Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Glennon confident « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 26

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#30 : July 23, 2013, 04:33:18 PM

Stats, coaching styles, and pro-style systems between all college players, and him, suggest Glennon isn't anything special.
So many QB's in the first that we passed on over the years that could've been had,  We've seen guys like RG3 and Andrew luck light it up, cam came in and beat Manning records, Ryan was a third overall...point is, you have a much better chance obtaining a good QB in draft in the top 32, otherwise, they wouldn't have scouts, drafts, etc.
This glennon/Luke mccown clone was drafted in the third round of a very poor QB draft. It's just like asking for failure.
this is full of misinformation.  didnt glennon have similar stats to matt ryan and russ wilson?  didnt glennon play in a similar system as russ wilson?  didnt glennon have the same coaching as matt ryan and russ wilson?

how many star QB's have we passed on?  you have a better chance of obtaining a good QB if you pick in the top 2 picks each season...something the Bucs havent done all that often.  look at the guys you mentioned...none were around after pick 3.

and glennon is nothing like luke mccown.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#31 : July 23, 2013, 04:40:19 PM

didnt glennon have similar stats to matt ryan and russ wilson? 
College stats are completely meaningless when projecting pro QB's.

didnt glennon play in a similar system as russ wilson?  didnt glennon have the same coaching as matt ryan and russ wilson?
So did Quinton Porter, Paul Peterson, Brian St. Pierre, Tim Hasselbeck, and Scott Mutryn.

and glennon is nothing like luke mccown.
It's easy to think about how lousy McCown was in the NFL, but prior to that he threw 87 TD passes at La Tech.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#32 : July 23, 2013, 04:43:36 PM

odd that you didnt respond to benchwarmers analysis, i was just using his guidelines and statements.  and its also odd that you started by saying college stats are meaningless then gave me mccowns stats. 

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#33 : July 23, 2013, 05:16:09 PM

didnt glennon have similar stats to matt ryan and russ wilson? 
College stats are completely meaningless when projecting pro QB's.

I'd say if the stats you are comparing are guys from the same school , same scheme , and same talent surrounding them , like Glennon and Wilson  , then the stats probably do mean a LITTLE  when comparing ...

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#34 : July 23, 2013, 05:32:30 PM

odd that you didnt respond to benchwarmers analysis, i was just using his guidelines and statements.  and its also odd that you started by saying college stats are meaningless then gave me mccowns stats.

He mentioned mccown's stats as an example that numbers in college don't actually recreate themselves at the pro level. Otherwise, he would be somebody.

And the fact that he had similar coaching to ryan could be an indication of Glennon's lack of talent.

Here's a question. What was the toughest defense Glennon faced, and what was the toughest defense Ryan ever faced (in college of course)? Obviously, the answer doesn't matter, but its a safe bet glennon will only do as well in the pros, as he did against one of the better college defenses. Maybe slightly better because of surrounding cast talent.

Ryan had...Purvis to throw to.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#35 : July 23, 2013, 05:47:35 PM

I liked Nassib myself but don't hate Glennon. We'll see how he does after the preseason.

Glennon was my favorite after EJ Manuel.  Wish we could have picked him up a round later but doubtful he would have been there with the run on QBs that happened at the top of the 4th.

Actually, the Eagles started the 4th quarter run on QBs at pick 98 with Barkley.

Then the Giants took Nassib at 110.

Then the Raiders took Wilson at 112.

Then the Steelers took Landry Jones at 115.

We picked at 100....so we almost certainly could have taken Glennon in the 4th instead of the 3rd.
    Yeah but... Dom was smart enough to know the run was soon coming. I suspect Schiano had Glennon targetted, and didn't want to lose out on him. Eagles may have taken him at 98 if we hadn't taken him first in round 3. Worked out as we traded up to 100 to get Spence, and may have tried to trade up even higher. I get the impression Dom (read Schiano) played his cards very smart to end up with all 3 guys they had targetted (Banks, Glennon, Spence). Now is it smart to target a player?? Usually, no, but sometimes yes... ;D
 Remember Cossell did say based on displayed skill level, he'd have been fine with Glennon being taken in late round 1.

gone

Hall of Famer
#36 : July 23, 2013, 06:34:47 PM

He mentioned mccown's stats as an example that numbers in college don't actually recreate themselves at the pro level. Otherwise, he would be somebody.

And the fact that he had similar coaching to ryan could be an indication of Glennon's lack of talent.

Here's a question. What was the toughest defense Glennon faced, and what was the toughest defense Ryan ever faced (in college of course)? Obviously, the answer doesn't matter, but its a safe bet glennon will only do as well in the pros, as he did against one of the better college defenses. Maybe slightly better because of surrounding cast talent.

Funny you talk about his opponents but neglect to mention Glennon had **CENSORED** on his own team.  He also put up very similar stats to what Wilson did on the same team, so he accomplished approximately the same success with the same/similar weapons as Wilson did.  What does that mean?  Not much, which is about the same as your comparison's to Ryan's college results.

People want to hate on the guy so bad, but nobody knows what he'll turn out to be.  And you better get used to having him around.  PR's ridiculous "he's fighting Dan O for the backup spot" assertions aside, Gelnnon is going to be here for at least a few years, so you should just get over it.

gone

Hall of Famer
#37 : July 23, 2013, 06:35:04 PM

And Calico Jack, I love the sig.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#38 : July 23, 2013, 06:41:37 PM

Funny you talk about his opponents but neglect to mention Glennon had **CENSORED** on his own team.  He also put up very similar stats to what Wilson did on the same team, so he accomplished approximately the same success with the same/similar weapons as Wilson did.  What does that mean?  Not much, which is about the same as your comparison's to Ryan's college results.

People want to hate on the guy so bad, but nobody knows what he'll turn out to be.  And you better get used to having him around.  PR's ridiculous "he's fighting Dan O for the backup spot" assertions aside, Gelnnon is going to be here for at least a few years, so you should just get over it.

Not much else to really say on the subject. :)

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#39 : July 23, 2013, 07:02:11 PM

Here's a question. What was the toughest defense Glennon faced, and what was the toughest defense Ryan ever faced (in college of course)?
FSU?

sammich

Starter

#40 : July 24, 2013, 03:21:32 AM

So much hate for the guy.  At worst we have a backup qb on the cheap that fits our offense.  That is fine for a 3rd.  Anything more than that and he's a steal.  Time will tell.

Lord Bortles

Hall of Famer

#41 : July 24, 2013, 05:53:27 AM

So much hate for the guy.  At worst we have a backup qb on the cheap that fits our offense.  That is fine for a 3rd.  Anything more than that and he's a steal.  Time will tell.

It's not really hate for Glennon. We (I) are upset about the Giants snatching the talented DLmen we needed to draft while we went and got Glennon.

RD 1) QB B. Bortles/ T. Bridgewater/ J. Manziel
RD 2) WR Kelvin Benjamin/ A. Robinson/ D. Adams/ M. Lee/
RD 3) OG D. Dozier/ C. Richardson/
RD 5) WR D. Archer/ J. Huff/ M. Davis/ TJ Jones/ R Grant
RD 6) OLB P Shembo/ R. Powell/ - DE A. Lynch/ M Sam  RD 7) G B. Thomas (injured)

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#42 : July 24, 2013, 07:13:28 AM

It's pretty much this.
The key being, unlike some of the other QB's in the second wave, Glennon supposedly can make al the throws.
The haters say he wasn't a first so it's a blown pick, the optimists say he at least should develop into a decent # 2, maybe more.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#43 : July 24, 2013, 07:22:17 AM

So much hate for the guy. At worst we have a backup qb on the cheap that fits our offense.  That is fine for a 3rd.  Anything more than that and he's a steal.  Time will tell.

No. At worse we wasted a 3rd on a guy that can't play at this level as a starter or a back up.

Not saying that is what happened....but that is the worse case scenario.

Draft Aaron Donald

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#44 : July 24, 2013, 08:03:07 AM

It's not really hate for Glennon. We (I) are upset about the Giants snatching the talented DLmen we needed to draft while we went and got Glennon.

If that's the case , you should be happy , because the Giants already have so much depth on the Dline they cant possibly keep them all. Those talented D-lineman will end up on the PS where Dom can do his patented steal.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 26
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Glennon confident « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools