Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Matt Ryan signs $103 million dollar deal « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#15 : July 25, 2013, 08:32:51 PM

He's worth it.  Although is a huge D-nozzle.

And more importantly - they should also re-sign Mike Smith (he's a jackhole - who'll keep these guys out of the big show consistently.)   :)

(That's a win for Buc fans.)

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#16 : July 25, 2013, 08:39:39 PM

And more importantly - they should also re-sign Mike Smith (he's a jackhole - who'll keep these guys out of the big show consistently.)   :)

i am HATE..... and i fully endorse this message!!

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#17 : July 25, 2013, 10:31:17 PM

Is it also a win for Bucs fans when we get beat by them or when they win division titles?

...them being kept out of the SB sounds more like a consolation prize than it does a "win"

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 26, 2013, 12:05:09 AM

Why even ask that?   Pretty clear that the message was Smith will make them Perrenial losers.   No reflection on the Bucs w/l record.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#19 : July 26, 2013, 12:14:22 AM

Rhetorical question, with the purpose of showing that the Falcons losing in the playoffs is nothing more than a consolation prize since they have been in the post-season for the last few years while the Bucs were watching on the couch just like we were.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#20 : July 27, 2013, 09:04:49 PM

This might have something to do with his contract....

http://kickoffcoverage.com/post/56647960223/stat-of-the-day-teams-with-the-best-win-loss

Blaze688

Hall of Famer

#21 : July 27, 2013, 09:48:25 PM

This might have something to do with his contract....

http://kickoffcoverage.com/post/56647960223/stat-of-the-day-teams-with-the-best-win-loss

Damn, it's been tough in the NFC South over the last few seasons.  The fact that the Saints and Falcons both made that list with one eighth of their games being played against each other is... wow.  Something else.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#22 : July 27, 2013, 10:50:04 PM

Is it also a win for Bucs fans when we get beat by them or when they win division titles?

...them being kept out of the SB sounds more like a consolation prize than it does a "win"

They are something like 6-18 in the playoffs overall.  I know that is not all Matty and Smith. But their team seems to lack the where with all to win it all. They may make the playoffs, but advancing is another story.

I think the Bucs are building a team that can win it all, not just make the dance.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 28, 2013, 09:37:23 AM

They are something like 6-18 in the playoffs overall.  I know that is not all Matty and Smith. But their team seems to lack the where with all to win it all. They may make the playoffs, but advancing is another story.

I think the Bucs are building a team that can win it all, not just make the dance.
funny how y'all are ignoring the little fact they went to the NFC championship game. 

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#24 : July 28, 2013, 11:37:49 AM

They are 56-24 in the regular season since Smith and Ryan took over five years ago. Say what you will about their post season success, but at least they are getting there. They have been in the play offs 4 out of 5 years. The one year they didn't make it, they were still 9-7.

We have been 33-47 in that same time span and had zero post season games.

Just saying it's kinda funny to hear people try to put that regime down, when they have been 1000x better and consistent than the Bucs over the last 5 years. Let's be real.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#25 : July 28, 2013, 11:45:37 AM

Or how their window is closing even though their franchise QB is entering his prime.  Most of the same people were saying how the Julio Jones trade was going to kill them yet they have only gotten better.  Even funnier is those same people say how their team has no stars and is aging out of one side of their mouths and with the other side say how Ryan isn't all that becsuse he has all that talent to work with.  Yeah I get that Buc fans don't like the Falcons and I have hated them since McKay jumped ship but as jdub said, lets get real!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#26 : July 28, 2013, 12:03:55 PM

Couldn't put away the Seachickens, and has won one playoff game.

He is Tony Romo part deuce.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 28, 2013, 12:17:18 PM

They are 56-24 in the regular season since Smith and Ryan took over five years ago. Say what you will about their post season success, but at least they are getting there. They have been in the play offs 4 out of 5 years. The one year they didn't make it, they were still 9-7.

We have been 33-47 in that same time span and had zero post season games.

Just saying it's kinda funny to hear people try to put that regime down, when they have been 1000x better and consistent than the Bucs over the last 5 years. Let's be real.

I also find it funny when I read the "their window is closing" or "their window has closed", when most of their starters are under 30 and the only player who is on their last leg is Gonzo.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#28 : July 28, 2013, 12:20:31 PM

Couldn't put away the Seachickens, and has won one playoff game.

He is Tony Romo part deuce.

Wrong. Tony Romo sat for four years before starting while Matt Ryan started immediately.....and yet the Cowboys have only been to the playoffs twice in the last 8 years.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#29 : July 28, 2013, 12:47:53 PM

You are talking about career arc.

I am talking about one playoff win, failure to get a loaded team to the promised land.

Romo is Ryan. You are wrong.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Matt Ryan signs $103 million dollar deal « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools