Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What Peyton Hillis could do for the Bucs « previous next »
Page: 1 2

IrishBuc

Second String

: July 25, 2013, 09:22:32 AM

Did a guest piece for the What the Buc crowd using a bit of video analysis as part of it.  I know there are a lot of Hillis fans on here, so thought tihs might interest you feedback, criticism and what not is appreciated.

Here you go: http://whatthebuc.net/2013/07/24/guest-piece-peyton-hillis-deep-dive/

Might see some fo y'all at the Ravens game or at training camp in a few weeks!

Octagenarian

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#1 : July 25, 2013, 09:28:08 AM

Hillis is a great addition to this team!

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#2 : July 25, 2013, 12:02:05 PM

You're a better writer than I was at 18.  If sports analysis is something you're interested in pursuing, I'd like to see some more stuff from you, IrishBuc.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#3 : July 25, 2013, 12:58:27 PM

No question he's got Alstott-like abilities, plus he started out as a FB so can also block, which Alstott was not so good at. In addition to backing up Doug, he could be paired with Doug to give us a legit 2nd option running or catching. If his head is right, we just upgraded our offense...

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#4 : July 25, 2013, 01:05:52 PM

Jackson, Williams, Ogletree, Martin, Hillis and Crabtree. Unstopable

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

Uncle Ted

Practice Squad

#5 : July 25, 2013, 01:07:40 PM

That was an interesting article IrishBuc.   It looks like you put a lot of work into it.  Thanks for posting it.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#6 : July 25, 2013, 01:58:29 PM

Well done, and greetings to Uncle Ted! :)

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#7 : July 25, 2013, 04:40:32 PM

While I'm not exactly ready to crown him the "new Alstott," I do think there is the potential to have a greater duo than Dunn/alstott.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#8 : July 25, 2013, 05:05:06 PM

heard his interview today and he sounds like he's not necessarily "in a good place" - sounds dejected, humbled.....and unsure of his role here.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#9 : July 25, 2013, 05:10:12 PM

heard his interview today and he sounds like he's not necessarily "in a good place" - sounds dejected, humbled.....and unsure of his role here.

He can either pout and watch his career come to an end , or play harder than ever with a chip on his shoulder . The choice is his.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#10 : July 25, 2013, 07:23:59 PM

@JennaLaineBucs:
Peyton Hillis: "I didn't handle myself correctly to people and the organization like the way I should"  https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BQDkHkrCMAEO9TX.jpg

At least he's able to admit is faults/mistakes.  Good on him.

I would have prefered McGahee on a 1-year deal, but I don't hate the Hillis addition.  Hopefully he can be an effective backup to Doug once he learns the offense.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#11 : July 25, 2013, 08:15:51 PM

To me he sounded genuinely humbled, recognized he had goofed, and now just wants to fit in somewhere. Our good fortune!

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#12 : July 25, 2013, 08:32:38 PM

To me he sounded genuinely humbled, recognized he had goofed, and now just wants to fit in somewhere. Our good fortune!

+1

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#13 : July 26, 2013, 01:58:11 AM

I'm not so worried if Doug goes down anymore.

Not because I think hillis is great or anything, but his running style is semi-comparable to that of Blount (minus the leaping), so theoretically, if martin gets hurt in the first few games, we should be able to expect Legarrette like numbers behind this offensive line. Which is still good enough to have a successful offense, considering the talented surrounding cast.

At least the guy has some experiance and can be used in different aspects of down-to-down play (such as blocker, FB, or maybe even line up at TE from time to time).

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#14 : July 26, 2013, 07:48:02 AM

Actually not minus the leaping. Hillis jumps over people also.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What Peyton Hillis could do for the Bucs « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools