Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Toe « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

TampaBucks05

Pro Bowler
: July 24, 2013, 11:42:28 AM

No, this is not a thread about Jets HC Rex Ryan's fetish that he wholesomely shares with his wife.

In today's TC presser, coach Schiano mentioned Carl Nicks' toe is still in a bandage. This alarms me as I can't help but wonder if we inherited another Davin Joseph -- a skilled player who is oft injured -- from the Saints. Could be another tough loss if that thing doesn't heal quickly here --- it seems like its been an issue for almost a year now.

In other toe news, our starting punter now seems to be injured as he ''scrapped it chasing his kid on the beach'' [lol]. At least that injury isn't worrisome
: July 24, 2013, 11:48:53 AM TampaBucks05

seanbassak

Starter

#1 : July 24, 2013, 11:45:53 AM

Yeah that's a little worrisome. Give him some more rest during training camp, we don't need him jacking it up by playing through it again.

\\\\\\\"Not living, just killing time\\\\\\\"

meatwad4343

Starter

#2 : July 24, 2013, 12:07:37 PM

i just wonder how much better doug can be if he actually gets the chance to run behind two all pro guards

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#3 : July 24, 2013, 12:10:49 PM

Could be a major problem could be preventative. Definitely want more info on it

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#4 : July 24, 2013, 12:11:42 PM

i just wonder how much better doug can be if he actually gets the chance to run behind two all pro guards

Haven't you heard, blocking on little to do with rushing and passing effectiveness. Freeman would do not better with those 2 all pro guards, so with the same logic, Martin would do no better either.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

VinBucFan

Hall of Famer
#5 : July 24, 2013, 12:28:32 PM

Haven't you heard, blocking on little to do with rushing and passing effectiveness. Freeman would do not better with those 2 all pro guards, so with the same logic, Martin would do no better either.

well playd

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#6 : July 24, 2013, 12:42:20 PM

Still bandaged? Wow. Yea I remember reading his problem was pretty serious, especially if he kept neglecting it. Have to wonder at his size, is this something that can effect him for his career. or does it eventually heal fully and become no big deal.

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

#7 : July 24, 2013, 12:45:29 PM

Reaaally hope this isn't a bigger issue than we thought.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#8 : July 24, 2013, 12:48:54 PM

Reaaally hope this isn't a bigger issue than we thought.

I think the toe problem was a bigger issue them people realized, because you dont associate a toe injury as being significant. If I recall correctly though, If he let it get any worse before surgery, it could have ended his career.

Biff Barker

Pro Bowler

#9 : July 24, 2013, 12:59:24 PM

I was worried about this becoming career threatening  last year. Lots of body on top of that toe.
He played what, 7 games last year before going on IR? Color me dense, but that's a looong freeking time gone by to still be in a bandage or splint.
Maybe a protective taping?

Bucsfan x

Pro Bowler
#10 : July 24, 2013, 01:11:23 PM

I figured it would be healed by now.  I'm certainly worried.

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#11 : July 24, 2013, 01:28:27 PM

I know it's not exactly the same thing but didn't turf toe end Deion's career? 

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#12 : July 24, 2013, 01:31:16 PM

Obvioudly he is a sloooooooooooooooow heaaler. Seriously, a big concern.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#13 : July 24, 2013, 01:33:33 PM

Tampa Bay Buccaneers ‏@TBBuccaneers 1h
Coach Schiano says no Bucs will start camp on the PUP list. Carl Nicks and Davin Joseph will be on the field tomorrow.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#14 : July 24, 2013, 01:42:01 PM

The Bucs don't have 2 "all pro" guards.

Besides, guards are easier to cover for when injuries happen as opposed to OTs. Bostad did a tremendous job last year with the OL and even if Nicks isn't 100% or misses some time, the Bucs should not see the OL play drop to a level where it will effect the teams productivity on offense.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Toe « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools