Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Trade Deadline is Oct. 29, 2013....3 Bucs the Team Could Consider Trading « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#60 : July 17, 2013, 08:43:58 AM

If the Bucs are 0-7, 1-6, or even 2-5.....I think trading Freeman will be a very real possibility. Would not shock me at all. Seems like something Schiano would do. Of course it's not just about the record. It has to be Freeman's poor play that has put us there.

I think we'll be 3-4 or 4-3 which is just good enough to not trade him.
: July 17, 2013, 08:47:45 AM JDouble

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#61 : July 17, 2013, 08:52:37 AM

If the Bucs are 0-7, 1-6, or even 2-5.....I think trading Freeman will be a very real possibility. Would not shock me at all. Seems like something Schiano would do. Of course it's not just about the record. It has to be Freeman's poor play that has put us there.

Which is why no one would trade for him.  If you need a QB and you see a team that has Vincent Jackson, Mike Williams, Doug Martin.... McCoy, Revis, Goldson... et all, and that team can't win games... why in the world would you want to trade for their QB?

I think some of the others are right, but for the wrong reason. Freeman won't get traded.  In order for Freeman to be traded, things have to be going real bad.  If that's the case, the most likely reason is Freeman.  At that point, no one will want him.  If the problem happens to be Schiano, then... I don't really know what will happen, I just know that a lot of people will be fired, cut, and not re-signed in the off-season.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#62 : July 17, 2013, 09:02:17 AM

I think you are on  crack if you think nobody would trade for him. One man's trash is another man's treasure. Look at guys like Whitehurst, Matt Flynn, and Alex Smith. Teams with no QB are desperate and they will pay for a QB. I'd bet my left nut that in that exact situation, a team like the Jags, Browns, or Cardinals would give us a 1st round pick for Freeman. If Alex Smith is stinking it up for the Chiefs, they would too. If Cutler is stinking in Chicago the Bears would probably do it. Vikings would do it if Ponder continues to suck. Jets might do it. Titans might even do it. You underestimate the power of the position.
: July 17, 2013, 09:05:05 AM JDouble

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#63 : July 17, 2013, 09:05:29 AM

I think you are on  crack if you think nobody would trade for him. One man's trash is another man's treasure. Look at guys like Whitehurst, Matt Flynn, and Alex Smith. Teams with no QB are desperate and they will pay for a QB. I'd bet my left nut that in that exact situation, a team like the Jags, Browns, or Cardinals would give us a 1st round pick for Freeman. If Alex Smith is stinking it up for the Chiefs, they would too. If Cutler is stinking in Chicago the Bears would probably do it. You underestimate the power of the position.

Instead of showing me Whitehurst, Flynn, and Smith... show me ONE QB who got traded MID SEASON, and then I'll listen.  Do I think someone could trade for Freeman in the offseason... sure.  But not during a season in which he is sucking.  Also, in those 3 QB's you brought up, they were all backups and 2 of them still are.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#64 : July 17, 2013, 09:06:55 AM

Unproven back ups that were paid and traded for to be starters. Freeman had a 25-6 season and another were he threw for over 4000 yards and 27 TDs. That is enough to have some desperate GM drooling and convinced his organization could use him better than we did.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#65 : July 17, 2013, 09:16:33 AM

Unproven back ups that were paid and traded for to be starters. Freeman had a 25-6 season and another were he threw for over 4000 yards and 27 TDs. That is enough to have some desperate GM drooling and convinced his organization could use him better than we did.

Sure... AFTER the season is over.  Again, DURING the season... No.  A team who thinks they need a QB upgrade to put them over the top (after just 7 or 8 games), isn't going to trade for a QB who is a big reason his team is losing.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#66 : July 17, 2013, 09:34:32 AM

and what if we are 2-6 and have no shot at the playoffs and the team has no plans to resign him?  Might as well get something and see what Gannon looks like.  We will need a high draft pick anyways if we plan to draft a QB so who cares about winning a few more meaningless games?

I did not say we should not trade Freeman to win a few more meanigless games in 2013. Once we made the decision about Freeman not starting for us in 2014, Glennon will be the starter in 2013, to see what he got compared to those QBs available to us in the 2014 offseason/draft.

Just i do not believe we will get much for Freeman when he made us 2-6 with a so called quite talented roster. Why should any team trade any high picks for him ...to win a few more meaningless games for them in 2013?...because they have no shot at him to sign him during the 2014 offseason to the same contract they will have to give him after a trade?..because they rate Freeman over guys like Bridgewater etc...because they can trade for Freeman but not for a promising QB like Bridgewater etc?

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#67 : July 17, 2013, 09:55:33 AM

Unproven back ups did not prove to suck on a talented roster. Unproven back ups do not ask for franchise QB like money the moment to traded for him. Unproven backup QBs do not become FAs a few weeks later. Unproven back ups do not get traded when there are 'better' QBs available to them, like the strong QB class of the 2014 draft.
Why should other teams rate Freeman over Bridgewater&Co? GMs on sucky teams have to worry about job security, trading and then paying a guy like Freeman and failling with will make them unemployed soon. Drafting a QB like Bridgewater, many see as a great QB in the future and failing there is less horrible. 

Serioulsy the Freemanhaters always tell us how obviously Freeman sucks. Why should this now result in a high draft pick? Freeman has to be clearly better than Bridgewater&Co, or teams have to know they can not get them...THEN they might be desperate enough. With this kind of contract Freeman will be asking for next year, being just as good as 2014 rookies (prospectwise) wont justify giving up a high draft pick for plus big time money.

Why should teams be worried about missing out on Freeman, when they can just have a nice 2nd place prize in a QB out of the strong 2014 class then? -> mid round pick for Freeman or hope for Freeman to become a FA then or just trade up in the 2014 draft.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#68 : July 17, 2013, 10:00:43 AM

The only good way for this to end for the Bucs is the light comes on with Freeman we give him a nice contract and the light stays on.  Starting another QB sets us back at least a couple of years and even then there's no guarantees with a new guy.  Could end up in the same situation. 

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#69 : July 17, 2013, 10:04:18 AM

The only good way for this to end for the Bucs is the light comes on with Freeman we give him a nice contract and the light stays on.  Starting another QB sets us back at least a couple of years and even then there's no guarantees with a new guy.  Could end up in the same situation.

I agree with the first sentence.  Disagree with the last 2.  If we have to move on from Freeman, it doesn't take long time to recoup.  Luck turned a 2-win team into an 11-win team.  Russell Wilson took his team to the playoffs.  If Glennon is the guy in 2014, who's to say that with a year under his belt, he can't win 8-10 games next year or 10-11 by the following?  Who's to say that the guy they draft can't do it?  This team has complimentary talent.  It's not a 1-year window.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#70 : July 17, 2013, 10:08:59 AM

I'm just saying it's a crap shoot.  how often does a guy like Luck come around and haven't you heard Russell Wilson is Freeman.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#71 : July 17, 2013, 10:09:11 AM

xd, we gain nothing from waiting. It just keeps us from the risk of Freeman playing really bad, which should have been answered by tradign him BEFORE he proved to suck. We saw him for 4 years, still unsure about him maybe becoming great and we still do not even know about him maybe beign really bad?

Its not like we can not draft another QB while , and maybe THEN shop Freeman with a nice contract to be more appealing to other teams, virtually buying draft picks by taking a salery cap hit for those teams.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#72 : July 17, 2013, 10:13:30 AM

I'm not giving up on the guy until he chokes it this year, then I'll 100% be on the run #5 outta town bandwagon.  I want to win now not next year or the year after and at this point JF gives us our best shot at that.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#73 : July 17, 2013, 10:14:05 AM

I'm just saying it's a crap shoot.  how often does a guy like Luck come around and haven't you heard Russell Wilson is Freeman.

It is a crap shoot, but I don't have to go with just Luck or Wilson.  There's Tannehill, Dalton, Kaerpernic... Glennon?  There are guys who don't need 4 years before showing that they can produce.

Nice touch with Wilson/Freeman.  :D

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#74 : July 17, 2013, 10:15:52 AM

I agree with the first sentence.  Disagree with the last 2.  If we have to move on from Freeman, it doesn't take long time to recoup.  Luck turned a 2-win team into an 11-win team.  Russell Wilson took his team to the playoffs.  If Glennon is the guy in 2014, who's to say that with a year under his belt, he can't win 8-10 games next year or 10-11 by the following?  Who's to say that the guy they draft can't do it?  This team has complimentary talent.  It's not a 1-year window.

If its so easy, why does Freeman after 3.5 years already hold franchise records of a 40 year old franchise? Its not like we could not get another Luck with Peyton on the roster or R Wilson after alreqady having traded for Flynn. How did Rodgers became the guy in GB again? If Glennon is the guy, how can an average guy like Freeman keep him on the bench, when he is not even drafted by the current coaching staff unlike Glennon. Its not like Glennons contract is holding him down either.
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Trade Deadline is Oct. 29, 2013....3 Bucs the Team Could Consider Trading « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools