Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Glennon confident « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 26

freddy

Hall of Famer

#285 : July 28, 2013, 08:23:50 PM

If Dom has shown one weakness, it has been reaching in the draft. Often times even trading up in order to make the reach.
Well, I wouldn't limit this weaknesses to one, but the trades to jump a couple of picks, and some picks that seem premature are pretty easy to pick out.

Like jumping up a few spots to get Doug Martin?

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#286 : July 28, 2013, 08:26:16 PM

Coaches do have a major say in the draft board & evaluation, as they should. Now in free agency, the coach's voice is not heard quite as loudly by the GM... Schiano & Dom are no different. Now if the GM flat can't stand a player's choice of an agent, the GM's POV get's stronger.
     How many here REALLY think Josh Freeman was all Dom's doing?  Neither was Glennon...

You have inside knowledge of the process or are you making asumptions? Just curious.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#287 : July 28, 2013, 09:35:49 PM

Everyone assuming in this one, about all kinds of things IMO.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#288 : July 28, 2013, 09:41:49 PM

its a partnership in good organizations.

Exactly!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#289 : July 28, 2013, 10:56:35 PM

If Dom has shown one weakness, it has been reaching in the draft. Often times even trading up in order to make the reach.
Well, I wouldn't limit this weaknesses to one, but the trades to jump a couple of picks, and some picks that seem premature are pretty easy to pick out.

Stop trolling, you've been around long enough to know what a reach is.

freddy

Hall of Famer

#290 : July 29, 2013, 04:27:27 PM

I sure do, a reach is when posters have to go to extreme lengths to try and justify their otherwise unjustifiable positions, such as trying to justify why Glennon is a waste of a pick.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#291 : July 29, 2013, 05:25:49 PM

I sure do, a reach is when posters have to go to extreme lengths to try and justify their otherwise unjustifiable positions, such as trying to justify why Glennon is a waste of a pick.

Unless Glennon is a legitimate starting QB and better than Freeman, then yeah he was a waste. We already have a back up.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#292 : July 29, 2013, 05:48:12 PM

I was talking about Dominick as you know Freddy.  I know I don't need to list the two spot trade ups for you.  It is great that the Martin move turned out so well.  That's one so far.  As for Glennon being a waste of a pick - that is not proven yet, nor were picks traded to move up and get him.  So that is a similar situation - but not the one I was discussing.    (the first one being to pick Freeman)
: July 29, 2013, 05:57:13 PM dbucfan

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

QaZ

Hall of Famer

#293 : July 29, 2013, 05:53:28 PM

Unless Glennon is a legitimate starting QB and better than Freeman, then yeah he was a waste. We already have a back up.

Is he now a reach or a waste?
If he does not become a starter, then we should have picked somebody else, apllies to every pick by the way. But still no explaination why we should not have picked a QB.
If we could have gotten him later without any risk he was a reach, but so far you did not explain when we could have gotten him instead without a huge risk missing out on him.

You do not like Glennon? Nice, but this does not make him a reach or wasted pick.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#294 : July 29, 2013, 06:06:26 PM

By draft day, Doug Martin was unanimously considered the 2nd best back behind Trent Richardson, and was expected to be drafted on day one. Many mocks had him going as early as 20....so no. That was not an example of trading up to reach for a prospect. 

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#295 : July 29, 2013, 06:16:11 PM

Is he now a reach or a waste?
If he does not become a starter, then we should have picked somebody else, apllies to every pick by the way. But still no explaination why we should not have picked a QB.
If we could have gotten him later without any risk he was a reach, but so far you did not explain when we could have gotten him instead without a huge risk missing out on him.

You do not like Glennon? Nice, but this does not make him a reach or wasted pick.

He is a reach. He is a possible waste. I'm not explaining all the possible trade downs for Glennon. That can be your homework. As for ME liking Glennon? I don't know yet. He's got time to either boom or bust.

Now tell me. Is English your first language? I have trouble reading your posts sometimes. Reminds me of my Estonian friend.
: July 29, 2013, 06:20:42 PM Lord Freesus

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#296 : July 29, 2013, 06:25:32 PM

By draft day, Doug Martin was unanimously considered the 2nd best back behind Trent Richardson, and was expected to be drafted on day one. Many mocks had him going as early as 20....so no. That was not an example of trading up to reach for a prospect.
Just ask the Giants.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#297 : July 29, 2013, 06:27:42 PM

I'll believe he was worth a top 75 pick when he proves it. Until then, I think it was a waste of a pick. Stepfon Taylor, Corey Lemonier, Marquise Goodwin, Markus Wheaton, Logan Ryan, Brandon Williams, BW Webb, Khaseem Greene, or Stedman Bailey would have been nice....but there are probably 20 more guys I would have liked over Glennon at pick #73. Guess we'll see what happens.

Speaking of this draft.....anyone seen Eddie Lacy? Fat ars looks like a DT! lol.

Octagenarian

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#298 : July 29, 2013, 06:28:15 PM

Just ask the Giants.

That RB the Giants took ain't bad either.

Octagenarian

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#299 : July 29, 2013, 06:29:04 PM

I'll believe he was worth a top 75 pick when he proves it. Until then, I think it was a waste of a pick. Stepfon Taylor, Corey Lemonier, Marquise Goodwin, Markus Wheaton, Logan Ryan, Brandon Williams, BW Webb, Khaseem Greene, or Stedman Bailey would have been nice....but there are probably 20 more guys I would have liked over Glennon at pick #73. Guess we'll see what happens.

Speaking of this draft.....anyone seen Eddie Lacy? Fat ars looks like a DT! lol.

Now that's funny!   Reminds me of Shaun King his 2nd season.
Page: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 26
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Glennon confident « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools