Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cam Newton: I'm a Falcons fan all but two days a year « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

youngone

Hall of Famer
#15 : July 15, 2013, 11:51:06 PM

Is anyone else glad we are not the ones who spent the 1st overall pick on this guy?
Yes.. I don't care that he's a falcons fan but he just seems like a tool.

I don't think his elevator goes all the way to the top.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 15, 2013, 11:58:35 PM

If you only draft players that are a fan of your team, then you will have a pretty awful team.

gone

Hall of Famer
#17 : July 16, 2013, 12:09:22 AM

It's like a QB saying he doesn't like to get hit because it hurts.  We get it, but it says something that you said it.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 16, 2013, 01:17:54 AM

Lol. He likes the logo. Get over it. He still wants to win

WC-Bucs fan

Starter

#19 : July 16, 2013, 02:17:21 AM

I'd bet money Josh Freeman is a Chiefs fan, since he was born in Kansas City. I don't see the big deal about a player being honest about which team he always liked.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#20 : July 16, 2013, 05:07:36 AM

I'd bet money Josh Freeman is a Chiefs fan, since he was born in Kansas City. I don't see the big deal about a player being honest about which team he always liked.

I know I'd be a fan of any team willing to write out millions of $ to me.

And he didn't say "liked" as in past tense. He's talking about right now.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

BerubesBucs

Hall of Famer

#21 : July 16, 2013, 06:44:05 AM

lol I can't believe how okay some of you are with Cam saying this. That's some heartless, chicken **CENSORED** right there from some of you. You're going to come out in the media and say you're a fan of your biggest rival?

I get that NFL players were fans before they played and if Cam Newton was a Falcons fan, or still has a soft spot for them, that's fine.... but why the need to come out and say it? You just don't do that. Guy is a certified moron and shame on any fan that lives and dies by their team defending a player that comes out and voluntarily says this kind of thing in the media. He's got a responsibility to his team. He's the face of his franchise. Wonder if Butkus ever came out and said he was a fan of the Packers all but two times a year?

Just stupid.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#22 : July 16, 2013, 06:55:01 AM

Is anyone else glad we are not the ones who spent the 1st overall pick on this guy?

I wasn't when the Panthers put 40+ on us, twice in 2011. Cam had 3 TDs in that 48-16 shellacking. I won't say that he's a worse QB than who we have.

His comments show that these guys aren't as dedicated to the team logo as we fans are. Some of us have been supporting our team's logo before these guys even knew that the NFL was. They're contractors working for the team that selected them in the draft (except Eil, John Elway, Bo Jackson).  Look at Carl Nicks - went from the Saints to the Bucs. If he hated the Bucs would he have done that?  Contractors working for the highest bidder.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#23 : July 16, 2013, 03:51:46 PM

I wonder if Peyton Manning said this about the Saints if the media or fans would be all over him?

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#24 : July 16, 2013, 03:55:21 PM

I wasn't when the Panthers put 40+ on us, twice in 2011. Cam had 3 TDs in that 48-16 shellacking. I won't say that he's a worse QB than who we have.

His comments show that these guys aren't as dedicated to the team logo as we fans are. Some of us have been supporting our team's logo before these guys even knew that the NFL was. They're contractors working for the team that selected them in the draft (except Eil, John Elway, Bo Jackson).  Look at Carl Nicks - went from the Saints to the Bucs. If he hated the Bucs would he have done that?  Contractors working for the highest bidder.

Pimpin up Cam on his stats on a team that outright quit on it's head coach and had very little NFL quality talent on those defense's (Thanks Dom) in those games doesn't say much about him. Cam to me is below Freeman, with his attitude, and sitting on the end of the bench with a towel over his head pouting when things don't go his way. Good QB's don't do that, they are talking to their coach or teammates trying to fix things. Cam has loads of talent but not much in the way of maturity and humility. Until he puts it all together he's the 4th best QB in the NFC South.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#25 : July 16, 2013, 03:59:44 PM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating

Cam Newton's stats weren't much better (QB rating wise) than our guy. That's all I'm saying. Oh, and player loyalty to the team that pays them is less than the everyday fan thinks.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#26 : July 16, 2013, 04:02:32 PM

As serious as people take this game, you better believe it's a big deal. If Freeman is a Chiefs fan, that is fine....but as long as he is a Buc he should never be seen wearing Chiefs gear or rooting for the Chiefs, and certainly never say that the Chiefs are his favorite team. With Cam it is even worse because his favorite team is in his own damn division. I'd be livid if I were a Panthers fan. I don't care who he liked growing up, the 1st overall pick and millions upon millions of dollars he gets from the Carolina Panthers should be enough to have his undivided allegiance....but he is a self centered moron, so I'm not really surprised.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#27 : July 16, 2013, 07:33:43 PM

I would be pretty pissed as a fan as well to be honest. He just doesnt need to say it. Sometimes less said the better. To say he is basically rooting for the 14 games a year blows if you are a fan of that team.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#28 : July 16, 2013, 07:54:27 PM

I wouldn't be pissed at all. Are they not regular people? Most players grow up watching other teams and stay loyal to that team as a fan.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#29 : July 16, 2013, 08:22:33 PM

I wouldn't be pissed at all. Are they not regular people? Most players grow up watching other teams and stay loyal to that team as a fan.

That's all fine and dandy to grow up liking them. That's not the point though.

He's talking about RIGHT NOW.

...its one thing to say, "I WAS a falcons fan" but its another to say, "I AM a fan."

I think freeman is a good QB, but the MINUTE he comes out spouting how much he is a fan of the Saints, falcons, panthers... He can't kick rocks fast enough.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cam Newton: I'm a Falcons fan all but two days a year « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools