Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Coach Schiano's interview today « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Theoldbuc

Starter

#15 : July 25, 2013, 11:52:51 AM

Schiano on QB competition:

After the season: "I believe in competition at every position!"

After draft: "Mike Glennon is competitive and could start this year."

After OTAs: "Josh Freeman is our quarterback"

Today, in response to the question is there anyway Mike Glennon can be your starter?: "Josh is our quarterback."

Translation: "After seeing them side by side, Glennon is good but he can't compare to a guy who has thrown for 4000 yards and 27 touchdowns in the NFL."

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 25, 2013, 12:01:47 PM

A more reasonable translation might be "It was never the plan for Glennon to immediately replace Freeman, and I'm tired of you idiots trying to create controversy where none exists, so I'm going to deny you the ammunition."

Octagenarian

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#17 : July 25, 2013, 12:39:47 PM

Glennon is good

Actually, I think the opposite.   Schiano stopped talking up Glennon after he realized how bad he was.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
#18 : July 25, 2013, 12:48:51 PM

Glennon is good

Actually, I think the opposite.   Schiano stopped talking up Glennon after he realized how bad he was.

^^^^^^yet another Java account?

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#19 : July 25, 2013, 12:49:11 PM

Nah he just knows to be more careful with his words now about the quarterback competition thing because of how much controversy it started. He needs Freeman to have the utmost confidence heading into the season.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#20 : July 25, 2013, 01:20:43 PM

Ya, he said a thousand times people misquoted him. Now he's being careful.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Theoldbuc

Starter

#21 : July 25, 2013, 03:44:29 PM

Ya, he said a thousand times people misquoted him. Now he's being careful.

More an issue of misinterpretation, than misquote,  I think. But after the draft he was pretty clear. Since the OTAs he's been pretty clear,  JF is his QB. I think he was hopeful to get his guy(Glennon) and then realized, it just isn't there. And now we get very clear statements.  No ambiguity, nor room to misinterpret.  But hey, I think there are black(not racist ;D) helicopters, too!

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#22 : July 25, 2013, 08:11:20 PM

Bottom line; it's Josh's job to lose... It happened in San Fran, it happened in Seattle... No reason it can't happen here. It's not EXPECTED to happen here anytime soon, but it could...

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 25, 2013, 08:12:54 PM

http://www.620wdae.com/cc-common/podcast/single_page.html?podcast=RonandIan&selected_podcast=Mark_Dominik_with_Ron_and_Ian_7-25_1374760777_26560.mp3

Dominik at camp - sounds like 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012....everything is rainbows and lollipops at OBP.

and at 31 other camps this time of year.

I'm certain you're not surprised.   Not sure who would be...

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Coach Schiano's interview today « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools