record, I like Freeman. I hope he lights it up big time this season.  Then we can move forward and improve the team in other positions. We will be set at QB.  And if he falters, that will set the team back a year or two.  So I hope it works out. But this trade scenario is just another option.

I said some time ago, at the end of the 2013 season, Freeman and his agent might just give Dom a big F-you.  I am sure they would love the idea of cashing in on free agency. Every player does.  Sure the team could tag him. But that gets very expensive, very fast.  Freeman's tag number would be somewhere between 15mil and 20mil.  And a player can only be tagged 3 times. So tagging him is not a long term solution.

As said I would not give up much for Freeman. But in the end it just takes one single idiot to give us a high pick for him, i have no doubts team will be interested in him. Since i consider Dom as an 'idiot' when it comes to see value in Freeman or not, i maybe should not be suprised if there is one more GM on the other 31 teams as 'stupid' as him. Although if there is one idiot trading much for Freeman, Dom all of a suddden looks smart again, lol.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#38 : July 15, 2013, 10:13:05 AM

Free is not getting traded dudes. Even if he sputters, it ain't happening.

I cannot see any reasonable scenario panning out for this to happen.

It is rare to see trades and when was the last time a QB1 was moved a few weeks into the season?

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#39 : July 15, 2013, 10:48:42 AM

"Hell,  the Patriots were shopping frekin Mallett during the draft for a 1st rounder.  Freeman could easily bring a first IMO."

The entire league agreed he wasn't worth what they were asking, and you see this as a legitimate starting point for Freeman's value? Poor logic. Even if Freeman is worth a first, the argument you present offers nothing to support that conclusion.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#40 : July 15, 2013, 01:30:53 PM

GTFOH

+1K.  Stocker matbe. But Williams and Freeman would be insane.   

Bucko40

Hall of Famer
#41 : July 15, 2013, 01:34:01 PM

"Hell,  the Patriots were shopping frekin Mallett during the draft for a 1st rounder.  Freeman could easily bring a first IMO."

The entire league agreed he wasn't worth what they were asking, and you see this as a legitimate starting point for Freeman's value? Poor logic. Even if Freeman is worth a first, the argument you present offers nothing to support that conclusion.

Did the Patriots find any takers? Here is the hole in this article. If Freeman fails horribly early in the season, no team is going to give spit for him. If Freeman lights up the early schedule, then there is no way the Bucs even entertain the thought of a Trade.

End of this Topic.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#42 : July 15, 2013, 01:41:10 PM

What the hell does a 3rd round QB that has never taken an NFL snap have to do with Freeman or what Freeman would be worth?

Mallet is Glennon. If Glennon rides the pine for two years and then we shop him for a 1st rounder do you think we'll get any bites? Of course not. It's a stupid comparison.

If the scenario played out like that and we put Freeman on the block in week eight, I'd bet my left nut that some team would give us a first for him. He has showed enough that some desperate team would think they can make him better. One mans trash is another man's treasure. A team like the Jags, Browns, or Cardinals will kill to have Freeman. I promise you that.
: July 15, 2013, 01:46:09 PM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

m_j

Starter

#43 : July 15, 2013, 01:43:45 PM

trade schiano for bellichick   :D

Havok904

Starter

#44 : July 15, 2013, 02:35:04 PM

If Freeman is not looking good, trade him to a really bad team for their first rounder.  Then take Teddy Bridgewater, or Johnny Football.

Bridgewater won't be eligble for the draft until 2015; Johnny Football won't be elible until 2016 if he ain't wearing prison orange...

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Trade Deadline is Oct. 29, 2013....3 Bucs the Team Could Consider Trading « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools