Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING NEWS: BARTH TEARS HIS ACHILLES, OUT FOR 2013 - BUCS SIGN K TYNES « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

DEBUCSOWN

Starter

#75 : July 18, 2013, 02:33:16 AM

I thought I heard on the radio late this afternoon that the Bucs may not pick up the salary for this season.

They sure as hell shouldnt. They don't have to since it was a non football related injury. We are going to be tight when it comes to cap space next year so this'll free up a little bit at least.

Go Bucs

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#76 : July 18, 2013, 06:18:45 AM

They pay Barth, then they dumb.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#77 : July 18, 2013, 06:48:40 AM

Whoa; Tynes is already 35. Kickers usually kick around  longer, but still... Give him a full-time chauffeur and keep him away from sharp objects... 8)

you can count on Dominik bringing in 1-2 more kickers as he usually has done anyway during camp.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#78 : July 18, 2013, 07:38:27 AM

I don't know why anyone thinks we should pay him $2.3M this year when we don't have to. Sucks for him, but this is a business. These guys make millions every year to play a game, and if they can't play...then they don't get paid. Pretty simple.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#79 : July 18, 2013, 07:53:33 AM

I don't know why anyone thinks we should pay him $2.3M this year when we don't have to. Sucks for him, but this is a business. These guys make millions every year to play a game, and if they can't play...then they don't get paid. Pretty simple.

If he blew out his Achilles practicing field goals at One Buc , absolutely , pay him .

Playing basketball  ?? Tough shlt buddy . You gets nada.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Sharky

Rookie

#80 : July 18, 2013, 09:46:46 AM

This might be a bigger loss than some seem to be placing on it.

The man was an assassin from 40-49 yards. Think he missed 1 out of 13 from that range. And he had a pretty good boot on him. His range was much better than Tynes. Barth drilled 6 of 9 from deep, the longest being 57 yards. Pretty damn impressive. Tynes hit one fifty yarder. Pray the game doesn't come to a deep FG. Tynes might struggle with that acreage.
Indeed he will. We were always holding our breath with anything farther than 50 yards with Tynes. But if you need clutchnes and reliability in a more intermediate range, than he is your man. He is very accurate on the FG's that need to be consistently made. Good pickup for Tampa.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#81 : July 18, 2013, 09:56:13 AM

This might be a bigger loss than some seem to be placing on it.

The man was an assassin from 40-49 yards. Think he missed 1 out of 13 from that range. And he had a pretty good boot on him. His range was much better than Tynes. Barth drilled 6 of 9 from deep, the longest being 57 yards. Pretty damn impressive. Tynes hit one fifty yarder. Pray the game doesn't come to a deep FG. Tynes might struggle with that acreage.
Indeed he will. We were always holding our breath with anything farther than 50 yards with Tynes. But if you need clutchnes and reliability in a more intermediate range, than he is your man. He is very accurate on the FG's that need to be consistently made. Good pickup for Tampa.
Yeah. Seen enough of Tynes to know what he is. But Tampa has to consider extending drives a few more yards in this circumstance, unfortunately.

But then again, people might surprise ya. Matt Bryant's sniper shot against the Iggles was remarkable, and I thought we were dead meat. (61 yd game winner)

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#82 : July 18, 2013, 10:47:23 AM

JDouble:
"When you think about a kicker and his job, and you think about the actual injury of a torn achilles.....Barth might just be done."

I was thinking pretty much the opposite. The achilles pulls the foot down. The muscles and tendons involved in propelling the ball forward are located primarily on the front of the leg.

Sharky

Rookie

#83 : July 18, 2013, 11:37:01 AM

Matt Bryant's sniper shot against the Iggles was remarkable, and I thought we were dead meat. (61 yd game winner)
That is one of my all time favorite memories! Too see Philly go down is always a pleasure. McNabb's face was priceless!
: July 18, 2013, 12:10:38 PM Sharky

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#84 : July 18, 2013, 12:10:33 PM

Yeah. It sure was.

McNabb was puking all over that day.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#85 : July 18, 2013, 12:12:21 PM

Yeah. It sure was.

That was a great day in Buc world.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#86 : July 18, 2013, 12:59:34 PM

If he blew out his Achilles practicing field goals at One Buc , absolutely , pay him .

Playing basketball  ?? Tough shlt buddy . You gets nada.

Even injuries occurring during play often get medical settlements and an out by the NFL team - no reason for the Bucs to do different, even in this case. Connor is a smart dude and can make a comeback and/or find a real job.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#87 : July 18, 2013, 01:00:52 PM

Yeah. It sure was.

That was a great day in Buc world.

this day and several others make me say the Eagles are a big rival of ours  - (see rival thread).
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING NEWS: BARTH TEARS HIS ACHILLES, OUT FOR 2013 - BUCS SIGN K TYNES « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools