Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Glennon confident « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 26

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#15 : July 23, 2013, 12:22:37 PM

"Mike Glennon confident"

Good.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

Sweep

Hall of Famer
#16 : July 23, 2013, 12:44:38 PM

Very intelligent. 

Its going to look to some people like a different play every time we use it, but pretty soon theyll be able to recognize it....by watching the official for the first-down signal.   -Vincent T. Lombardi

Bradspace

Pro Bowler

#17 : July 23, 2013, 01:18:32 PM

Mike "The Man" Glennon

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 23, 2013, 01:24:48 PM

I'm confident this was a wasted pick.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#19 : July 23, 2013, 01:46:03 PM

I'm confident this was a wasted pick.
+1

Its not a wasted pick guys. Schiano will eventually play him, it's "his" boy.

So there is some merit to it. You want to have your coach get the players he wants.

I just hope he doesn't push the issue IF freeman does slightly above average or better, then use Glennon as bargaining postureing, If he also plays a good game or two. By that time, it would be like trying to take down a giant tree with a hatchet. More foolish, than smart.

Also, I hope glennon won't make them put blinders on when it comes draft and we have the option of drafting one high.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#20 : July 23, 2013, 02:22:13 PM

Summya chicks are still pissed and will never get over it.
Don't I know. I felt the same way 4 years ago.
Still do.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#21 : July 23, 2013, 02:30:53 PM

So there is some merit to it. You want to have your coach get the players he wants.
That's great but often times the players coaches "want" end up sucking.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#22 : July 23, 2013, 02:46:59 PM

Glennon might be a stud.

None of you guys knows. None.

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 23, 2013, 02:48:41 PM

I go out on a limp and say a guy the staff does NOT want, often times ends up sucking even more. Its still the same hope for the good as with any other pick. 

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#24 : July 23, 2013, 03:01:23 PM

I go out on a limp and say a guy the staff does NOT want, often times ends up sucking even more. Its still the same hope for the good as with any other pick.

Hope and reality are different monsters. We "hoped" that mccown, gradcowski, leftfish, rattay, Garcia, etc would somehow be unbeatable.

This ranks right up there alongside a laundry list of bad ideas from the Bucs (if the idea is glennon is Freeman's eventual replacement). There will be much better group of QBs coming out next year I would much rather have leading this team. This only has the ability to go as far as Dallas has with romo, at best, so it's not much better than freeman IF Glennon is successful in this offense.

I would rather set my sights for better, not mediocre. Which is exactly what glennon will be. For our team's future, I sure hope freeman lights it up.

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#25 : July 23, 2013, 03:37:27 PM

Glennon might be a stud.

None of you guys knows. None.
True, but the Glennon haters retort would be we should have picked Barkley, Nassib etc.,
who's future success is completely unknown as well.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#26 : July 23, 2013, 03:40:10 PM

I'm glad they didn't wait for any of those 4th round schlock WCO QBs.

Dominik specialized in acquiring talented players who were bad fits for his coaches. - FootballOutsiders

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 23, 2013, 03:57:45 PM

Hope and reality are different monsters. We "hoped" that mccown, gradcowski, leftfish, rattay, Garcia, etc would somehow be unbeatable.

This ranks right up there alongside a laundry list of bad ideas from the Bucs (if the idea is glennon is Freeman's eventual replacement). There will be much better group of QBs coming out next year I would much rather have leading this team. This only has the ability to go as far as Dallas has with romo, at best, so it's not much better than freeman IF Glennon is successful in this offense.

I would rather set my sights for better, not mediocre. Which is exactly what glennon will be. For our team's future, I sure hope freeman lights it up.

xd, 'Hope and reality are two different mosters'... the strong QB of 2014 available to us is NOT reality. Putting the whole franchise on the should of just one 1st rounder (being our future) sounds like another bad idea, its only hoping for the better, far from realistic.  Lets see how much of a waste Glennon is when all the better, not mediocre, QBs are gone once we pick. Lets see how much of a waste Glennon is once he outplays your 1st rounder.

I would also like to have great QB leading our team, just just setting your sights for the better is not getting you one. I do not see us getting a guy like Bridgewater FOR SURE, to consider a 3rd rounder as my back up plan to  a wasted pick.

To get one of the great QB prospects next year, we most likely have to trade up. But this will only happen if the staff really likes one specific prospect, to justify maybe wasteing more than just one 1st rounder in case of a failure. Quite funny how a 3rd rounder the staff obviously likes is a wasted pick then.

Your plan does not call for any requirements for next years QB to take over this franchise. I would like to atleast see him earn the job over a mediocre guy like Glennon. Else his only 'quality' would be being there in the 1st round when we picked him.
As much as you seem to hate mediocrity, i still do not get how your plan makes us any BETTER. I rather have multiple guys to hope for being a great QB one day then just one guy, even if he came out of the awesome QB class of 2014.
Seriously do you really think we just go with Glennon the next few years? Next year we know alot more about Glennon and our chance on nice porspects,  your 'better' QBs next year are still just a hope, not realistically better ON THE FIELD.

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#28 : July 23, 2013, 04:03:23 PM

Of the bunch Glennon makes the most spence for this offense. Did the pick surprise me, yes, can I make a judgement on the merit of the pick, no. I have no crystal ball, and I'm sure there were some Pats fans calling Brady a waste of a 6th rd pick.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#29 : July 23, 2013, 04:12:54 PM

Stats, coaching styles, and pro-style systems between all college players, and him, suggest Glennon isn't anything special.

IF we have to restart the QB position, I'd much rather do it with a legit prospect, not a maybe-college-player. Not every late pick is going to be tom Brady already!

So, while you go out hunting a QB for years, I'd rather go for the guy with much more promise. How many times did Tampa already take that route and failed horribly?

So many QB's in the first that we passed on over the years that could've been had, and because our coach thought so-and-so player could "will" the team to win, we live with regret. I'll pass on that. We've seen guys like RG3 and Andrew luck light it up, cam came in and beat Manning records, Ryan was a third overall...point is, you have a much better chance obtaining a good QB in draft in the top 32, otherwise, they wouldn't have scouts, drafts, etc.

This glennon/Luke mccown clone was drafted in the third round of a very poor QB draft. It's just like asking for failure.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 26
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Glennon confident « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools