Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "The Mike and Mike offense." « previous next »
Page: 1

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: July 18, 2013, 12:00:04 AM

Sapp: Panthers' offense will thrive under ex-Bucs assistant Shula

Published: July 17, 2013

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -

Former Buccaneers defensive tackle and current NFL Network analyst Warren Sapp bumped into Carolina coach Ron Rivera this week and admitted he doesn't know much about Rivera's Panthers team.

But Sapp knows plenty about Panthers offensive coordinator Mike Shula, who ran the Bucs' offense when Sapp played in Tampa Bay.

Heard of the "Mike & Mike Show" on ESPN Radio? Well, Sapp said Tampa Bay's players referred to the Bucs' attack under Shula as the "Mike & Mike" offense because of Shula's reliance on fullback Mike Alstott.

"That's all we had. Mike calling it, faking it to Mike, throwing it to Mike," Sapp said. "Mike Shula to Mike Alstott, that's what we called it - the Mike and Mike offense."

The Bucs never finished higher than 22nd in total offense during Shula's four years as coordinator. But Sapp, in Charlotte for Bobcats president Fred Whitfield's annual golf tournament, believes Shula will be successful with more offensive weapons with Carolina.

"He's been dreaming up some stuff, I promise you. Mike will get it going," Sapp said. "He's going to find a way to get this offense moving. That's just what he does. He's a good offensive coordinator. I like Mike."

http://tbo.com/sports/bucs/sapp-panthers-offense-will-thrive-under-ex-bucs-assistant-shula-20130717/

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#1 : July 18, 2013, 02:44:32 AM

The Bucs never finished higher than 22nd in total offense during Shula's four years as coordinator

Not exactly a ringing endorsement. Warren should stick to commenting on defensive matters.  If Mike's last name is not what it is, I don't think he would still be bouncing around the league. Nor would he have been drafted at all.  Hell, Bama paid him 4mil to just go away.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: "The Mike and Mike offense." « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools