Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It seems like DTN will be a natural fit as a starting LDE? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 15, 2013, 06:43:49 PM

Big downgrade from Bennett

It is a wash with AC back.

I think 2013 AC/DTN combo can be better than the 2012 Bennett/DTN combo from my view.

And AC/MB combo would be better than both

Brad, Bennett is on a ONE year deal with the hawks (who has buddies there), and a busted up arm.

How much help do you really think he would be here? Even If dom had resigned him, we'd still be talking about these other guys because we wouldn't be too sure of Bennett.

Bennett is not a big deal, and we aren't even sure we'd get the same player...and isn't that what we're worried about with Clay and DTN...we don't know?

I'm not saying DTN will be worth anything, but I am saying he's an unknown, same with bowers, same with Clay coming off injury, and certainly the same with "one hit wonder?" Sorry man, I just cannot agree that bennett would make much of a difference. I say let the young guys shine.

Come on, Bennett is light years better than DTN and racked up 9 sacks last year with the same injury.  With all the talk about competition around here, Bowers was just handed the job.  Why not make him earn it?

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#31 : August 15, 2013, 06:55:23 PM

Still think it will be Clayborn and Bowers to start the season.

Bowers is just not in football shape yet.

Coach knows what he is doing, He is playing the tough love card on Bowers

DaQuan needs to get his mind off getting hurt and play aggressive, he has the talent to become a PRO BOWLER.

All I really know is that he was really fun to watch at Clemson.

Why is he NOT in shape?  He came BACK from the injury so that's a pretty weak excuse.  This board has been full of excuses for years now.  I'm pretty sick of them.  Excuses for Freeman, Dom, Raheem, Schiano and everyone else.  Enough is enough is enough.  Time to stop the excuses and start winning.

you sound a little frustrated, and nobody here will fix that for you.  your issue is with a football organization, not with the message board that talks about it

find me one post that hints at an excuse for bowers being out of shape coming into this training camp.  do it, ill wait

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 15, 2013, 07:03:46 PM

I don't think Bennett was really light years ahead of DTN. DTN is now in a better position. He has a year under his belt and Bennett himself didn't start producing until last year.

DTN may not match Bennetts numbers from last year but I believe that he will be close. He is entering year 4 when most DL really start to blossom. He has a great anchor and is a great fit at LDE. He is tenacious and never slows down. He will never have the explosiveness of Bennett but other than that he is quite comparable.

I can see 7 sacks and 7 from Clay. That would match last year's DE output.

I like this move. I'll even give Schiano credit for allowing the competition to be real instead of handing Bowers the job. We just avoided A Kyle Moore v2.0 situation.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#33 : August 15, 2013, 07:15:55 PM

Well it seems people were willing to give Bennet 4 years to have a good season.. Sack count 1,1,4,9   Te'o 1, 0, 4, TBD  Why is Te'o not given the same leeway for a breakout?

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 15, 2013, 07:24:55 PM

DaQuan needs to get his mind off getting hurt and play aggressive, he has the talent to become a PRO BOWLER.

Why is he NOT in shape?  He came BACK from the injury so that's a pretty weak excuse.  This board has been full of excuses for years now.  I'm pretty sick of them.  Excuses for Freeman, Dom, Raheem, Schiano and everyone else.  Enough is enough is enough.  Time to stop the excuses and start winning.

you sound a little frustrated, and nobody here will fix that for you.  your issue is with a football organization, not with the message board that talks about it

find me one post that hints at an excuse for bowers being out of shape coming into this training camp.  do it, ill wait

Again...why is this loser out of shape to begin with?  He is in the doghouse already and is looking like ANOTHER Mark Dominik lineman BUST.

You mentioned getting hurt...that makes zero sense since he already came back last season.  I don't get that at all.

Ryan Nassib

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#35 : August 15, 2013, 07:26:17 PM

Well it seems people were willing to give Bennet 4 years to have a good season.. Sack count 1,1,4,9   Te'o 1, 0, 4, TBD  Why is Te'o not given the same leeway for a breakout?

Take your homer glasses off. Bennet> Te'o

The Cannon Rides the Wave, Do You?? 2013: The Dream Season

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#36 : August 15, 2013, 07:30:36 PM

Not a homer thing. That may very well be true but in his second year people surely werent screaming for Bennet iirc. Is it not possible for DTN to breakout as a pass rusher?

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 15, 2013, 07:35:08 PM

Not a homer thing. That may very well be true but in his second year people surely werent screaming for Bennet iirc. Is it not possible for DTN to breakout as a pass rusher?

Definitely possible,

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 15, 2013, 07:48:03 PM

Unfortunately, I would not say it is a "good' possibility.

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 15, 2013, 07:56:32 PM

I see lots of potential in DTN's game . It's not crazy to think he can become a  guy who hovers around the 8 sack range, which is all Bennett is at this point.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#40 : August 15, 2013, 07:57:35 PM

Again...why is this loser out of shape to begin with?  He is in the doghouse already and is looking like ANOTHER Mark Dominik lineman BUST.

You mentioned getting hurt...that makes zero sense since he already came back last season.  I don't get that at all.

haha dude nobody here knows Daquan Bowers personally, so at best, you're just gonna get speculation here.  I think you have the pewterreport red board confused for Daquan Bowers' friends and family members
: August 15, 2013, 08:04:46 PM beardmcdoug

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 15, 2013, 08:11:05 PM

huh?  nobody here knows Daquan Bowers personally, so at best, you're just gonna get speculation here.  I think you have the pewterreport red board confused for Daquan Bowers' friends and family members.  u sound like a deranged drunk coming around here demanding answers like that

Listen pal.  This...place...here...is what we call a message board.  Mmmm, kay?  This is a place for ANYONE to voice their opinions.  Bowers is a big disappointment.  Who comes to camp out of shape when you are being counted on for so much? 

I think it is comical for you, Mr Bowers, to come on here and tell us how to post...lol.

beardmcdoug

Pro Bowler

#42 : August 15, 2013, 08:26:02 PM

huh?  nobody here knows Daquan Bowers personally, so at best, you're just gonna get speculation here.  I think you have the pewterreport red board confused for Daquan Bowers' friends and family members.  u sound like a deranged drunk coming around here demanding answers like that

Listen pal.  This...place...here...is what we call a message board.  Mmmm, kay?  This is a place for ANYONE to voice their opinions.  Bowers is a big disappointment.  Who comes to camp out of shape when you are being counted on for so much? 

I think it is comical for you, Mr Bowers, to come on here and tell us how to post...lol.

but i'm sensitive about my weight so i had to say something!

;D haha im just saying, nobody has the answer to why bowers is out of shape right now, and I don't think anybody is trying to cover his ass for being out of shape!  what we can discuss though is the plan is for the future, and the maximization of production at the LDE position, including but not limited to, the speculated potential of DTN and/or schiano's coaching approach towards DB... which I ultimately believe will lead to success for Bowers if he puts in the required work... its just gonna be an uphill battle for his fat ass.... cause right now, DTN has (somehow) shown schiano that he's a "buccaneer man"
: August 15, 2013, 08:30:09 PM beardmcdoug

Bucfucious

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 15, 2013, 08:32:28 PM

I would have more confidence if DTN had won the job, instead of Bowers having lost it.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#44 : August 15, 2013, 08:34:45 PM

Amazing to think we could of had Bennet, Abraham or Freeney.
we could have had bennett, abraham AND freeney!  instead of trading for revis we could have moved up and drafted milliner!  we could have traded clayborn for stephon gilmore!  we would have been uh Mazing!

go back to your regular screenname.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It seems like DTN will be a natural fit as a starting LDE? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools