Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Glennon confident « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 26

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: July 23, 2013, 12:03:01 AM

Buccaneers  Mike Glennon confident

Tampa Bay Buccaneers QB Mike Glennon is confident as training camp approaches. "I feel way ahead of where I was at the beginning of (offseason workouts)," Glennon said. "I know what's going on out here. I still have a long way to go, but over the last few weeks, when I was at home, I had a chance to go back and kind of study the playbook a little more and I feel a lot more comfortable already. But I know I have a long way to go. "Right now, I feel like I have a general grasp of our offense. I have to get the details. That's what I'm going to try to accomplish during this preseason, knowing the details and knowing what each of the 11 guys is going to be doing on every play."

2013-07-22 17:41:02 |

Source: Tampa Bay Times - Stephen Holder

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=861653-buccaneers-mike-glennon-confident#ixzz2ZpuP6dmq

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#1 : July 23, 2013, 01:09:56 AM

Excellent - god forbid the wheels fall off the freetrain, we have a dude comfortable and understanding the offense - worst case we have a future starter, best case we have a ryan malett / matt cassel to trade - I like this pick due to his perceived intelligence and quick decision making (personally watched him beat the noles at the last second, his receivers did nothing to help him, but he still made it happen) - seemed very accurate

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 23, 2013, 08:01:29 AM

Baller.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#3 : July 23, 2013, 08:18:03 AM

I'm confident this was a wasted pick.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 23, 2013, 08:20:04 AM

The jury is still out on that question......for Freeman too.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : July 23, 2013, 08:27:04 AM

He is still entitled to feel confident. (Bucpride5)

But, I like the concept. I think I would have drafted Barkley/Nassib as a backup. But Glennon is growing on me. It was a smart pick, a contingency plan. Just not a QB I would have taken. This one has S's fingerprints all over it.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 23, 2013, 08:29:21 AM

Did someone photoshop Matt Ryan into a Bucs uniform?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#7 : July 23, 2013, 08:52:49 AM

Did someone photoshop Matt Ryan into a Bucs uniform?
Ba hahahahaha hahahahaha!!!

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#8 : July 23, 2013, 09:30:34 AM

Haha. I feel the same brother, but what's done is done so now all we can do is cross our fingers and hope we are wrong!

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#9 : July 23, 2013, 11:19:58 AM

I liked Nassib myself but don't hate Glennon. We'll see how he does after the preseason.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

XFactor

Hall of Famer

#10 : July 23, 2013, 11:46:38 AM

I liked Nassib myself but don't hate Glennon. We'll see how he does after the preseason.

Glennon was my favorite after EJ Manuel.  Wish we could have picked him up a round later but doubtful he would have been there with the run on QBs that happened at the top of the 4th.

CalicoJack55

Hall of Famer

#11 : July 23, 2013, 11:56:27 AM

He should feel confident... Period.

Dominik specialized in acquiring talented players who were bad fits for his coaches. - FootballOutsiders

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#12 : July 23, 2013, 11:58:08 AM

Glennon was my favorite after EJ Manuel.  Wish we could have picked him up a round later but doubtful he would have been there with the run on QBs that happened at the top of the 4th.

Actually, the Eagles started the 4th quarter run on QBs at pick 98 with Barkley.

Then the Giants took Nassib at 110.

Then the Raiders took Wilson at 112.

Then the Steelers took Landry Jones at 115.

We picked at 100....so we almost certainly could have taken Glennon in the 4th instead of the 3rd.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#13 : July 23, 2013, 12:17:21 PM

Actually, the Eagles started the 4th quarter run on QBs at pick 98 with Barkley.

Then the Giants took Nassib at 110.

Then the Raiders took Wilson at 112.

Then the Steelers took Landry Jones at 115.

We picked at 100....so we almost certainly could have taken Glennon in the 4th instead of the 3rd.

That's impossible to know . Other teams could have had a 3rd round grade on Glennon . It only takes one. Some experts had him ranked easily that high.

If he was the highest rated player on their board then they did the right thing picking him , instead of saying , " well , let's wait , maybe he will fall ." Whether that rating was correct is what they will be judged on later.
: July 23, 2013, 12:23:48 PM Fire Mark Dummynik

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

wreck ship

Hall of Famer

#14 : July 23, 2013, 12:18:57 PM

+1

philosophy is questions that may never be answered
religion is answers that may never be questioned
Page: 1 2 3 ... 26
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Glennon confident « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools