Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can Tom Crabtree Win The Starting Job? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

Hate

Hall of Famer
#30 : July 14, 2013, 04:35:53 PM

Stocker has been average but has improved every year. Crabtree is virtually the same player.

What exactly are you basing that on?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#31 : July 14, 2013, 05:39:47 PM

Stocker has been average but has improved every year. Crabtree is virtually the same player.

What exactly are you basing that on?

The fact they are both adequate blockers, good hands, marginal athleticism,  and marginal route running. Is there a skill set im missing where they arent similar? Crabtree is a step quicker....thats about it. Oh yeah. One played for the packers. That automatically makes him better.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#32 : July 14, 2013, 05:47:56 PM

i don't think Stocker has good hands and i don't see their athleticism as similar. And the fact that Tree has 50 more yds on 10 less receptions might support that notion.
: July 14, 2013, 05:50:56 PM Hate

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#33 : July 14, 2013, 05:54:33 PM

Last season, Crabtree dropped 1 ball in 10 targets and Stocker dropped 2 balls in 21 targets.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#34 : July 14, 2013, 06:09:44 PM

Last season, Crabtree dropped 1 ball in 10 targets and Stocker dropped 2 balls in 21 targets.

Stocker's career long is 33 while Tree's is 72

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#35 : July 14, 2013, 06:21:36 PM

I agree with Hate on this one. K2 was great to have because he had very good range and could pull down anything close.

Just because this is a different scheme doesn't mean that a great TE wouldn't be extremely beneficial to Freeman.

A TE can create mismatches that our WR's cannot. That is the reason why you take passes away from your WR's. It's really a no-brainer that every other team in the NFL is doing right now. I'm baffled how anyone can say that their offense doesn't need to create mismatches. I guess that's how your QB gets to be inconsistent.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#36 : July 14, 2013, 06:25:05 PM

I'm aware.  I'm also aware that there isn't much difference between the two player's hands  I'm also aware that Stocker is a much, much better blocker - which seems to be ignored for some reason.

I liked the Crabtree signing quite a bit, but he's not the second coming at TE.  He has his limitations.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#37 : July 14, 2013, 06:28:47 PM

lolz

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#38 : July 14, 2013, 06:38:29 PM

lolz

:D ;D  you like?

Here's my take. I think we've seen Stocker's ceiling while Crabtree hasn't yet had an opportunity. That's what excites me.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#39 : July 14, 2013, 06:43:33 PM

i don't think Stocker has good hands and i don't see their athleticism as similar. And the fact that Tree has 50 more yds on 10 less receptions might support that notion.

They had the exact same 40 time coming out of college. I have no idea about Crabtree's other measurements because they don't seem to be available, but I doubt that he's a noticeably better athlete than Stocker, if he is actually better.

Stocker has pretty close measurables to Rob Gronkowski though, and it was pretty much the only reason we spent 2 4th rounders on him. Gronkowski is slightly taller, and has slightly larger arms, but in terms of just pure athleticism like the 3 cone drill and 20 yard shuttle, Stocker actually beats out Gronkowski, and he has the same 40 time.

It seems like people are just enamoured with Crabtree because he had a few long TDs last year with Green Bay. We don't have Aaron Rodgers at QB, and we don't run the same offense. Crabtree is not going to get wide open like that. Maybe he does surprise us, but there's absolutely nothing from his past performance that would suggest that he will be a good #1 TE.

Also, Crabtree is going to be 28 midway during the season., and Stocker is almost 25 years old. Stocker still has time to develop.

I won't sleep on Zach MIller or Noble either. Zach Miller has the most receiving yards of the bunch and could be a surprise.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#40 : July 14, 2013, 06:45:40 PM

Stocker has pretty close measurables to Rob Gronkowski though...

That statement alone should make you stop with the measurables crap

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#41 : July 14, 2013, 06:57:45 PM

Stocker is a complete stiff.

His speed and hands don't even bother me so much as the fact that he doesn't have flexibility/athleticism to adjust to a ball in the air that is not perfect. He's like the poor man's John Gilmore.

Crabtree has at least shown some play-making ability coming off the bench . I say give him a shot.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#42 : July 14, 2013, 07:18:56 PM

It seems like people are just enamoured with Crabtree because he had a few long TDs last year with Green Bay.

Yeah, it appears a few people are putting a little much into a play where the Safetys were going after the WR's, leaving the middle wide open.  Great play-design by McCarthy and excellent touch pass from Rodgers.  Crabtree gets the credit for beating the MLB (who happens to be one of the worst MLB's in the league in Paris Lenon) but he's not some down-field threat by any stretch of the imagination.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#43 : July 14, 2013, 07:27:44 PM

My take on Crabtree is, he is a hard working lunch pail type guy that Schiano loves. The greatest TE's in league history have nothing to worry about though, as far as their records are concerned.

I don't see Stocker has improved one bit. He has hardly played.  Here we are a couple years later, and he is still trying to stay healthy. Good lookin player, but damn, how about making it through the season in one piece.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#44 : July 14, 2013, 07:50:47 PM

WELL-SAID: Tampa Bay Buccaneers tight end Tom Crabtree: "How cool would it be to live in a world where George Zimmerman offered Trayvon Martin a ride home to get him out of the rain that night."

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can Tom Crabtree Win The Starting Job? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools