Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Toe « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

youngone

Hall of Famer

#15 : July 24, 2013, 02:04:23 PM

i just wonder how much better doug can be if he actually gets the chance to run behind two all pro guards

The Bucs don't have 2 "all pro" guards.

Besides, guards are easier to cover for when injuries happen as opposed to OTs. Bostad did a tremendous job last year with the OL and even if Nicks isn't 100% or misses some time, the Bucs should not see the OL play drop to a level where it will effect the teams productivity on offense.
Lol as soon as I saw 2 all pro guards... I started a countdown.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#16 : July 24, 2013, 02:04:43 PM

i just wonder how much better doug can be if he actually gets the chance to run behind two all pro guards

Besides, guards are easier to cover for when injuries happen as opposed to OTs. Bostad did a tremendous job last year with the OL and even if Nicks isn't 100% or misses some time, the Bucs should not see the OL play drop to a level where it will effect the teams productivity on offense.

He means pro bowl, easy mistake to make. I'm excited to see how Freeman does with a little more time to read the defense and work his progressions. We know what doug can do, we've only seen the tip of the Freeman iceberg. That thing is a behemoth underneath!

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

gbobucsfan

Pro Bowler
#17 : July 24, 2013, 02:12:56 PM

He means pro bowl, easy mistake to make. I'm excited to see how Freeman does with a little more time to read the defense and work his progressions. We know what doug can do, we've only seen the tip of the Freeman iceberg. That thing is a behemoth underneath!

I hope you're right NY !  It would make the season so much more fun to see Free excel to his full potential! (and would keep my blood pressure down on Sundays) 

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 24, 2013, 02:14:36 PM

I think he needs to start running again. If he can break out of the pocket for 1st downs, it may force the defense to play less man and more zone against us to counteract. Less of a guessing game for him when reading defenses.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#19 : July 24, 2013, 02:27:48 PM

Color me scared.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#20 : July 24, 2013, 02:29:17 PM

I think in 2 years, Nicks, Penn and Joseph will be on the bus out of town as Bob Bostad will completeely revamp the line. Carmini, Dotson and possibly Zuttah will be the only survivors. if those three guys go, thats a lot of $$$$s to be spent on other positions.

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Bucpride5

Pro Bowler
#21 : July 24, 2013, 02:33:00 PM

This is what happens when you keep your fingers crossed that so many ket players will come back 100% from injury. Very scary time right now, lot of speculation, lot of media members and fans all of a sudden become Doctors.

Formerly known as T

I\'ll be optimistic until I see a reason not to be

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#22 : July 24, 2013, 02:35:12 PM

My only concern this year is depth, depth and depth. We have 22 solid starters but each year around 10 to 15 players at varying  levels go on the IR, if they are key players, it is a down season for sure.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#23 : July 24, 2013, 02:49:57 PM

I'm concerned that even if Nicks' toe is ok by week one....how is he in shape? If he's been laid up with a bad toe for almost a year now....how can he possibly be in shape?

Also, Stocker is out with a calf injury....dude is made of glass.

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#24 : July 24, 2013, 02:51:04 PM

I would reStock Stocker on the shelf

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#25 : July 24, 2013, 03:03:48 PM

Schiano did say when Nicks isn't on the field working, he'll be inside with Trainer Todd doing CARDIO to ensure he is in overall good shape stamina-wise.
     It's quite possible Cimini sees some time at G if Nicks or Joseph are hampered. Oue depth situation is vastly improved over last year. Not just new guys, but b/u's who logged major game minutes last season got a year under their belt going into this season...

pblepiscopal

Rookie
#26 : July 24, 2013, 03:10:18 PM

I was sitting next to Zach Strief, a Saints o-lineman, on the Chicago CTA train earlier this year. Aside from him being a part of the enemy, he was a super nice guy. I asked him about Carl Nicks, his former teammate, and he said that Carl's toe was severely injured while he was with the Saints. Apparently Nicks played most of his last season with the Saints on a bad toe. Zach was surprised the toe wasn't flagged during the free agent physical. I can't remember how he described the toe when we spoke, but it sounded bad.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 24, 2013, 03:53:14 PM

LMAO. I hope I made it in before the clock hit 00:00.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#28 : July 24, 2013, 04:06:19 PM

This is definitely concerning. I would have assumed Nicks was 100% months ago.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#29 : July 24, 2013, 04:08:01 PM

This is definitely concerning. I would have assumed Nicks was 100% months ago.

Agreed. Pretty bummed about this news. Starting to feel like this signing wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Toe « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools