Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With a year under his belt, where would you rate Schiano among all NFL HC's ? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#15 : July 18, 2013, 09:53:47 AM

Agree the ranking is fair.  I'd put him above Frazier and Marvin Lewis, who I think sucks as a coach, but maybe that's just me.  I'd also rather have him than Rex Ryan but he does have two AFC championship appearances, hence his ranking.  I think Schiano will be much higher on next year's list.
Those are the three I think he is in a good position to pass this year as well.

DejaVu

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#16 : July 18, 2013, 10:09:47 AM

Probably around the 25th mark, give it take 1-2 spots.  Funny how the homers here think we can contend with the 3rd or 4th best QB and 3rd or 4th best HC in the division.

I think it's pretty clear that 4th is the slot, not 3rd.

I know ClassAct but I was trying to be kind.

You are such a homer.   It's good to stay optimistic like that though.

Fran Tarkenton, Hall of Fame QB said. \\\"Ive watched Freeman a lot. He just plays God-awful. Thats who you are. Its just a player being able to play or not play. Josh Freeman has proven to me that he cant play.\\\"

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#17 : July 18, 2013, 11:31:16 AM

Overall a pretty fair asessment.
Surprising since Prisco wrote it..

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 18, 2013, 12:11:54 PM

Tired of these rankings. Get the season going already!!

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#19 : July 18, 2013, 02:04:37 PM

Fair ranking IMO.

About the only one ahead of him, I would question is Frazier.

Rex Ryan

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#20 : July 18, 2013, 02:08:16 PM

Fair ranking IMO.

Rex Ryan
Rex Ryan owns playoff victories over Tom Brady and Peyton Manning on the road.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#21 : July 18, 2013, 02:20:09 PM

Fair ranking IMO.

Rex Ryan
Best argument you've ever made.  Well played.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#22 : July 18, 2013, 03:20:23 PM

Great coaches are always linked to great QBs. You can't have one without the other. I predict a top 10 ranking for Schiano after this season.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 18, 2013, 04:00:39 PM

Appropriate ranking.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#24 : July 18, 2013, 04:05:23 PM

Fair ranking IMO.

Rex Ryan

Oh he does? Really, what were his stats? Did he have a lot of TDs? What you mean is Rex Ryan owns the John Gruden award for inheriting a talented team then slowly, but surely, making bad decision after bad decision until the strong team that was the NY Jets is now butt fumble Sanchez. Yeah he's a hell of a coach for sure.

Also, if it was Rex Ryan that was responsible for those wins, why do they suck now? Did he forget how to coach? Or do the players actually matter more than the coaching?
: July 18, 2013, 04:07:08 PM BucNY

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

WC-Bucs fan

Starter

#25 : July 18, 2013, 04:14:57 PM

Give me Peyton Manning for a decade and I'd be on the top ten. It's impossible for fans to rank coaches, we don't sit in on meetings, film study, and words of wisdom during practice. All we see are press conferences and the games.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#26 : July 18, 2013, 04:36:36 PM

Give me Peyton Manning for a decade and I'd be on the top ten. It's impossible for fans to rank coaches, we don't sit in on meetings, film study, and words of wisdom during practice. All we see are press conferences and the games.
so you are saying Dungy was overrated?  Agreed. 

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#27 : July 18, 2013, 04:38:50 PM

Probably the most impressive thing is a coach going to the playoffs with QBs like Chris Simms, a over the hill Jeff Garcia, Brian Griese, and winning a SB with Brad Johnson. 

captainjimbo

Pro Bowler

#28 : July 18, 2013, 04:42:45 PM

Probably the most impressive thing is a coach going to the playoffs with QBs like Chris Simms, a over the hill Jeff Garcia, Brian Griese, and winning a SB with Brad Johnson.
Yea and we'd probably have Favre for a QB now.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#29 : July 18, 2013, 04:57:17 PM

Fair ranking IMO.

Rex Ryan

Oh he does? Really, what were his stats? Did he have a lot of TDs? What you mean is Rex Ryan owns the John Gruden award for inheriting a talented team then slowly, but surely, making bad decision after bad decision until the strong team that was the NY Jets is now butt fumble Sanchez. Yeah he's a hell of a coach for sure.

Also, if it was Rex Ryan that was responsible for those wins, why do they suck now? Did he forget how to coach? Or do the players actually matter more than the coaching?
Rex Ryan isn't the GM. Mike Tannenbaum had been with the Jets more than 10 years before Ryan got there. Coaches coach, scouts scout, and executives make decisions. Give Ryan some good players and he'll beat other teams with good players and even some with better players.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: With a year under his belt, where would you rate Schiano among all NFL HC's ? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools