Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING NEWS: BARTH TEARS HIS ACHILLES, OUT FOR 2013 - BUCS SIGN K TYNES « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#30 : July 17, 2013, 12:18:11 PM

Good job Barth, right when our team is primed for success. Right when we have everyone healthy. I saw you say you on twitter Friday that you were playing in this game and thought to myself, why is he playing bball, he probably will suck and get hurt. Why not a charity soccer game?......i hope this gets us out of his contract, i'm sure your days in Tampa are numbered now. So much for that extension. Will probably never be the same......Yayyyyyyyyy let the injuries begin..

Is that you James Van Der Beek?

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#31 : July 17, 2013, 12:20:44 PM

The crazy thing is I was about to go to that basketball game. Barth is from the same town as me and it was at my old rival high school. I'm suprised I didn't even hear a single word about it until now. I wonder if he'll ever be the same again after this...I'd think an Achilles injury would be really tough for a kicker. Glad we signed Tynes though...he's won two Super Bowls and kicked the game winner in two different NFC Championships. Thank God there was a good replacement waiting for us out there.

Live4BUCS

Second String

#32 : July 17, 2013, 12:22:23 PM

Nope, just an angry fan who saw it coming. I mean, a charity bball game? Aren't you just jogging around being goofy and enjoying yourself?.....how do you play so hard you tear an ACL?

Good job Barth, right when our team is primed for success. Right when we have everyone healthy. I saw you say you on twitter Friday that you were playing in this game and thought to myself, why is he playing bball, he probably will suck and get hurt. Why not a charity soccer game?......i hope this gets us out of his contract, i'm sure your days in Tampa are numbered now. So much for that extension. Will probably never be the same......Yayyyyyyyyy let the injuries begin..

Is that you James Van Der Beek?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#33 : July 17, 2013, 12:22:34 PM

...cause no one ever gets injured playing soccer....

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#34 : July 17, 2013, 12:30:48 PM

Vonta Leach, Marcell Dareus, Terrence Cooper, Jay Ross and like 4 other NFL players played in this game.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#35 : July 17, 2013, 12:33:56 PM

That's why there are "sports" like golf.

But I guess this is a good thing in a way. No one else on the team is going to be playing basketball on the side.

Which is as it should be anyway because it's not his profession and he gets paid to do something else and stay in shape. Fail and fail again.

If I moonlight a second job and get hurt, would my first employer be OK with it? He abandoned what he does for a living, for something he likes and he paid the price. I'm glad he was doing charity work, but jeebus, maybe something a little safer?

youngone

Hall of Famer
#36 : July 17, 2013, 12:38:52 PM

They don't.. They just pretend

Live4BUCS

Second String

#37 : July 17, 2013, 12:38:55 PM

Point being, atleast soccer is a sport he's probably familiar with. (Yes i believe all kickers have played soccer), he posted that he sucks at basketball, and when you suck at something you have more of a chance at injury. 

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#38 : July 17, 2013, 12:52:18 PM

Point being, atleast soccer is a sport he's probably familiar with. (Yes i believe all kickers have played soccer), he posted that he sucks at basketball, and when you suck at something you have more of a chance at injury. 

Yea and everyone knows white men can't jump.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#39 : July 17, 2013, 12:54:00 PM

Except Tom Chambers, Rick Barry, and Brian Leonard.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#40 : July 17, 2013, 12:55:46 PM

Somebody should tell them.

youngone

Hall of Famer
#41 : July 17, 2013, 12:57:06 PM

I say let them be... It's ok to be different.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#42 : July 17, 2013, 01:01:48 PM

I say let them be... It's ok to be different.
LOL!

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#43 : July 17, 2013, 01:11:19 PM

That sucks, hope he recovers. Hope the Bucs pay him.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#44 : July 17, 2013, 01:27:18 PM

Oh well. **CENSORED** happens.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING NEWS: BARTH TEARS HIS ACHILLES, OUT FOR 2013 - BUCS SIGN K TYNES « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools