Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PEWTER REPORT REACTS TO PFT'S BUCS POWER RANKINGS « previous next »
Page: 1

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
: July 15, 2013, 10:37:47 AM

The lack of love for the Buccaneers from the national media continued this weekend as ProFootballTalk.com continued to release its power rankings. To the surprise of many, Tampa Bay was ranked as the 24th best team in the NFL. What does PewterReport.com think of this ranking? Find out in this Pewter Report Reacts article.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=8971

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 15, 2013, 11:24:20 AM

It's PFT. The simple fact is, they will spend more time talking about and watching games of teams who regularly win games and the teams that get the most hits to their site. The fact that they might not have an overly optimistic prediction for the Bucs in 2013 is not all that surprising to me. Do I think they hate the Bucs? No...but at the same time, I doubt they spend 25% of the time paying attention to the Bucs as they do a Pittsburgh or Dallas. So they will look at things like bad defense and average QB over the last few years and give the Bucs a "prove it" ranking. 99% of Bucs fans who know that this team has will think that 24th is low. To be realistic, they belong in the late teens, wich would put them currently as a middle of the pack team. It's still in that, "lets see what you've got" range, but shows that they at least have the "talent" to make noise.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#2 : July 15, 2013, 12:05:15 PM

Completely agree, Chase.

The thing I take away from it is that at least they were smart enough not to get caught up in the Cam Newton hype, and ranked us ahead of them.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#3 : July 15, 2013, 12:36:24 PM

1. Power rankings are useless.

2. Offseason power rankings are even more useless.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 15, 2013, 01:06:49 PM

Saying the Fins are better than the Buc is crazy at this point.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PEWTER REPORT REACTS TO PFT'S BUCS POWER RANKINGS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools