Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Trade Deadline is Oct. 29, 2013....3 Bucs the Team Could Consider Trading « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Havok904

Pro Bowler

#45 : July 15, 2013, 02:44:25 PM

He could end up with teams in a bidding war for his services after even another mediocre 4, 000 yard 27 TD 17 INT season he is going to get paid in full.

mediocre?...lol

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#46 : July 15, 2013, 02:55:59 PM

If Freeman is not looking good, trade him to a really bad team for their first rounder.  Then take Teddy Bridgewater, or Johnny Football.

Bridgewater won't be eligble for the draft until 2015; Johnny Football won't be elible until 2016 if he ain't wearing prison orange...

You couldn't be more incorrect.

They are both draft eligible in 2014. Redshirt Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors all are eligible since they have been out of high school for at least 3 years.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#47 : July 15, 2013, 05:16:14 PM

If Freeman bombs and we are picking #1......do you take Bridgewater or Clowney?

youngone

Hall of Famer
#48 : July 15, 2013, 05:17:29 PM

Clowney

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#49 : July 15, 2013, 05:54:27 PM

Clowney. No contest.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#50 : July 15, 2013, 06:15:23 PM

Depends how Glennon looked.  If Freeman bombed that bad that we were picking numero uno, I would assume they got a good look at Glennon.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#51 : July 15, 2013, 06:16:33 PM

If Freeman is not looking good, trade him to a really bad team for their first rounder.  Then take Teddy Bridgewater, or Johnny Football.

Bridgewater won't be eligble for the draft until 2015; Johnny Football won't be elible until 2016 if he ain't wearing prison orange...

Incorrect.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#52 : July 15, 2013, 06:22:54 PM

Clowney. No contest.
id much rather have a premiere QB, but dont think you could go wrong either way.

very far fetched what if...but if freeman or glennon balls out...would you think of giving up a redskins/saints draft for clowney?  assuming everyone else pans out, could he be the missing piece.  way too many what ifs to even contemplate though.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#53 : July 15, 2013, 06:27:34 PM

Clowney. No contest.
id much rather have a premiere QB, but dont think you could go wrong either way.

very far fetched what if...but if freeman or glennon balls out...would you think of giving up a redskins/saints draft for clowney?  assuming everyone else pans out, could he be the missing piece.  way too many what ifs to even contemplate though.

If Bowers plays like the team hopes, wouldn't need him.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

youngone

Hall of Famer
#54 : July 15, 2013, 06:27:42 PM

Clowney. No contest.

If our QB balls out and we are a legit playoff team, yes I would sell the farm for Clowney. I would weary of depending on a rookie pass rusher to get me over the hump but that guy should be a force in the NFL early.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#55 : July 15, 2013, 09:01:35 PM

Well, that would 8 games in.  And the Bucs would have a pretty good idea about his future by then.

There are always teams out there that think they can rehabilitate players. Teams with good QB coaches, like Trestman or Norv.or Tom Clements.

And we do not already have some kind of clue what Freeman brings to the table after having seen him for 4 years? You really think we gain anything from those 8 games, other than covering us against Freeman really sucking, which lowers his trade value even more? If Freeman does not suck, we either are as smart as before(hes good but not great) or Freeman became a great QB by miracle then, aka no trade.

When we are willing to trade him in week 8, every teams should know he will be a FA in a weeks later anyway. I do not see what other teams gain from such a move, as if they do not know about Bridgewater and Johnny Football in 2014, rather trading for them instead, if they do not fall into their laps anyway. Their season should be a mess by then anyway. As if they can not still get Freeman as a FA then. As if they get him any cheaper with this trade, contractwise. Do you really think they give him the rest of the season to prove himself here, ever thinking about letting him walk after 2014 again? He only provides value to other teams with the start of the 2014 offseason, in which he should be out of TB then anyway. A good QB coach then also should think he can convince him to join his team, as if Freeman then would not have to questions about him returning to TB anyway....'apparently TB's staff can not make me a great/good QB, nor do they believe in me'.
I dont think any team would be scared by missing out on Freeman and 'having' to settle for a 1st rounder in 2014 and it so called strong QB class, to give us much for him by week 8. The weak QB class of 2013 might have though.

How this allows/guarantees us to get Bridgewater or Johnny Football in 2014, i dont know.
and what if we are 2-6 and have no shot at the playoffs and the team has no plans to resign him?  Might as well get something and see what Gannon looks like.  We will need a high draft pick anyways if we plan to draft a QB so who cares about winning a few more meaningless games?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#56 : July 15, 2013, 09:36:03 PM

In reality we won't draft Clowney unless he has a major knee injury and falls in the draft.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#57 : July 15, 2013, 09:58:04 PM

In reality we won't draft Clowney unless he has a major knee injury and falls in the draft.

...and because of his injury(ies) he will probably never be that player everyone once dreamed about him actually becoming.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#58 : July 16, 2013, 08:36:51 PM

Clowney. No contest.

If our QB balls out and we are a legit playoff team, yes I would sell the farm for Clowney. I would weary of depending on a rookie pass rusher to get me over the hump but that guy should be a force in the NFL early.

Nothing is guaranteed though.   They actually said a lot of the same things about Bowers in college, until he got hurt. 

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#59 : July 17, 2013, 08:33:29 AM

They aren't trading Freeman mid season. Put money on that.

If they are 0-9 anything is on the table.

Deadline is between weeks 8 and 9... Bucs have a bye in week 5.  At worst they would be 0-7.

In my mind, there are 2 games I think the Bucs lose in the first 7... @ New England and @ Atlanta, the other 5 (@ Jets, vs New Orleans, vs Arizona, vs Philly, vs Carolina), are all winnable.  If this team has a losing record after 7 games... it's either Schiano's or Freeman's fault, period.  There's entirely too many good players on this team to be worse than 4-3 by the deadline.  If Freeman turns the corner and Schiano is a good coach, then this team should be 6-1 or 5-2 in the first 7 games.

Assuming their in a trading situation (at 3-4 or worse), and Freeman is the problem, then no one will trade for him.  If Schiano is the problem, then there's a much bigger problem on our hands that worrying about Freeman or a QB.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Trade Deadline is Oct. 29, 2013....3 Bucs the Team Could Consider Trading « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools