Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It seems like DTN will be a natural fit as a starting LDE? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 7

alldaway

Hall of Famer

: August 15, 2013, 12:39:14 PM

Unless Bowers can show him up that seems like the case no?

http://www.nfl.com/player/danielte%27o-nesheim/496863/profile

He has everything you want out of a LDE...maybe he could be 10 lbs heavier but that would hinder his game.  It is all about leverage and short area agility.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 15, 2013, 12:48:21 PM

Big downgrade from Bennett

BucsOnDeck88

Pro Bowler

#2 : August 15, 2013, 12:55:27 PM

I actually like DTN. He is a player with a very high motor and don't forget that he was a part of the NFL's #1 run defense in 2012. He isn't much of a pass rusher, but i think Clayborn (barring an injury) is going to hold that role down nicely this season. I wouldn't be worried of we have DTN & Clayborn starting on the DL for the majority of the 2013 season. I think the only issue right now is the NT & the depth behind McCoy, Clayborn, DTN, & Bowers. If we can stay healthy on the DL, I think we will be solid up front.
: August 15, 2013, 12:57:00 PM BucsOnDeck24

Its ok, Ive been here before... - Lovie Smith    ---------     Hes a great coach, hes been there before. - Lavonte David
Hes a great coach.  - Mike Evans

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 15, 2013, 01:41:02 PM

"i think Clayborn (barring an injury) is going to hold that role down nicely this season."

Without a viable threat on the other side, he's going to get chipped on every passing down.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 15, 2013, 01:46:06 PM

It is a wash with AC back.

I think 2013 AC/DTN combo can be better than the 2012 Bennett/DTN combo from my view.

Without a viable threat on the other side, he's going to get chipped on every passing down

Leaving McCoy 1v1 on the inside is going to be a gamble if teams choose to chip AC. On passing downs Landri/Bowers/Gholston will line up next to McCoy and teams will have a hard time letting one of these guys go 1v1. 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 15, 2013, 01:47:49 PM

"i think Clayborn (barring an injury) is going to hold that role down nicely this season."

Without a viable threat on the other side, he's going to get chipped on every passing down.
Eh left tackles get paid what they get paid to block pass rushers one-on-one. Clayborn is going to have to turn into Lawrence Taylor to get chipped on every play. He's not important enough to get that kind of attention from offensive coordinators. Coaches will let him get a sack here or there and have their backs catching passes or picking up blitzers.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 15, 2013, 02:05:26 PM

Still going to have to scheme to get the pressure.

At least until one other DE steps up IMO.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 15, 2013, 02:06:05 PM

I think 2013 AC/DTN combo can be better than the 2012 Bennett/DTN combo from my view.

And AC/MB combo would be better than both

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 15, 2013, 02:08:15 PM

So best case scenario our pass rush will be a wash with what it was last year....I guess that's good...what were we ranked again last year? 

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 15, 2013, 02:10:24 PM

I think WORST case its a wash with what it was last year.   But hey, that's just me.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 15, 2013, 02:18:26 PM

DTN was one of the worst pass rushing DE's in the NFL last season. The more he's on the field the worse off we're going to be.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Naismith

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 15, 2013, 02:26:58 PM

DTN's third year is pretty comparable to Bennett's third year. Hopefully he makes a leap in his fourth season like Bennett did.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 15, 2013, 02:38:38 PM

And AC/MB combo would be better than both

Brad, Bennett is on a ONE year deal with the hawks (who has buddies there), and a busted up arm.

How much help do you really think he would be here? Even If dom had resigned him, we'd still be talking about these other guys because we wouldn't be too sure of Bennett.

Bennett is not a big deal, and we aren't even sure we'd get the same player...and isn't that what we're worried about with Clay and DTN...we don't know?

I'm not saying DTN will be worth anything, but I am saying he's an unknown, same with bowers, same with Clay coming off injury, and certainly the same with "one hit wonder?" Sorry man, I just cannot agree that bennett would make much of a difference. I say let the young guys shine.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Ryan Nassib

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#13 : August 15, 2013, 03:42:20 PM

We messed up neglecting our DLine. Bennet, Freeney or Abraham would of made too much sense,.

The Cannon Rides the Wave, Do You?? 2013: The Dream Season

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#14 : August 15, 2013, 04:04:27 PM

im looking at 12 sacks for DTN this year

Page: 1 2 3 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It seems like DTN will be a natural fit as a starting LDE? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools