Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Toe « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

« #30 : July 24, 2013, 04:10:09 PM »

This is definitely concerning. I would have assumed Nicks was 100% months ago.

Agreed. Pretty bummed about this news. Starting to feel like this signing wasn't all it was cracked up to be.
That said, I didn't think he was right all last season. It's not like he hurt himself in week 6 and went on IR a week later. He was never the player he was at his peak. This has been going on for a while.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #31 : July 24, 2013, 04:11:47 PM »

Agreed. Pretty bummed about this news. Starting to feel like this signing wasn't all it was cracked up to be.
they rarely are.  Think Redskins.  Think Eagles.  We already know Wright was a bad signing.  So far VJ looks good.  We will see about Nicks, Revis, and Goldson. 

chace1986

Hall of Famer

« #32 : July 24, 2013, 04:22:59 PM »

Still have a lot of guaranteed money to pay to him through the 2015 season because of his recent restructuring, so it's not like we can cut our losses completely anytime soon if he does struggle with staying on the field over the next few years. While it is concerning, it would hardly be season shattering if he somehow didn't end up playing in 2013. The OL without him would still be solid and the offense could still perform at more than an effective level. On paper, it would stink, but the Bucs would certainly survive.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #33 : July 24, 2013, 04:25:13 PM »

What's he weighing these days? 

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #34 : July 24, 2013, 04:54:40 PM »

Dated, but a general discussion of the injury

This week Tampa Bay Buccaneers placed left guard Carl Nicks on injured reserve with a torn plantar plate in his left big toe.

Nicks has been playing through the injury since the first week of the season. After toughing it out all season, he has decided to have surgery on the toe.

Teammate Ronde Barber described Nicks’ toe as “the size of two golf balls.”

Dr. Silverman Comments

A torn plantar plate is a dorsal (upwards) dislocation of the great toe.  This happens when the big toe hyper-extends and the tissues on the bottom of the toe tear.

The plantar plate consists of a conjoined tendon and ligament (much like the patellar tendon about the knee). It has 2 bones within the tissue that stabilize the great toe and improve push off power.

When the plantar plate is torn, the prognosis is almost always poor. When treated non-surgically the toe usually remains unstable and lacks good push off power.

In a landmark 1990s study, Dr. Scott Rodeo showed that repair of these injuries in football players acutely and in a delayed fashion could be performed with good results.

Nicks’ swelling will need to resolve over the next few days before surgery can be considered. Many doctors treat this problem non-surgically. While this is reasonable, with clear plantar plate ruptures, my preference is an acute repair of the tissue.

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

« #35 : July 24, 2013, 05:00:12 PM »

His Toe is on the line .

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

CalcuttaRain

Hall of Famer
« #36 : July 24, 2013, 05:55:49 PM »

His Toe is on the line .

but its a little crooked

Show the bravest of the brave kids that you have their back.  Go to http://www.childrenscancercenter.org/

Just check out the site or maybe like them on Facebook . .  or Share the site on Facebook, re-tweet one of their tweets.  Not everyone can give money to support this great cause, but its easy to give 10 seconds of your time to help spread the word about The Children\\\\\\\'s Cancer Center

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #37 : July 24, 2013, 05:58:37 PM »

As big as Nicks is....he probably hasn't seen that toe in years.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

« #38 : July 24, 2013, 06:30:06 PM »

What a bummer. I guess this kinda solidifies my position that you need to draft some OL so that you don't get to a point where you are desperate and pay a guy with a broken toe a boat load of guaranteed money.

Same as Joseph. His replacement should have been drafted years ago. Old OL, even great ones are always beat up from years of abuse and nobody plays through more injuries than OL.

Hope he gets better real soon and earns his money.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

bucsbum

Hall of Famer

« #39 : July 24, 2013, 06:49:49 PM »

I think it is time for Nicks to part ways with his toe. If it is still bandaged and it is hard for him to walk on. that ,eans he has been unable to run walk and skip for over a year. I do not care if you are the best football player ever 1 year of being a couch potato does not make you a probowl oL

iabucfan

Second String
« #40 : July 24, 2013, 06:50:13 PM »

Nicks is our Sgt. Hulka, he is our big toe!

youngone

Hall of Famer

« #41 : July 24, 2013, 08:27:12 PM »

Most likely its just precautionary.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #42 : July 24, 2013, 08:32:18 PM »

Man oh man. Ironically, I was going to start a thread about Nicks and that turf toe. Bad news. As big as he is...

Time to Ronnie Lott that sucker. Just kidding.

Get well Nicks. I hope to see this guy beat mo-fos up.

ufcguy32

Starter

« #43 : July 24, 2013, 09:15:23 PM »

i def expected him to be ready and davin ready months ago. both seem to be somewhat slow in healing. its been a close to a year now.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #44 : July 25, 2013, 10:23:22 AM »

"Nicks not 100%".....per Coach Schiano today.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Toe « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools