Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Trade Deadline is Oct. 29, 2013....3 Bucs the Team Could Consider Trading « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : July 13, 2013, 12:02:13 AM »

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Options For 2013 NFL Trade Deadline

Jul 12th, 2013 at 10:04 pm

by Erik Lambert

Of all the teams in the NFC South, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are the most enigmatic.  They look really good on paper, especially after adding Darrelle Revis and Dashon Goldson on defense.  Yet they fell apart down the stretch last season, leading some to down a number of their core players.  Is that enough to entertain NFL trade ideas?

Luke Stocker

There were high hopes for Luke Stocker coming out of Tennessee.  While not the most athletic tight end, experts saw a kid who could take advantage of soft coverages with his big frame and good hands.  Sadly that hasn’t happened.  His 2012 season was quiet with just 165 yards receiving.  That was a big reason why the Tampa Bay Buccaneers added Tom Crabtree in free agency along with the “other” Zach Miller who showed signs of progress in Jacksonville before injuries took their toll.  If either of them step up early, Stocker could lose his spot on the depth chart.  That shouldn’t diminish his trade value though.  For all his problems in the passing game, Luke is a stout blocker, especially against the run.  A number of teams could use a player like that on the roster provided it doesn’t cost more than a late round pick.

Mike Williams

The NFL has shown repeatedly that angry players are players that want to get traded. Tampa Bay may have sent Mike Williams in that direction.  Despite a career year in yards (996) along with nine touchdowns the Bucs have apparently dragged their feet trying to give him an extension.  This prompted Williams to cry out on Twitter, asking how a team that preaches family first could not show one of its sons more love.  Whether that is completely true or not is debatable, but it is how the young man feels, which matters most.  Williams is a free agent in 2014.  If the Buccaneers start to sense he will choose to leave, that will increase the pressure on the front office to get some value back for him before it happens.  The trick will be finding a team that wants him earlier rather than just waiting for the market to open next March.

Josh Freeman

Oh, he said it.  Yes he did.  It might not make a lot of sense on the surface, but things happen.  Greg Schiano has softened his stance in recent months but everyone knew he wasn’t sold on Josh Freeman at times last year.  That would explain why the team used their third round draft pick on N.C. State quarterback Mike Glennon.  While Schiano may insist the team is firmly behind Freeman, such statements are no better than half truths in sports terms.  Glennon was brought in for a reason.  Whether it was to push Freeman or replace him depends on how the season starts for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.  Losing has a way of ushering in change.  Missing the playoffs in four tries certainly qualifies.

http://nflmocks.com/2013/07/12/tampa-bay-buccaneers-options-for-2013-nfl-trade-deadline/

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #1 : July 13, 2013, 12:12:56 AM »

GTFOH

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #2 : July 13, 2013, 12:47:08 AM »

GTFOH indeed.

This Erik Lambert is very very bored, and really throwing schlit without much thought. Awful article.

I logged in just to say that. Gnight.

dmajik85

Hall of Famer
« #3 : July 13, 2013, 12:49:41 AM »

That's just writing for writing's sake. There's almost no chance Stocker or Freeman leave, and there's only a distant chance McWill becomes disgruntled and unaffordable. Maybe then.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #4 : July 13, 2013, 01:05:45 AM »

If Freeman is not looking good, trade him to a really bad team for their first rounder.  Then take Teddy Bridgewater, or Johnny Football.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

youngone

Hall of Famer
« #5 : July 13, 2013, 01:18:32 AM »

If Freeman is not looking good, trade him to a really bad team for their first rounder.  Then take Teddy Bridgewater, or Johnny Football.
If Freeman is not looking good by then he won't be worth a first rounder to anybody.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #6 : July 13, 2013, 01:25:41 AM »

If Freeman is not looking good by then he won't be worth a first rounder to anybody.

Well, that would 8 games in.  And the Bucs would have a pretty good idea about his future by then.

There are always teams out there that think they can rehabilitate players. Teams with good QB coaches, like Trestman or Norv.or Tom Clements.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #7 : July 13, 2013, 03:19:24 AM »

I would like to think DJ or Penn would be traded before any of these guys.

They're on prove it time. Hardly any chance they get traded, and a better chance that one of them gets the tag.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
« #8 : July 13, 2013, 07:02:43 AM »

I can't wait for training camp to get here. Then there can be some real stories written and not speculation that we could trade our starting QB, starting WR, and our possible starting TE.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

QaZ

Hall of Famer

« #9 : July 13, 2013, 10:40:10 AM »

Well, that would 8 games in.  And the Bucs would have a pretty good idea about his future by then.

There are always teams out there that think they can rehabilitate players. Teams with good QB coaches, like Trestman or Norv.or Tom Clements.

And we do not already have some kind of clue what Freeman brings to the table after having seen him for 4 years? You really think we gain anything from those 8 games, other than covering us against Freeman really sucking, which lowers his trade value even more? If Freeman does not suck, we either are as smart as before(hes good but not great) or Freeman became a great QB by miracle then, aka no trade.

When we are willing to trade him in week 8, every teams should know he will be a FA in a weeks later anyway. I do not see what other teams gain from such a move, as if they do not know about Bridgewater and Johnny Football in 2014, rather trading for them instead, if they do not fall into their laps anyway. Their season should be a mess by then anyway. As if they can not still get Freeman as a FA then. As if they get him any cheaper with this trade, contractwise. Do you really think they give him the rest of the season to prove himself here, ever thinking about letting him walk after 2014 again? He only provides value to other teams with the start of the 2014 offseason, in which he should be out of TB then anyway. A good QB coach then also should think he can convince him to join his team, as if Freeman then would not have to questions about him returning to TB anyway....'apparently TB's staff can not make me a great/good QB, nor do they believe in me'.
I dont think any team would be scared by missing out on Freeman and 'having' to settle for a 1st rounder in 2014 and it so called strong QB class, to give us much for him by week 8. The weak QB class of 2013 might have though.

How this allows/guarantees us to get Bridgewater or Johnny Football in 2014, i dont know.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #10 : July 13, 2013, 11:35:19 AM »

+1. If he continues to struggle, he would probably be worth a 3rd....but the chances of us trading him is pretty close to 0%.

To the OP.

MW19 is the only one who slightly makes sense.

Two other options could be Davin Joseph and DaQuan Bowers, depending on what the show between weeks one and the trading deadline.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
« #11 : July 13, 2013, 11:47:02 AM »

Not sure why you guys think the idea of trading Freeman is so ridiculous. If he does not show the improvement they are looking and they decide they aren't going to give him a huge contract....then why the hell wouldn't they trade him before week 9 and get something in return? I'm not saying it's likely, but it certainly isn't as far fetched as some of you seem to think.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
« #12 : July 13, 2013, 12:10:55 PM »

They aren't trading Freeman mid season. Put money on that.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

« #13 : July 13, 2013, 12:40:52 PM »

Not sure why you guys think the idea of trading Freeman is so ridiculous. If he does not show the improvement they are looking and they decide they aren't going to give him a huge contract....then why the hell wouldn't they trade him before week 9 and get something in return? I'm not saying it's likely, but it certainly isn't as far fetched as some of you seem to think.

The general idea of trading him is not ridiculous, but NOW we are not gonna trade him anymore. Before the 2013 draft was the last moment for. Next stop franchise tag 2014, maybe we get a 3rd rounder for him then. And even this might be too optimistic.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #14 : July 13, 2013, 12:53:50 PM »

I love some of the stupid articles posted - and this one will have a special place. 

"Greg Schiano has softened his stance in recent months but everyone knew he wasn’t sold on Josh Freeman at times last year."  I am thinking this is the case with somewhere around 20-26 teams EVERY year, let alone for first year coaches inheriting a qb, and building a new staff, along with installing new offense and defense.. probably just me...   

"That would explain why the team used their third round draft pick on N.C. State quarterback Mike Glennon."  Glennon is explained in the same way as last years Big East picks, Goode and Tandy. Coach recruited or liked them, wanted to draft them for little apparent reason.  Hopefully one or more will be a surprise and earn a regular position some day.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
  Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Trade Deadline is Oct. 29, 2013....3 Bucs the Team Could Consider Trading « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools