Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Real Fan. No Troll. Start Glennon. Really. « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 19

gone

Hall of Famer
#180 : August 17, 2013, 08:07:24 PM

It's like studying a tribe of baboons that worship Java in some strange ritual.

Someone knows this board.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#181 : August 17, 2013, 08:36:23 PM

For those suggesting trading Freeman ...to who ? Which team is going to want to start over with a new QB this late in camp.

I dont think even the Raiders are stupid enough to try that.

Their fans are writing off this season. And debating Clowney or Bridegwater?  And Bridgewater is winning the argument big time.  There is also talk of them moving to LA once again.  Stadium issues in Oakland.   So looking ahead, there is at least a chance, next season the LA Raiders will be starting Teddy Bridgewater.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#182 : August 17, 2013, 10:07:12 PM

For those suggesting trading Freeman ...to who ? Which team is going to want to start over with a new QB this late in camp.

If the Raiders were willing to give up two 1sts for an old ass Carson Palmer when he was still hurt.....they'd go for Freeman.

Also, Jags, Cardinals, Jets, and Titans would probably be interested.

Draft Aaron Donald

Dolorous Jason

Hall of Famer

#183 : August 17, 2013, 10:12:13 PM

If the Raiders were willing to give up two 1sts for an old ass Carson Palmer when he was still hurt.....they'd go for Freeman.

Also, Jags, Cardinals, Jets, and Titans would probably be interested.

Possibly ...I think it'd be a longshot though . If you could pull it off I'd get on board.

What is your point? I was wrong? Ok. You win. I was wrong.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#184 : August 17, 2013, 10:27:00 PM

I don't think it's a longshot. If we made the calls and let everyone know Freeman was available, I'd bet money that some desperate team would call back immediately.

Draft Aaron Donald

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#185 : August 17, 2013, 11:04:32 PM

Btw I'd consider it a steal to get a 2nd for him.

muvlodge

Pro Bowler
#186 : August 17, 2013, 11:05:00 PM

You guys make it hard to be a  bucs fan. Yes lets make or decision on 2 meaning less preseason games without knowing the game plan,  real practice, and what goes down in the meeting rooms. yes lets start glennon because he looks good playing 2 quarters against 2nd and 3rd string guy.

I think last night opened a lot of our eyes about what is really going on at One Buc. Basically, the Freeman era is over.   It is clear that with them selecting Glennon where they did in the draft and how they are using him in practice/preseason games that they want to know what this guy can handle.  Why would they do this if they were grooming him to be a back up to josh???  Normally they would just let him get his usual reps and soak up as much as he can little by little.  Instead they are leaving him in there for almost the entire game and they are letting him pass the ball quite often and quite deep.  I may be wrong but I would not be surprised at all if they were to name him the starter after week 4 if Freeman plays badly after 4 games.  This is basically a cram session to try and get him to swallow as much of the playbook as possible.  This is definitely the guy to do it.  I think we have a poor man's Matt Ryan.

Bottom line is they are just covering all their bases like any smart front office, coaching staff and owner would do. Freeman is gonna ask the Glazers to open up their checkbook to the tune of $100+ million after this season. Beyond QB, that kind of financial commitment will effect the well-being of the entire franchise for a half a decade or longer.....especially if they guess wrong (e.g. Jets Sanchez contract). Honestly, if you were the Glazers, would you sign that check after seeing the ups and downs of Josh Freeman over the past 4 1/2 years or would you find a cheap, reasonable facsimile and commit your team's financial resources elsewhere?

Unless he wins 10+ games and gets a bid into the playoffs, NO I would NOT open my checkbook if I were the Glazers.  I am always an eternal optimist with the BUCS but I just don't have good feelings about Freeman at this point.  I really think that not having a contract is hurting him mentally, he already gets rattled and having that looming over his head probably isn't good for business.  I hate to be a downer but I truly think the writing is on the wall or read between the lines or you get the point.  They would never have spent a 3rd RD pick on a back up QB when we already have a prototypical career backup.  Glennon isn't here for competition, he is here to go to work.  He is the guy that is going to be taking Josh Freeman's job. When?  That's debatable.

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
#187 : August 17, 2013, 11:06:40 PM

I don't think it's a longshot. If we made the calls and let everyone know Freeman was available, I'd bet money that some desperate team would call back immediately.

Before Friday's game you were calling me an idiot for wanting Glennon to start. Now you are talking about trading Freeman. HA...HA...

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#188 : August 17, 2013, 11:11:48 PM

Not gonna lie. Glennon looks REALLY COMFORTABLE in the pocket.

Enhanced Cranston Logo - \"Alan Cranston-- You\'ve Just Been Warholled!\"

gone

Hall of Famer
#189 : August 17, 2013, 11:13:55 PM

You guys make it hard to be a  bucs fan. Yes lets make or decision on 2 meaning less preseason games without knowing the game plan,  real practice, and what goes down in the meeting rooms. yes lets start glennon because he looks good playing 2 quarters against 2nd and 3rd string guy.

I think last night opened a lot of our eyes about what is really going on at One Buc. Basically, the Freeman era is over.   It is clear that with them selecting Glennon where they did in the draft and how they are using him in practice/preseason games that they want to know what this guy can handle.  Why would they do this if they were grooming him to be a back up to josh???  Normally they would just let him get his usual reps and soak up as much as he can little by little.  Instead they are leaving him in there for almost the entire game and they are letting him pass the ball quite often and quite deep.  I may be wrong but I would not be surprised at all if they were to name him the starter after week 4 if Freeman plays badly after 4 games.  This is basically a cram session to try and get him to swallow as much of the playbook as possible.  This is definitely the guy to do it.  I think we have a poor man's Matt Ryan.

Bottom line is they are just covering all their bases like any smart front office, coaching staff and owner would do. Freeman is gonna ask the Glazers to open up their checkbook to the tune of $100+ million after this season. Beyond QB, that kind of financial commitment will effect the well-being of the entire franchise for a half a decade or longer.....especially if they guess wrong (e.g. Jets Sanchez contract). Honestly, if you were the Glazers, would you sign that check after seeing the ups and downs of Josh Freeman over the past 4 1/2 years or would you find a cheap, reasonable facsimile and commit your team's financial resources elsewhere?

Unless he wins 10+ games and gets a bid into the playoffs, NO I would NOT open my checkbook if I were the Glazers.  I am always an eternal optimist with the BUCS but I just don't have good feelings about Freeman at this point.  I really think that not having a contract is hurting him mentally, he already gets rattled and having that looming over his head probably isn't good for business.  I hate to be a downer but I truly think the writing is on the wall or read between the lines or you get the point.  They would never have spent a 3rd RD pick on a back up QB when we already have a prototypical career backup.  Glennon isn't here for competition, he is here to go to work.  He is the guy that is going to be taking Josh Freeman's job. When?  That's debatable.

I don't really know about that honestly.  We have seen very little of Glennon, and while it looks good, there are so many caveats right now that I'm not crowning him. 

This offseason I wanted the team to spend a second or third on a QB.  I got pretty ripped for that.  My reasoning was that I don't think Josh is an answer, and they needed to start looking for one sooner rather than later.  That they should do their research and pick the guy they like the best and see if they can develop him in time.  If not, it's not a huge pick to lose and the guy will probably be a decent backup at least.  But if it does work out, you have gotten something for a third, and sooner, than if you commit to Josh for a full year and end up spending a first or more next year.  The team obviously took that approach.  I don't think they were determined to replace Josh with Glennon.  But they were preparing for the possibility and hoping to save themselves an earlier pick in the future if it worked out.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#190 : August 17, 2013, 11:20:34 PM

Against scrubs or not. Glennon continues to show he has the abilities to develop into a starting QB. He is not afraid of the rush, he keeps his eyes downfield. His only real mistake last night was that INT, but rookies will make that mistake. Freeman still makes that mistake today and sometimes multiple times in 1 game. I love Glennon accuracy on deep throws too.

lolTampa

Hall of Famer
#191 : August 17, 2013, 11:22:40 PM

Against scrubs or not. Glennon continues to show he has the abilities to develop into a starting QB. He is not afraid of the rush, he keeps his eyes downfield. His only real mistake last night was that INT, but rookies will make that mistake. Freeman still makes that mistake today and sometimes multiple times in 1 game. I love Glennon accuracy on deep throws too.

He reminds me of a young Peyton Manning the way he controls the offense.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#192 : August 18, 2013, 12:55:33 AM

I was gonna say Peyton Manning too!

Ryan Nassib

User is banned from postingMuted
Starter

#193 : August 18, 2013, 01:00:06 AM

He may end up being better as good as Peyton one day. Vjack and Mike Williams will really help him.

The Cannon Rides the Wave, Do You?? 2013: The Dream Season

BigSombrero1

Rookie

#194 : August 18, 2013, 02:23:25 AM

Never even considered the possibility of trading Freeman and heres why, if we began trade talks then teams would already know we didn't want him.  Why wouldn't they just wait until he is a free agent next season and get him without giving anything up?  I guess maybe it could work if a team really wanted him and didn't want to have to compete with other teams to get him but still, they would have to be prepared to give him an extension mid season. 

Either way, im kind of with the crowd on this one, but I wouldn't care if Freeman finished out the season.  My take is he is what he has been until he shows otherwise.  I have no reason to believe he will show otherwise so he will most likely be on his way to "realizing his potential" in another city and i'm more than fine with that.  We can sit around and hope he isn't a bum for the next 5 years.  I would rather just accept the fact he is what he has been an inconsistent, turnover prone, QB that lacks any semblance of accuracy in the short-intermediate game.
Page: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 19
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Real Fan. No Troll. Start Glennon. Really. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools