Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Williams has a beef with Bucs for wrongly portraying his career statistics « previous next »
Page: 1 2

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: July 17, 2013, 12:01:39 AM

Buccaneers' Mike Williams is angry about statistics, this time

By Sander Philipse

Jul 15 2013, 6:19pm

Derick E. Hingle-USA TODAY Sport

Mike Williams has a beef with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for wrongly portraying his career statistics. Except he's wrong. But at least it's entertaining.

Mike Williams' twitter account is certainly starting to turn into...something. After that little snafu with his baby mama/contract, he's just continuing a string of over the top tweets. Ah well, at least it's entertaining -- even when he's wrong. Like here:

BUC SITE SAY I started every game but 1 my whole CAREER YEA! good compliment but thats NT true I STARTED EVERY GAME MY WHOLE CAREE. FIX IT!
  * Mike Williams * (@Mikebuc19) July 15, 2013

Well, Mike, I'm sorry to break it to you -- but you're wrong. You started every game in your career, except one: the Week 9 game of the 2011 season against the New Orleans Saints. Because in that game, you weren't on the field on the first play of the game.

"@Bucs_Nation: Except He wasn't in the starting lineup for the week 9 game against the Saints in 2011." THAT'S WRONG I STAYED THAT GAME TOO.
  * Mike Williams * (@Mikebuc19) July 15, 2013

Using caps lock is not going to make you more right, Mike, sorry.

I know, I know. The way the NFL counts starters and the significance with which its used isn't really logical if you think about it for a few seconds (snap counts would be much more sensible), but that's just the way it's defined. The players on the field for the first play of the game are the starters. That's just the way it is. And you weren't on the field for the first play of the game.

Don't believe me? Well, look for yourself:

That's Arrelious Benn at the bottom, Demar Dotson, Kellen Winslow and Luke Stocker at the right side of the offensive line and Legarrette Blount in the backfield. It's obviously a run-heavy formation, and Benn was often on the field for those plays because he was a better run blocker. I don't see a Mike WIlliams anywhere on the field, there, though.

Not convinced it's Benn?

So, Mike Williams, you were not a starter for one game in your career. I hope you'll survive this terrifying blow to your statistics.

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/7/15/4526260/buccaneers-mike-williams-is-angry-about-statistics-this-time

youngone

Hall of Famer
#1 : July 17, 2013, 12:06:43 AM

Lol

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 17, 2013, 12:15:08 AM

Well, at least he's not roddy white...

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#3 : July 17, 2013, 01:50:54 AM

Mike, Mike, Mike.   

SMH

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 17, 2013, 04:40:41 AM

Its not benn.That's not the end-around play.

MW just had the misfortune of having a name/number labeling mishap.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#5 : July 17, 2013, 08:17:52 AM

I guess Mike isn't willing to take what we're offering so we'll let him play his contract out too.

You know when I heard that we asked him and his agent to let us get through the draft and then we'll try to resign him it struck me as funny. Mainly because it said to me, let's see how much money we have left after the Revis trade or non-trade. I think we if didn't trade for Revis, Mike would be signed. I'm unsure if Dom values him as much people think.

You would think he would want to resign him because Dom got a very good WR in the 4th round. But we already know that the Bucs aren't going to overpay you unless you're one of the best 3 or 4 in the NFL, ala Nicks, Goldson, Revis and Quincy Black.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 17, 2013, 09:00:09 AM

Technically Williams is wrong, but in the grand scheme of things, he's not.  If in any week of the season, the Packers run a wildcat play on the first play of the game, then technically, Rodgers didn't start.  Are we going to look at him any differently and say 'ooh, he missed a start in 2013'?  No.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#7 : July 17, 2013, 10:45:25 AM

Technically Williams is wrong, but in the grand scheme of things, he's not.  If in any week of the season, the Packers run a wildcat play on the first play of the game, then technically, Rodgers didn't start.  Are we going to look at him any differently and say 'ooh, he missed a start in 2013'?  No.
No but I don't hear anyone complaining but Mike.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#8 : July 17, 2013, 10:51:01 AM

Time for Mike to quit tweeting.

Lately all he has done is dig holes for himself and loook stupid.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#9 : July 17, 2013, 10:53:26 AM

Tis hard to twitter, and not look like a twit. Nothing but trouble for most athletes.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#10 : July 17, 2013, 12:03:42 PM

Tis hard to twitter, and not look like a twit. Nothing but trouble for most athletes.
LOL!  Good one VM.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#11 : July 17, 2013, 12:44:36 PM

I guess Mike isn't willing to take what we're offering so we'll let him play his contract out too.

You know when I heard that we asked him and his agent to let us get through the draft and then we'll try to resign him it struck me as funny. Mainly because it said to me, let's see how much money we have left after the Revis trade or non-trade. I think we if didn't trade for Revis, Mike would be signed. I'm unsure if Dom values him as much people think.

You would think he would want to resign him because Dom got a very good WR in the 4th round. But we already know that the Bucs aren't going to overpay you unless you're one of the best 3 or 4 in the NFL, ala Nicks, Goldson, Revis and Quincy Black.

"One of these things is not like the other"

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#12 : July 17, 2013, 02:44:33 PM

Dude isnt helping himself get a new contract here with this Twitter nonsense.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#13 : July 17, 2013, 02:48:06 PM

Is it me, or does a lot of players use twitter to be a crybaby?

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#14 : July 17, 2013, 05:00:55 PM

This is what happens when the players get bored during the long off season.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Williams has a beef with Bucs for wrongly portraying his career statistics « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools