Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs pleased with ticket sales as camp nears « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
: July 16, 2013, 09:45:52 AM

TAMPA - Although he won't guarantee the Tampa Bay Buccaneers will avoid blackouts this fall, chief operating officer Brian Ford said ticket sales for the upcoming season are brisk for a franchise blessed with an attractive home schedule.

With individual game tickets set to go on sale Wednesday, Ford is encouraged by the response to the club's initiatives toward increasing group sales and retaining season-ticket holders.

"Our (season ticket) renewal rate is equal to the glory years, back in the day, so it's not like we're digging out of a hole," Ford said Monday. "It helps we've got the best home schedule. Two prime-time games, one on a Monday night against Miami when Warren Sapp goes into our Ring of Honor, and a Thursday night game against a division rival (Carolina)."

According to the Bucs, overall ticket sales have increased by more than 60 percent from this point in 2012.

Ford, who joined the team in 2006, said the franchise is at a different stage in its development.

"It's not like we're a rebuilding team," he said, referencing fifth-year quarterback Josh Freeman and eight Pro Bowl players on the roster. "It's exciting, and that's what we're hearing from people.

"We held a (first-round) draft party when we didn't have a draft pick that night and it was the biggest one we've had. Right after July 4, we did a beach bash on Clearwater Beach and it was overwhelming. The excitement is just tenfold and people can't wait for the season to start."

The Bucs will once again partake in the NFL's softening blackout rules, permitting teams to set their threshold number needed for a television blackout to be lifted at 85 percent of overall capacity. In the past three seasons, 19 home games were blacked out locally.

"We're one of the few teams that took full advantage of the league's lower manifest last year and we're doing it again," Ford said. "That shows our commitment to the community that we will do everything we can within our power."

The Bucs have not raised ticket prices for the fifth consecutive year, Ford said, with 35 percent of seats at Raymond James Stadium featuring reduced prices in 2013.

Fans also will notice an upgrade in customer service at home games with the team's switch to a new food vendor, Aramark.

Tickets for the Sept. 15 home opener against the Saints have been on sale since June, and Ford said packing the stadium for that NFC South matchup remains a focal point for the organization.

"Our No. 1 goal is tied to selling out that New Orleans game because that's where it starts," Ford said. "That's why we put it on sale early. We know we're in the entertainment business. People have a choice. It's not a necessity. So we want to make our game-day experience compelling."

ikaufman@tampatrib.com

http://tbo.com/sports/bucs/bucs-pleased-with-ticket-sales-as-camp-nears-20130715/

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#1 : July 16, 2013, 09:58:03 AM

Even though I'm not in the area, and unfortunately will most likely not get the chance to go to a game this year, it's great to hear that sales are up and people are excited. Good for the franchise, the fan base and the entire city of Tampa.

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 16, 2013, 11:36:20 AM

Well, ethusiasm for this season should rival that off of the 10-6 year, although i expect a better outcome.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#3 : July 16, 2013, 03:46:41 PM

It'll be nice to have less games blacked out so the casual fan can see this exciting team.

My account rep has said sales have been better than last season. Can't wait for football to start.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#4 : July 16, 2013, 03:50:49 PM

If blackouts aren't going to happen, I'll likely unload my tickets via ticket exchange and hang out in the crib to watch the game

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#5 : July 16, 2013, 04:01:40 PM

If blackouts aren't going to happen, I'll likely unload my tickets via ticket exchange and hang out in the crib to watch the game

Have fun, nothing like going to a live game for me.

Don't get me wrong being at home is nice to, but the live gameday experience is just so awesome to me as a fan.

Formerly known as T

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#6 : July 16, 2013, 05:21:53 PM

Morgan, you and I will never see eye to eye on live vs. at home watching on television. While admittedly, there's been a few games in the last couple seasons where I would have rather been somewhere else - the Bucs gameday experience is just a tradition for me and my family. Just the experience of tailgating, getting into the game, feeling the crowd cheering (or booing) - the speed of NFL football. There's just things you can't simulate at home no matter how good your surround sound system is.

TampaBucks05

Hall of Famer
#7 : July 16, 2013, 05:52:04 PM

"If you build spend it, they will come."

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#8 : July 16, 2013, 06:15:24 PM

Great to hear. Revis can obviously sell a few seats.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#9 : July 16, 2013, 06:26:30 PM

Things my family do to simulate going to RayJay while staying at home........for that "In Stadium Experience"

1. I park my car outside in the heat and pay my neighbor $25 to do so. Got to get it nice 'n steamy inside for after the game.
2. Each of us frisk each other and go through all our belongings to pretend we're going to security at the RayJay entrance gate.
3. My 300-lb neighbor gets himself all sweaty and comes to my place and sits on my lap simulating the fatass with season tickets who sits to my left at RayJay and takes up half my seat and arm rest.
4. During game time, a family member blocks my view of the big screen HDTV simulating the idiot who likes to stand all game long and block the view of the people behind.
5. Family member turns off the air conditioning turns on the heater up to 95-degrees to make sure all of us experience the baking sensation found at RayJay during the months of Aug, Sept, October.
6. Family member brings me beer, asks for $10 each time ($8+$2 expected tip).
7. Every couple of minutes I get up out of my chair to simulate getting up for the guy in my row who gets up to take a piss, 3-4th time this half.
8. Family member blocks my view of the HDTV and waves opponent banner in front of me during key plays in the game simulating Falcon, Saint, Panther visiting fans that come to RayJay for the game.
9.Family member yells, "hey Freeman, you **CENSORED**in' suck! as loud as he can in my left ear every time Josh throws an incompletion.
10. Family jumps into hot car and sit and wait for 30-mins simulating getting out of the parking lots at RayJay.   Family member flips me off, pretending that I just cut him off while changing lanes while driving down Dale Mabry headed for I-275.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#10 : July 16, 2013, 06:43:47 PM

Things my family do to simulate going to RayJay while staying at home........for that "In Stadium Experience"

1. I park my car outside in the heat and pay my neighbor $25 to do so. Got to get it nice 'n steamy inside for after the game.
2. Each of us frisk each other and go through all our belongings to pretend we're going to security at the RayJay entrance gate.
3. My 300-lb neighbor gets himself all sweaty and comes to my place and sits on my lap simulating the fatass with season tickets who sits to my left at RayJay and takes up half my seat and arm rest.
4. During game time, a family member blocks my view of the big screen HDTV simulating the idiot who likes to stand all game long and block the view of the people behind.
5. Family member turns off the air conditioning turns on the heater up to 95-degrees to make sure all of us experience the baking sensation found at RayJay during the months of Aug, Sept, October.
7. Every couple of minutes I get up out of my chair to simulate getting up for the guy in my row who gets up to take a piss, 3-4th time this half.
8. Family member blocks my view of the HDTV and waves opponent banner in front of me during key plays in the game simulating Falcon, Saint, Panther visiting fans that come to RayJay for the game.
9.Family member yells, "hey Freeman, you **CENSORED**in' suck! as loud as he can in my left ear every time Josh throws an incompletion.
10. Family jumps into hot car and sit and wait for 30-mins simulating getting out of the parking lots at RayJay.   Family member flips me off, pretending that I just cut him off while changing lanes while driving down Dale Mabry headed for I-275.

Lol , that was pretty funny .....but despite all these truths , I still love going.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#11 : July 16, 2013, 06:47:51 PM

Well, you act like a child on here so a crib is appropriate.

Need your ba ba and binkie?

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#12 : July 16, 2013, 06:48:48 PM

Lol , that was pretty funny .....but despite all these truths , I still love going.

Same here.

Who buys beer at pro sports games? Then complains about it, it's kind of like going on vacation you know your going to spend money so why complain about it? I drink before the game, when it's cheap. I'll never understand this from other fans.

Formerly known as T

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#13 : July 16, 2013, 06:52:17 PM

I do the same thing - tank up before getting to Gate C.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#14 : July 16, 2013, 07:05:39 PM

I do the same thing - tank up before getting to Gate C.

Morgan, do you park in the Bucs lots?

I park behind the Yanks Spring training facility and it's always $10-15 and much easier to get out of then the stadium lots.

Formerly known as T

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs pleased with ticket sales as camp nears « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools