Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Real Fan. No Troll. Start Glennon. Really. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 19

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#150 : August 17, 2013, 01:02:06 PM

I just think its highly unrealistic that Glennon starts because he has played well in a few preseason games. Don't see it happening.

Octagenarian

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#151 : August 17, 2013, 01:03:12 PM

I just think its highly unrealistic that Glennon starts because he has played well in a few preseason games.

Glennon isn't ready to start.   But Freeman never will be any good.   Might as well roll with Glennon now and give him some experience.   He's going to give the Bucs the best chance to win going forward.   

Snook

Hall of Famer
#152 : August 17, 2013, 01:06:34 PM

I just think its highly unrealistic that Glennon starts because he has played well in a few preseason games.

Glennon isn't ready to start.   But Freeman never will be any good.   Might as well roll with Glennon now and give him some experience.   He's going to give the Bucs the best chance to win going forward.

How is he not ready to start?  This is just something that is repeated by fans because they heard someone else say it.

Was Freeman ready to start in 2009?  Not really.  And in my opinion, he's still not ready to start.

At least Glennon had a real coach in college and proved himself in a conference other than the Big 12 against wet paper defenses.  He won a big game against Florida State last year.  Who did Freeman ever beat in college?

This "ready to start" stuff is garbage.  Was Russell Wilson ready to start?  He sure looked good in pre-season last year.  Its a good thing his head coach didn't have that dumb mindset.

But you're definitely correct.... Glennon gives the Bucs the best chance to win moving forward.

Octagenarian

Starter

#153 : August 17, 2013, 01:17:50 PM

I agree with you that Freeman still isn't ready to start and that Glennon is more ready to start than Freeman is.    I don't think Glennon is ready to win the Super Bowl this year is the only reason I say he isn't ready to start.   But indeed, he could start this year and the team would be more competitive than they would be with Freeman.   If they do start Glennon this year, I look for the Bucs to be a team to contend with in years going forward.   If they stick with Freeman, I look for them to remain mediocre at best.

Snook

Hall of Famer
#154 : August 17, 2013, 01:21:09 PM

I agree with you that Freeman still isn't ready to start and that Glennon is more ready to start than Freeman is.    I don't think Glennon is ready to win the Super Bowl this year is the only reason I say he isn't ready to start.   But indeed, he could start this year and the team would be more competitive than they would be with Freeman.   If they do start Glennon this year, I look for the Bucs to be a team to contend with in years going forward.   If they stick with Freeman, I look for them to remain mediocre at best.

We're surely not going to win the Super Bowl with either one of them.  But we know what Freeman brings. He can't win a big game.  EVER. 

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#155 : August 17, 2013, 01:27:01 PM

I just think its highly unrealistic that Glennon starts because he has played well in a few preseason games. Don't see it happening.
of course it won't happen.

Not until Freeman throws stinkers in 5 consecutive games to prove once again that he'll always be "inconsistent"

Maybe then it'll finally be time for someone to sit him

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#156 : August 17, 2013, 01:29:38 PM

of course it won't happen.

Not until Freeman throws stinkers in 5 consecutive games to prove once again that he'll always be "inconsistent"

Maybe then it'll finally be time for someone to sit him

Maybe. Till then I think Freeman starts.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#157 : August 17, 2013, 01:31:24 PM

What does Josh have to do to remain the starter? I want to know what the bar is? He's had one winning season. And the talent has gotten better since then.

mgchat76

Pro Bowler
#158 : August 17, 2013, 01:32:14 PM

I'm not a Free hater, and am one of the few on this board that thinks he can still improve and be an above average QB.  With that being said, even if he does improve he isn't worth what the Bucs would have to pay him to keep him in pewter next season.  IMHO, the only QB in the league that can justify a huge contract is Rodgers.  Peyton, Brees, and Brady are getting too old to sign to a huge multiyear contract.  Flacco and Ryan's contracts will handicap their teams in future years.  Rodgers contract will too, but at least he has the arm talent to overcome having less talent around him.

I may be misrepresenting this stat because I heard it on a sports radio show around the time Flacco signed his contract, but I believe they said that since the Broncos won their back-to-back SB's only the Steelers and Giants (their 2nd titles) have won the whole thing with a QB getting paid in the top 3 of their team.  The better formula is having a good QB in the last years of their rookie contract.

That's why I don't think Freeman will be here next season, even if we make a playoff run.  If you can trade him and get something in return for him, then pull the trigger.  For those of you that think that they won't be able to even get a 2nd rounder for him are just blinded by your hatred.  He's still a young player with decent stats, a live arm, and lots of starting experience.  If the Chiefs would give up 2 2nd rounders for Alex Smith, then a team would surely give us a multi pick package with at least that included.  Freeman would also have to sign a new multiyear contract for it to go down.    I don't see that happening until the offseason, though. 

Best case scenario...Freeman plays well enough to get us to the playoffs, and Glennon continues to impress in preseason and practice.  The Bucs tag Freeman in the offseason, but then deal him for a good package of picks.  We'll still have a QB, cap space, and a bevy of draft picks.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#159 : August 17, 2013, 01:32:59 PM

Regardless...Freeman is our man ..can't dump it all on him..

Ryan Nassib

Starter

#160 : August 17, 2013, 01:34:12 PM

Doug Martin, Mike Williams, Vincent Jackson, what more does this punk need to succeed?

The Cannon Rides the Wave, Do You?? 2013: The Dream Season

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#161 : August 17, 2013, 01:35:30 PM

What does Josh have to do to remain the starter? I want to know what the bar is? He's had one winning season. And the talent has gotten better since then.

It's gotten better since last season. I think if we had a healthy Revis and Goldson on our team last year it's a playoff team. This year we could be a playoff team. That's why I feel uncomfortable with a rookie in there at the moment. And I'm not about to give up on Freeman after a couple of preseason games. I don't think the coaching staff will either.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#162 : August 17, 2013, 01:36:10 PM

Doug Martin, Mike Williams, Vincent Jackson, what more does this punk need to succeed?

A defense that's not last in the league in nearly everything.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

Hall of Famer
#163 : August 17, 2013, 01:40:47 PM

It's gotten better since last season. I think if we had a healthy Revis and Goldson on our team last year it's a playoff team. This year we could be a playoff team. That's why I feel uncomfortable with a rookie in there at the moment. And I'm not about to give up on Freeman after a couple of preseason games. I don't think the coaching staff will either.
didn't answer the question. What does Freeman need to do to remain the starter?

Revis won't make Freeman better.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#164 : August 17, 2013, 01:42:59 PM

didn't answer the question. What does Freeman need to do to remain the starter?

Revis won't make Freeman better.

Be more consistent which is possible. He was top 10 in TDs and yards last year if he is able to put more of the good plays out there that he's been capable of more consistently then I'd say he deserves to be our starter. But that's Freeman for you. We will have to see how he does because he's going to get the shot I think whether we like it or not.
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 19
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Real Fan. No Troll. Start Glennon. Really. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools