Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can Tom Crabtree Win The Starting Job? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#45 : July 14, 2013, 08:01:29 PM

Stocker looked slow on the field and a target for big hits because he can't move. I believe Crabtree will see more time in the slot and redzone.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#46 : July 14, 2013, 08:52:54 PM

The fact is...They will probably be on the field for close to the same amount of snaps. Crabtree will most likely be targeted more and will have more catches, while Stocker will see the occasional pass and will primarily be used for what he is good at, which is blocking. Stocker has value as the teams best blocking TE, but he isn't much of a receiving threat. so if he does get the nod to "start", it will most likely be because of his blocking prowess. I see Crabtree getting more snaps in 2013, followed closely by Stocker.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#47 : July 14, 2013, 09:00:10 PM

The fact is...They will probably be on the field for close to the same amount of snaps. Crabtree will most likely be targeted more and will have more catches, while Stocker will see the occasional pass and will primarily be used for what he is good at, which is blocking. Stocker has value as the teams best blocking TE, but he isn't much of a receiving threat. so if he does get the nod to "start", it will most likely be because of his blocking prowess. I see Crabtree getting more snaps in 2013, followed closely by Stocker.

+1

Hate

Hall of Famer
#48 : July 14, 2013, 09:34:13 PM

Stocker is a complete stiff.

couldn't agree more..... a big lumbering slug!!

-------------------------------------------------------

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#49 : July 15, 2013, 06:01:19 AM

Mount up!

Got a nickname for our TEs.

The Regulators. They are just bad azz!

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#50 : July 15, 2013, 07:31:13 AM

Well Crabtree did impress me with the one playoff catch I saw. That is one time more than Stocker has impressed me in the last two years.

I hope to God he wins the starting job. What good is a Te that can only block? Its telling the opponent that you are going to run as soon as he steps on the field. And he is not good enough to overcome that.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#51 : July 15, 2013, 08:11:05 AM

Well Crabtree did impress me with the one playoff catch I saw. That is one time more than Stocker has impressed me in the last two years.

I hope to God he wins the starting job. What good is a Te that can only block? Its telling the opponent that you are going to run as soon as he steps on the field. And he is not good enough to overcome that.

Exactly . Might was well put Gabe Carimi in at TE if that is your goal.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#52 : July 15, 2013, 08:22:22 AM

Mount up!

Got a nickname for our TEs.

The Regulators. They are just bad azz!
You're almost spot on...but I'll fix it for you.  They are just bad.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#53 : July 15, 2013, 09:21:12 AM

I still don't know what people see in Crabtree. He hasn't done anything in his career. Why is he all of a sudden a lock for the starting position?

I don't see any difference between him and some random undrafted free agent to be honest.

He had only 8 catches last year, but he tallied up 300 yards and 3 TDs off those 8 catches. He isn't a proven stud by any means, but in his three years in Green Bay he showed that habit of making big plays when he got a chance. His 25 yard per catch average last year shows that. That is much more than you can say for Stocker.

Hell, in this short highlight clip of his rookie year in 2010, he does more than I have ever seen Stocker do!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEk0qUH9LJ0

Besides all that, the dude is hilarious. Cracks be up on Twitter every day. We could use a character like Crabtree in Tampa. On top of that he is a great person. His wife has type 1 diabetes and they have dedicated themselves and their organization to raising money for a cure. He's a Buccaneer man.
: July 15, 2013, 09:25:53 AM JDouble

Draft Aaron Donald

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#54 : July 15, 2013, 09:31:47 AM

i think many underestimate what a quality QB can do for an adequate player.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#55 : July 15, 2013, 09:36:28 AM

i think many underestimate what a quality QB can do for an adequate player.

I think the fact that he was able to accomplish what he did last year on such a crowded offensive roster, is impressive. Writing it off as simply a product of Aaron Rodgers' greatness seems like a cheap and easy way of not giving the guy his props.

Draft Aaron Donald

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#56 : July 15, 2013, 09:46:44 AM

I think the fact that he was able to accomplish what he did last year on such a crowded offensive roster, is impressive. Writing it off as simply a product of Aaron Rodgers' greatness seems like a cheap and easy way of not giving the guy his props.
the guy had 8 catches.   accomplishments?  c'mon.   what props do you give for an 8 catch season?   he's an adequate player imo.  im excited to have him , i believe he'll be a great role player.

40 catches and 4 TD's for us this season.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#57 : July 15, 2013, 10:06:11 AM

Regulators!!

Tree-Stock 2013 baby!  Be there for the fireworks and rock and roll!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#58 : July 15, 2013, 10:39:33 AM

Yeah, I'm not sure what the disconnect is.  Both guys are going to play a good amount.  Crabtree was brought in to replace Dallas Clark, who played 586 snaps last season.  Stocker played 550 snaps.  I'm guessing those snap-counts will be pretty similar in 2013.

nitey

Hall of Famer
#59 : July 15, 2013, 10:48:56 AM

I pretty much agree with you Biggs. The Bucs are going to play a lot of two TE formations and both block well, and frankly don't we want to RUN the ball over having Freeman throw short passes? I bet Crabtree does very well for us and while I don't think Stocker is going to catch a lot of passes, he'll do well enough. Since neither are clearly a better pass option than the other, the defense can't focus solely on one or the other when both are in the game, either can be the target. Wouldn't be surprised to see their catch total pretty close for the year.

Success is when Skill meets OpportunityFailure is when Fantasy meets Reality
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Can Tom Crabtree Win The Starting Job? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools