Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NEW PLAYERS, SCHIANO AND NEW CULTURE DRIVING TICKET SALES « previous next »
Page: 1 2

PewterReportMC

Hall of Famer
: July 16, 2013, 12:10:26 PM

Will the Buccaneers avoid the blackout blues this fall? Things are looking up according to Bucs Chief Operating Officer Brian Ford who spoke to the Tampa Tribune on Monday. With the arrival of high profile players like Darrelle Revis, along with a culture change from head coach Greg Schiano, it appears the Bucs are turning the attendance corner.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=8972

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler

#1 : July 16, 2013, 04:23:21 PM

Bucs should say that sales are low to get more people to buy tickets to avoid blackouts. Now people who are on the fence about tickets may not buy if the games are on TV. We have a lazy and unpassionate fan base.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 16, 2013, 05:05:04 PM

"We're one of the few teams that took full advantage of the league's lower manifest last year and we're doing it again," Ford told Kaufman in the Tribune report. "That shows our commitment to the community that we will do everything we can within our power."

Wouldn't doing "everything within our power" include buying up the remainder of the tickets?

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler

#3 : July 16, 2013, 06:27:55 PM

"We're one of the few teams that took full advantage of the league's lower manifest last year and we're doing it again," Ford told Kaufman in the Tribune report. "That shows our commitment to the community that we will do everything we can within our power."

Wouldn't doing "everything within our power" include buying up the remainder of the tickets?

I think lowering the blackout rule to 85% and buying the remainder of the tickets is quite a stretch. Bucs are doing their part, now it's time for the "fans" to do their part, and support the team.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 16, 2013, 06:46:22 PM

While I am fine with them not buying up the remainder of the tickets to get the games on the tube...saying that they are committed to doing "everything" within their power, isn't exactly true.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#5 : July 16, 2013, 08:34:05 PM

Any increase in ticket sales is all Revis.

Changing culture doesn't sell tickets.  Big time coaches players and winning sells tickets.

Jon Gruden sold out the stadium just like Sapp Brooks Barber and Lynch did. Big time players All drafted players too. There is only one reason why this year won't be sold out. Greg Schiano. While Freeman Was breaking franchise records for his prolific passing,  Schiano was breaking franchise records for worst pass defense even though by all accounts Schiano had more talent with the exact same corners plus Wright and LJ. Plus Barber and Barron at safety instead of Sean Jones and Tanard Jackson, , who were two of the worst in the NFL.

A proven NFL defense is not a luxury. It's a necessity.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Hate

Hall of Famer
#6 : July 16, 2013, 09:36:37 PM

While I am fine with them not buying up the remainder of the tickets to get the games on the tube...saying that they are committed to doing "everything" within their power, isn't exactly true.

C'mon man... According to that logic, they should just make all of the games free. Truth is, they have gone above and beyond.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#7 : July 16, 2013, 09:50:32 PM

Bucs should say that sales are low to get more people to buy tickets to avoid blackouts. Now people who are on the fence about tickets may not buy if the games are on TV. We have a lazy and unpassionate fan base.
Really? Iwould think the opposite. If i were on the fence i would be more apt to buy tickets knowing it would be a full house

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#8 : July 16, 2013, 10:18:48 PM

C'mon man... According to that logic, they should just make all of the games free. Truth is, they have gone above and beyond.

I'm not advocating that they buy up the remaining tickets.....I'm just stating that "everything" within their power would include buying them up, and we know that they aren't going to do that.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#9 : July 16, 2013, 10:21:53 PM

so then it should read everything within their power, within reason?

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#10 : July 16, 2013, 10:32:49 PM

Sure...I would leave out the "everything we can within our power" altogether, tho.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#11 : July 17, 2013, 01:05:45 PM

Changing culture doesn't sell tickets.  Big time coaches players and winning sells tickets.

Jon Gruden sold out the stadium just like Sapp Brooks Barber and Lynch did. Big time players All drafted players too. There is only one reason why this year won't be sold out. Greg Schiano. While Freeman Was breaking franchise records for his prolific passing,  Schiano was breaking franchise records for worst pass defense even though by all accounts Schiano had more talent with the exact same corners plus Wright and LJ. Plus Barber and Barron at safety instead of Sean Jones and Tanard Jackson, , who were two of the worst in the NFL.

Funny GR I don't remember Schiano playing one down at the DB position last year.  What game was that?

vicious00cycle

Starter
#12 : July 17, 2013, 02:18:05 PM

Dude. Just stop. Marty S. isn't coming here. By now, I think we all get that you hate Schiano and will never support the guy. If the team fails in any capacity, it's Coach's fault, any success is in spite of him.... Find yourself a straw and suck it up.

\\\\\\\"He doesn\\\\\\\'t want a people to rule so much as he wants puppets to entertain his madness.\\\\\\\"

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#13 : July 17, 2013, 02:27:35 PM

I guess the fans prefer players other GM's drafted over the ones drafted by Mark Dominik.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#14 : July 17, 2013, 07:05:03 PM

Amazing how actually investing into your own product sells tickets.  Tampa fans were a step ahead.       
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NEW PLAYERS, SCHIANO AND NEW CULTURE DRIVING TICKET SALES « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools