Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It seems like DTN will be a natural fit as a starting LDE? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#90 : August 17, 2013, 08:52:15 AM

I can't say I disagree.   He's faced Other and Volmer so far...  they're no slouches.

Next week its Jonathan Martin.   Maybe a little more evenly matched ...

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

Good time to be a Bucs fan.

Naismith

Hall of Famer
#91 : August 17, 2013, 12:28:34 PM

I like DTN, but man, I like him a lot more as depth.

There\'s a very real chance the Bucs waive [Revis] before next season. At the very least, it will be a discussion worth having.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#92 : August 18, 2013, 06:59:33 PM

After watching Bowers last night ,in his second pre season game, DTN is a shoe in...that is sad lol..

We should all be thankful. Te'o has the motor to start and I believe has a chance to come close to last year's production at LDE.

Bowers doesnt have the motor to start and will be better coming off the bench.

The players are in the right position now IMO. Gotta give Schiano credit for smart thinking on the rare chance that he does something smart.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#93 : August 19, 2013, 05:28:20 PM

9 sacks is hard to replace but 6-7 sacks from LDE is doable for DTN.  DTN is being vastly underestimated at this point but you can see the progress he has made since coming into the NFL.  He is on the right track but needs to put it all together now.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#94 : August 19, 2013, 05:31:34 PM

9 sacks is hard to replace but 6-7 sacks from LDE is doable for DTN.  DTN is being vastly underestimated at this point but you can see the progress he has made since coming into the NFL.  He is on the right track but needs to put it all together now.

Its certainly possible.

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#95 : August 19, 2013, 07:45:43 PM

I said in another thread... LDE is less important with a healthy Spence, McCoy and Clayborn.

DTNs motor and Bowers bull rush is a good combo used correctly.  At least until Bowers gets his stamina
sufficient for every down.

Who knew how good it would feel as a fan when we now know what it\'s like for our team to have a direction, an attitude, and dare I say an offense?.  

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

#96 : August 19, 2013, 08:56:49 PM

I like DTN starting with Bowers coming of the bench. I see Clayborn being the big time pass rushing DE with DTN and Bowers having the opportunity get more 1 on 1. 

blind melon

Hall of Famer

#97 : August 19, 2013, 10:11:40 PM

Opposing teams have to choose who to double and who to chip...

That leaves someone having to win their one on one... 

Anyone care to make a list of RTs our LDE will face this season ?

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#98 : August 20, 2013, 12:06:26 PM

Big downgrade from Bennett

Last year he was in terms of pass rushing. I think you'll see more improvement from DTN and Bennett drop off hard!

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#99 : August 20, 2013, 12:08:36 PM

DTN/Scott/Bowers combo I think it will be alright.

The question is though who will win the job?
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: It seems like DTN will be a natural fit as a starting LDE? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools