Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2013 Breakout Candidate « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : July 14, 2013, 12:03:41 AM »

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2013 Breakout Candidate: Adrian Clayborn

July 12, 2013 6:42 pm EDT

by Andrew Fisher

Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers flat out got better on defense this offseason. With proven veterans Dashon Goldson and Darrelle Revis joining the unit, the outlook for the 2013 season is fairly bright in Tampa. However, there are areas of the defense that must improve if the Bucs are going to have any chance at a postseason run.

The pass-rush was just not good in Tampa a season ago. The defense finished with only 27 sacks, good for third to last in the entire league. Injuries played a big part in those 27 sacks, with Da’Quan Bowers and Adrian Clayborn both missing significant time. But the two defensive ends will be back this season and ready for week one, barring any setbacks.

Unlike Bowers, Clayborn has managed to play an entire season, so he doesn’t figure to be in a ‘last chance’ type of situation last like his fellow DE could be. Clayborn was drafted in the first round of 2011 to be a dominant pass-rusher, so far, he hasn’t quite got there.

He did record 7.5 sacks his rookie season, and showed glimpses of the player he can be. Clayborn has said that his knee injury really woke him up, and that he no longer takes the game for granted. So all indications are that he’s fully healthy, and that he’s as motivated as ever to succeed. These factors will lead to a breakout season for No. 94.

If Bowers can simultaneously reach his potential opposite of Clayborn on the d-line in 2013, the Bucs’ defense could go from good to great.

Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/07/12/tampa-bay-buccaneers-2013-breakout-candidate-adrian-clayborn/?A9j2q082XhooKtxj.99

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #1 : July 14, 2013, 02:00:33 AM »

We need him and Bowers to tear it up.   I think they can do it. Both are in the best shape of their careers.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #2 : July 14, 2013, 02:09:02 AM »

Banks.

He will be thrown to a LOT if he's presumably playing on the other side of revis. And if he's anything like he was in college, he should have a baller season. I think he will thrive under pressure.

Clayborn will have a solid season, but it might be too much to ask of him to come right back and become dominate/popular. Although, at some point, I do believe the guy makes it to a probowl.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

« #3 : July 14, 2013, 02:27:31 AM »

Why would they test banks when they can throw on wright? Lol. I think banks ends up as nickel....at for a little while. For some reason wright seems to fit what they want to do on d? Hopefully getting burnt isnt part of the scheme. Who knows, maybe some more hands on vets helps him I just dont see it.

With clayborn I think he breaks double digits and gets a good amount of pressures. Hes all motor and gets up field. With mccoy coming on he should see some nice looks. The real benefactor should be the des with an improved secondary and a healthy d line. How the gap assignments are, the des should be getting a good amount of 1 on 1s. If they leave a te to help of chip on one side, its likely the other side is getting a good matchup. Unless teams are going max protect guys should have good matchups. Its just what they do with them.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

tripblood

Hall of Famer

« #4 : July 14, 2013, 03:53:50 AM »

Our seasons success is largely dependent on the play of Freeman and our 2 defensive ends.

Show No MRSA..

FIRE SCHIANO!!!!

Its so hard for me to sit back on this forum, lookin at a guy on here, holler in\' my name!  When last year i spent more on 5 electric bills from this side of the country to the other, than you made! You\'re talkin to the Rolex wearing, diamond earring wearing, kiss-stealin, WOOOO!, wheelin dealin\', CTS drivin, jet-flyin sonofagun.. And I\'m havin a hard time holding these alligators down! WOOOO!
  Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2013 Breakout Candidate « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools