Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Glennon confident « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 24 25 26

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#375 : July 31, 2013, 07:39:43 PM

Awesome thread. Josh johnson does have potential.....oh wait, I mean luke mccown... tampa fans and their backup qbs. Just as sad as the stadium attendance the last fewyears. At least the backups at other positions get to play and not just hold a clipboard yet none of those guys get talked about. Yet we still have 25pages on a guy whos only chance of seeing the field is injury or the guy in front of him bombing horribly.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

gone

Hall of Famer
#376 : July 31, 2013, 08:08:12 PM

Awesome thread. Josh johnson does have potential.....oh wait, I mean luke mccown... tampa fans and their backup qbs. Just as sad as the stadium attendance the last fewyears. At least the backups at other positions get to play and not just hold a clipboard yet none of those guys get talked about. Yet we still have 25pages on a guy whos only chance of seeing the field is injury or the guy in front of him bombing horribly.

If you read the 25 pages you'd notice the majority of the posts actually aren't about him, but rather the draft pick and the philosophy behind it. 

Nobody is in love with our backup QBs like you're implying.  Actually it's quite the opposite.  There are a lot of people hating on the pick because they either wanted someone else there, or they see him as a threat to Josh or an indication the team has limited faith in him.  Nobody is lobbying for him to replace Josh right now.

Lord Jenkins

Hall of Famer

#377 : August 01, 2013, 03:45:30 AM

If Dom has shown one weakness, it has been reaching in the draft. Often times even trading up in order to make the reach.
Well, I wouldn't limit this weaknesses to one, but the trades to jump a couple of picks, and some picks that seem premature are pretty easy to pick out.

Like jumping up a few spots to get Doug Martin?

Stop trolling, you've been around long enough to know what a reach is.

I sure do, a reach is when posters have to go to extreme lengths to try and justify their otherwise unjustifiable positions, such as trying to justify why Glennon is a waste of a pick.

Unless Glennon is a legitimate starting QB and better than Freeman, then yeah he was a waste. We already have a back up.

And yet, before you even allow him to try and accomplish your criteria, you have already declared him a waste. If he is a total failure, like any pick that fails, then yes it would be a waste, but for now, he is just a rookie trying to make the squad and help the team.

Read the words I type and try again. I never declared him a waste.

Page: 1 ... 24 25 26
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mike Glennon confident « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools