Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can Tom Crabtree Win The Starting Job? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#105 : July 16, 2013, 03:54:36 PM

versatility and unpredictability is key

Yes, but Crabtree isn't unpredictable.  Like 2012 Dallas Clark, he's a one-dimensional TE.

I'm not sure how anyone but his coaches would know that. They have seen him in practice everyday for three years. You have seen him.....what? A couple plays on youtube? A catch in a playoff game? I'm curious what brings you to the conclusion that he is one dimensional.

Unlike yourself, my opinion on player performance isn't based off of YouTube clips.  The Packers are on National Television all of the time.  I've seen almost as many of their games as I have Buccaneer games.

And? He had 8 catches last year. You saw a lot of him though? You were keyed in on the 3rd string TE while watching those games? C'mon man.

Lolz

Buggsy just hit for the cycle -- calling another poster "stupid", directly or by implication, but leaving out a key part from pages before.  Again, for posterity:

The Packers are on National Television all of the time.  I've seen almost as many of their games as I have Buccaneer games.

LMAO .

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#106 : July 16, 2013, 04:01:54 PM

LOL....okee big guy. Glad you randomly counted Green Bay's 3rd string TE's snap count last year. What a coincidence that he came to the Bucs! Or do you just follow all 2nd and 3rd string players that closely? GTFO of here with that bullsh!t. You didn't watch him last year and you don't know anymore about him than anyone else. Reports say he's a good blocker and I've seen him be a good receiver. You are the only thing that is one dimensional here. Go pull up some 5 year old post now.

No offense J-Dub, but the same could probably be said about what you do every year with the long list of prospects who you like/hope the Bucs draft.

How is that the same? I have an ongoing list of college prospects I like and I watch them all year and make up a list of my favorites. Hell, I have a list of about 40 guys right now and half of them won't even be eligible until 2015 or beyond. But I actually watch them play in college and I add/delete names from my list as I watch. It doesn't make me an expert, and I never claim to be, but it does make my list of favorites valid and not just make believe nonsense.

Biggs on the other hand is pretending he actually watched Crabtree last year, counted his offensive snaps, and knows that he is one dimensional....which is 100% make believe nonsense. I don't see the correlation.

The correlation is that no one knows if you actually watch those guys or just watch some highlight vids on youtube....same with Biggs...you have no clue if he actually did or did not watch multiple Packers games and what he pulled from those broadcasts. There is also NFLRewind. Very easy to go back and rewatch the Packers games from the past few years and get a sense of how Crabtree was used.

Point is....you claim Biggs is pretending, but you very well could be pretending as well. Do I think you are? Probably not....but the same ammo that is used on you every time you post your annual list(s), you are using that same ammo on Biggs.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#107 : July 16, 2013, 04:06:33 PM

LOL....okee big guy. Glad you randomly counted Green Bay's 3rd string TE's snap count last year. What a coincidence that he came to the Bucs! Or do you just follow all 2nd and 3rd string players that closely? GTFO of here with that bullsh!t. You didn't watch him last year and you don't know anymore about him than anyone else. Reports say he's a good blocker and I've seen him be a good receiver. You are the only thing that is one dimensional here. Go pull up some 5 year old post now.

No offense J-Dub, but the same could probably be said about what you do every year with the long list of prospects who you like/hope the Bucs draft.

How is that the same? I have an ongoing list of college prospects I like and I watch them all year and make up a list of my favorites. Hell, I have a list of about 40 guys right now and half of them won't even be eligible until 2015 or beyond. But I actually watch them play in college and I add/delete names from my list as I watch. It doesn't make me an expert, and I never claim to be, but it does make my list of favorites valid and not just make believe nonsense.

Biggs on the other hand is pretending he actually watched Crabtree last year, counted his offensive snaps, and knows that he is one dimensional....which is 100% make believe nonsense. I don't see the correlation.

The correlation is that no one knows if you actually watch those guys or just watch some highlight vids on youtube....same with Biggs...you have no clue if he actually did or did not watch multiple Packers games and what he pulled from those broadcasts. There is also NFLRewind. Very easy to go back and rewatch the Packers games from the past few years and get a sense of how Crabtree was used.

Point is....you claim Biggs is pretending, but you very well could be pretending as well. Do I think you are? Probably not....but the same ammo that is used on you every time you post your annual list(s), you are using that same ammo on Biggs.

Two things Chace.

1. We aren't talking about promising college prospects that will be in the next draft. LOTS of people watch upcoming prospects. It's hardly far fetched. With Biggs, we are talking about a random 3rd string TE on a random team. A random undrafted guy in his 3rd year that plays mostly special teams but got a few shots last year because Andrew Quarless was hurt. It's not the same. Not even close. He wasn't watching him.

2. If he had said NFL rewind then sure, I might buy it....but he didn't. He specifically said he had watched a lot of there games because they were nationally broadcast.
: July 16, 2013, 04:08:16 PM JDouble

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#108 : July 16, 2013, 04:22:10 PM

"A random undrafted guy in his 3rd year that plays mostly special teams but got a few shots last year because Andrew Quarless was hurt."

Have you not looked up the statistics yet at the link provided, or are you intentionally lying?

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts
Team = GB
Week = All
Position = TE
: July 16, 2013, 04:26:36 PM Von Mises

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#109 : July 16, 2013, 04:31:17 PM

Crabtree was 2nd string. Crabtree had more snaps in 2011 than Quarless did even when he was healthy....and even if Quarless was going to be the starter in 2012 prior to the injury....he didn't play....which means Crabtree was the second string TE during the season in which Biggs stated he watched the Packers. So you stating that Crabtree was 3rd string in 2012 is being dishonest.

Sure, lots of people do watch college football prospects. Lots of people watch the NFL as well. NFL games are also more accessible and there is an opportunity to watch more of teams since there are just 32 of them as opposed to over 100 in college football.
: July 16, 2013, 04:36:15 PM chace1986

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#110 : July 16, 2013, 04:41:45 PM

1. We aren't talking about promising college prospects that will be in the next draft. LOTS of people watch upcoming prospects. It's hardly far fetched. With Biggs, we are talking about a random 3rd string TE on a random team. A random undrafted guy in his 3rd year that plays mostly special teams but got a few shots last year because Andrew Quarless was hurt. It's not the same. Not even close. He wasn't watching him.

2. If he had said NFL rewind then sure, I might buy it....but he didn't. He specifically said he had watched a lot of there games because they were nationally broadcast.

I told you that you should just eat it and move on, but you appear to be very content with continuing to make yourself look foolish.  LOLZ at the Andrew Quarless excuse pulled directly from your anal cavity.

Why is so difficult for you to believe that I watched a lot of Packer games?  I love watching Rodgers play and they are televised nationally a lot.  I can damn-near tell you their third-down packages on offense and defense - like I can the Bucs.  Why would I make that up?

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#111 : July 16, 2013, 04:54:59 PM

The Packers get a lot of national games because they're popular. Most polls list them as the second most popular behind South America's Team. This "poll" doesn't, but was interesting nonetheless. Apparently, the Cowboys are more popular in Carolina than the Panthers are:
http://deadspin.com/5980852/who-is-americas-favorite-nfl-team-facebook-data-offer-a-clear-winner

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#112 : July 16, 2013, 05:00:12 PM

While I did watch Crabtree play last season (obviously a hellva lot more Mr. Dub) and view him as one-dimensional, I never claimed to count his snaps.  As Mr. Von Mises pointed out to your after you made yourself look foolish, that information is readily available.

Comprehension is key, slugger.

and, the trifecta is complete with the classic "slugger" and the "you can't read" suggestion.

Slugger ....again ...... LOL

One Trick Pony is in rare form today . Jdouble must have struck a nerve .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#113 : July 16, 2013, 05:04:38 PM

I can confirm Biggs really is a Packer expert ....I found his picture on Facebook :

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#114 : July 16, 2013, 07:07:35 PM

Sweet wristband, Biggs. ;)

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#115 : July 16, 2013, 08:43:33 PM

Should be one of the more watched, training camp battles.  May the best man win.  And whoever loses, is not losing much, just the title of starting TE.  Both will see a lot of action.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#116 : July 16, 2013, 09:14:35 PM

The Packers get a lot of national games because they're popular. Most polls list them as the second most popular behind South America's Team. This "poll" doesn't, but was interesting nonetheless. Apparently, the Cowboys are more popular in Carolina than the Panthers are:
http://deadspin.com/5980852/who-is-americas-favorite-nfl-team-facebook-data-offer-a-clear-winner
yea but the Heels are more popular than both of them put together in NC.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#117 : July 16, 2013, 09:26:20 PM

versatility and unpredictability is key

Yes, but Crabtree isn't unpredictable.  Like 2012 Dallas Clark, he's a one-dimensional TE.

I believe that his sample size is too small for you to make that determination.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#118 : July 16, 2013, 09:29:06 PM

If he can't beat out LS for the starting position I'm not going to be impressed.
Page: 1 ... 6 7 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can Tom Crabtree Win The Starting Job? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools